Increased Poison Damage on Weapon

Hello!

I've recently found a decently looking weapon for my Witch Doctor. The stat which somewhat confuses me is the '+Poison Damage xxx-xxx'.

Seeing as I'm running a build with Zombie Bears and Poison Darts - which are both based upon poison damage - I was wondering how much would +poison damage on the weapon affect this?

An example;
    Current weapon 900 DPS flat. Random stats like + holy damage.

New weapon 920 DPS flat and +200-400 poison damage, i.e. average of +300 poison damage.

Would I then have to somewhat add the +300 poison damage to the flat DPS and therefore have a DPS on the weapon for my poison darts of 1220?

I hope this makes sense!
    Dont buy it or plague champions will take forever to kill
    Witch Doctor Inferno Soloing - Pre 1.0.3
    http://www.diablofan...inferno-videos/
    it's already calculated in the weapons dps. also the element damage is just flavor it could just as well be + damage.
    Quote from Araun

it's already calculated in the weapons dps. also the element damage is just flavor it could just as well be + damage.

No, it's not.
    Same with shields. I found shield with chance of XX damage over 5 sec. And equipping it doesnt give damage boost in stats. It just procs.

edit: sty, misunderstood :)
    my post is about applying dot damage stat
    Poison damage on a weapon is the same as any other element (cold is the exception) on a weapon, its just damage. There is no special effect, it does not have a bigger boost to certain skills/spells.

The proc effect you mentioned, vo1os, is totally different. Poison just says straight up +100-150 damage, and that is all it is.

Skill use the total weapon damage to calculate their damage (so if poison darts so 120% weapon damage, its 120% weapon damage no matter what elemental affixes you have, poison won't give it a boost).

Cold is the only small exception, cold damage weapons have a chance to slow enemies. To compensate for this, cold damage appears in smaller amounts (so an item could roll +100-150 poison/fire/etc, but a cold roll on the same item for the same budget would be lesser, say 75-125 (made up number)).
    it is already in the weapon... and there is a blue post(maybe reddit ?) that elemental damage is not implemented apart from cold damage.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes