Questions about Darts, Attackspeed, Gear, etc

Hej!

I just hit 60 with my WD and im currently playing Inferno. My current Build is pretty much a standard one, but i sometimes change the CDs and the 4th Ability (Hex or Wall mostly)

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor#aZUdPR!hVW!aaZYcZ

As you can see i use Poison Darts with Splinters as my main attack, Soul Harvest to increase my damage, Fetish Army with Head Hunters for Elite-mobs, and Grasp with Slow, Hex or Wall and Spirit Walk with Mana for my defensive, along with the Cheat Death passive, Tribale Rite, which reduces the CD of my Fetish and Hex and Pierce of Veil. (+20 % Damage and + 30% Manacost)

With my current gear i have about 35k DPS (50 with 5 stacks of Soul Harvest), 1,5 APS, and 20 Manareg with a slow (0.95) 1250 DPS 2-handed Weapon.

Now to the questions about Darts:

1) Splinters does shoot 3 Darts instead of one. Does each of these Darts have a chance to hit critically or are either both 3 or none of theme crits? What about LoH then? Does each Dart suck life and whats the Modifier with Splinters?

2) Is it strictly inadvisable to have less Manareg than your Darts need Mana per second? If i for example would choose a Weapon and Mojo with good DPS and Int but no Manareg instead of my 2h, i have more AS and thus APS but the Manacost/second for my stats will overcome my Manareg (for example: 2 APS --> Darts with Veil Talant costs 13 Mana --> 26 manacost per second but only 20 manareg)

3) Regardless of point 2: Would you recommend my a strong but slow, or a fast weapon, if they would have the same DPS?

4) How do i calculate the DPS of a 1h with a Mojo to compare it with a 2 hander, regardless the Stats like Int. Do i simply have to calculate the average damage of the weapon and mojo, add them and muliply them with the attack speed of the weapon?

5) I know most of the stats, or better the damagevalue of them depend on my gear, but is there maybe still a general stats priority (like 1%ias > 1% crit chance > 1 Int > 1 crit damage)?

6) How excactly do stats like +xx % Dart Damage or +x % Elite Damage work? Are they calculated the last, and therefore really good? For example: if im at 50k DPS and i have +10% Elite Damage, does that mean that i can generally say i have 55k DPS against elites? Does this also apply to Poison Darts? (50+50*0,1=55k DPS with darts then) Do you recommend me to have some of these stats on my gear to clear Act 3 + 4 on Inferno, or should i rather go for max DPS with IAS, Int and Crit?

I know its much but i still hope someone takes his time and answers my questions. :)
    1) Each dart can crit, and each dart can't crit. If one dart crits, the other two can be normal attack. I think they are considered 3 different attacks. I've seen each shot crit, the first, middle or last.

2) I think a lvl 60 WD inheretly has 20 mana regen, which is more than darts costs. I have no mana regen gear and it still shows 20 mana regen. If you stack too much AS, you will go oom at some point, but it probably take you a very long time if you only spam darts.

3) That depends on what you're aiming for. A slower weapon will give you bigger numbers, therefore bigger crits if you're going for that, but less mobility. I've tried both, without IAS items, and both are viable. It just depends on your playstyle.

4) The only way you can do that is by hand I'm afraid. When comparing a 2H to a 1H weapon, the comparison tool will not take into account your offhand.

5) I don't think there is such a stat priority in Diablo, or at least the theorycrafting people haven't come up with it yet. I think AS and crit damage are at the same level, then comes int and crit. It also depends on what spells you're going to use to deal damage, and if you are considering the fact that you will probably need to move a lot. Short answer to your question would be "no, not yet, and it's possible there will never be such a prority"

6) I don't have any info about this, but I'm thinking it's calculated last. Each splinter dart will deal 60% dmg + 10% dmg to an elite. Basing this purely on speculation.

Hope I answered everyting :)
    Pretty much, yeah thanks mate! :)

Do you know anything about Life on Hit? Whats the modifier for it? And lets pretend its 80%, does that mean i get 80*3=240 Life if i use Darts with Splinter once?

And back to the 1h + Mojo vs 2h: Was my calculation right? I simply add the average damage multiplied with the attack speed of my weapon to my 1h-weap dps?
    Quote from Trales

Pretty much, yeah thanks mate! :)

Do you know anything about Life on Hit? Whats the modifier for it? And lets pretend its 80%, does that mean i get 80*3=240 Life if i use Darts with Splinter once?

And back to the 1h + Mojo vs 2h: Was my calculation right? I simply add the average damage multiplied with the attack speed of my weapon to my 1h-weap dps?

http://blackrabbit2999.blogspot.com/2012/06/diablo-3-witch-doctor-life-leech-per.html

I found this with a quick search. Looks like 33% per dart (Splinters).
    Well 33% per hit isnt that bad, i hoped that its more than 100 for 1 shot, but that'd probably be op

thanks to everyone :)
    Quote from Trales

Well 33% per hit isnt that bad, i hoped that its more than 100 for 1 shot, but that'd probably be op

Well, if you were really building around Life on Hit you would probably use one of the 200% LoH darts with Rain of Toads.
    Quote from Myrx

Quote from Trales

Well, if you were really building around Life on Hit you would probably use one of the 200% LoH darts with Rain of Toads.

Nah im all in damage, but i guess i need some LoH for reflect damage mobs (maybe a weapon with lower dps but high loh)
    Armor works really well on reflect damage elites. I'm playing in a team with a barb, and with his armor shout, I hardly notice the reflect damage, unless I'm using Fetish Army + Wall of zombies. I notice it a lot more without the barb.
    i'm running splinters as primary, bears as secondary. I'm at 2.4attack speed using Pierce the veil, vision quest, spirit vesel.
    My experiences are that without at least 30mana regen, you ll get yourself in a bad situations a lot. Act 3 particularly, bcz a lot of spaces there are not viable for kiting, and they will get close to you, and without the support of some aoe dmg (or at least a great deal of splinter dmg) it will be hard.

I'm at 41k dps, and I'm busting my ass off, while act2 is just too easy, at least i can run there somewhere, here i'm getting killed by the things i usually don't even see.
    this site should help you with weapon compare, even tho is 2H vs. 1H+mojo

http://d3dps.com/node/34
    Quote from Pokpokpok

Armor works really well on reflect damage elites. I'm playing in a team with a barb, and with his armor shout, I hardly notice the reflect damage, unless I'm using Fetish Army + Wall of zombies. I notice it a lot more without the barb.

Well im actually just going for all in damage and i normally play solo or with my monk friend so i probably cant stack too much armor, but thanks for the advise!

Quote from bokkkie

i'm running splinters as primary, bears as secondary. I'm at 2.4attack speed using Pierce the veil, vision quest, spirit vesel.
    My experiences are that without at least 30mana regen, you ll get yourself in a bad situations a lot. Act 3 particularly, bcz a lot of spaces there are not viable for kiting, and they will get close to you, and without the support of some aoe dmg (or at least a great deal of splinter dmg) it will be hard.

I'm at 41k dps, and I'm busting my ass off, while act2 is just too easy, at least i can run there somewhere, here i'm getting killed by the things i usually don't even see.

Tbh i dont like Zombie Bears unless you going for a 20-30 secs Burst build (rain dance, army + burst the shit out of a rare mob). Its kinda too manaintensive for me and you have to get too close to the enemy.

Quote from Sabell

this site should help you with weapon compare, even tho is 2H vs. 1H+mojo

http://d3dps.com/node/34

Thanks, ill try that one out and im currently also using this spreadsheet:
    http://www.diablofans.com/topic/46860-dps-spreadsheet/
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes