Inferno Builds that's viable!

Dedicating this topic to show off builds that's viable for inferno (be it either A1 or A4 you're at).

I'll start:

I just got to king in A1, running the usual http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor#cZUTRd!UbX!aacZZZ. Vision quest build. Have had no problems so far and I'm doing solo.

Grasp of the dead, 80 % slow: This already saved my ass so much in hell, I've decided to stick with it forever, whatever build I do :) some would like another long CD CC instead, I don't and it seems to work so far.

Dire bats: Bread and butter of the build really. My only damage spell. Having some issues with mana even with Vision quest up... Probably just a matter of gear I guess!

Spirit walk healing journey: Although jaunt could be better for getting away and getting in my CC's etc, I decided to go with healing journey. Saves a lot of asswhipin' when you're on 500hp and the cd just finishes :)

Gargantuan Restless giant: Two reasons I picked this.
    1. It's dying pretty damn fast in inferno so far, I'd like it to take a few hits whilst doing optimal damage so it's not just a wall of flesh.
    2. Vision Quest...

Hex Jinx: I'd maybe change this to big bad voodoo but it's a great thing to get away with and/or gives an advantage in weird situations (belial can get hexed... lulz?)

Soul harvest Siphon: I actually do great damage without soul harvest, but it's just such a great boost. And harvest Siphon can put you on top after a fast spirit walk when you're dying.

Passives: I might change Blood Ritual to Spirit Vessel (the one that saves your ass when you're dying every 90 seconds) when I get better gear and feel like mana isn't an issue :)

Please be constructive to others and post a reason why you're doing what you do!
    Thanks
    Oh, and for those who doesn't know vision quest builds: I hold hex, Gargantuan, grasp of the dead, soulharvest and spiritwalk on CD to get an enormous amount of mana regen. This makes me capable of spamming Dire bats with an insane output of damage.
    http://eu.battle.net...dURT!UbV!cYYZZZ

I use this to farm Act1, seen similar builds posted before so it's nothing new, biggest problems are some champion/rare packs and with this i can burst them down before they burst me.

With some practice you can chain spirit walk into spirit vessel proc into another spirit walk while spamming zombie bears like there's no tomorrow.
    I can see what you see not.
    Vision milky, then eyes rot.
    Ugh, it seems the ONLY viable way to play a WD in Inferno is those god damn VQ builds which I don't like. This is not how I wanted to play my WD.

I guess I'll just have to retire him until blizzard fixes things. I find them rather crappy end game when the ONLY way to spec is VQ 'have all your abilities on CD" builds.
    Quote from Alcovitch

Ugh, it seems the ONLY viable way to play a WD in Inferno is those god damn VQ builds which I don't like. This is not how I wanted to play my WD.

I guess I'll just have to retire him until blizzard fixes things. I find them rather crappy end game when the ONLY way to spec is VQ 'have all your abilities on CD" builds.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor#aZUdRX!VWX!aaaZZb

I use this build a lot, and actually can solo up through the end of Act 2 with it. You can drop one of the control abilities for an AOE if you'd like. Rain of Toads works well. This build works really well in groups as well. As a point of reference I have 2.51 attacks per second so the darts are a constant stream.

Vision Quest is not the only way to play.
    Recently i was a bit bored, so i gave this a shot - http://us.battle.net...UZYT!eWV!aZcacZ just to do something different, and i still managed to clear whole Act 1 inferno with it ;)
    Pets of course died a lot, especially dogs. but they were cannon fodder anyway. Sacrifice is pretty good on elites and the dogs can give you a few seconds of standstill nuking before you blow them up. Also gave Zombie Handler/Jungle Fortitude a chance in place of Pierce the Veil/Fetish sycopanths, but i haven't noticed any difference in pets survivability.
    Was pretty funny to run with a whole WD squad for a change. I'm not even that good geared at 25k hp and 14k dps.
    Quote from Myrx

Quote from Alcovitch

http://us.battle.net...UdRX!VWX!aaaZZb

I use this build a lot, and actually can solo up through the end of Act 2 with it. You can drop one of the control abilities for an AOE if you'd like. Rain of Toads works well. This build works really well in groups as well. As a point of reference I have 2.51 attacks per second so the darts are a constant stream.

Vision Quest is not the only way to play.

I wouldn't call a kite spam dart build fun either though :P The only 2 viable builds in Inferno aren't very fun imo.
    Its not kite spam dart. Its spam dart while standing in place/area and using your 4/5 defence abilities to keep stuff off you. When done right and with appropriate gear for content you can kill most things before they kill you. If there is something left you may have to kite a bit to finnish. Check out:

http://www.diablofans.com/topic/44093-after-beating-inferno-dblo-my-wd-build/

for a great run down on several build he has used and what he used them for. Most are not kite builds at all and none are VQ builds.
    To be honest almost every build works in Inferno Act 1 as long as you got decent gear.
    In Act 2 survivality takes a big hit because the monsters are higher level than you are. This means that your armor and resistances give less protection than they say (when you hover your cursor on them). It is expensive and kind of hard to find gear with high amount of armor and high amount of all resistance as well.

The problem with Witch Doctor is:
    1) Too much mana costs in following skills: Acid Cloud, Zombie Charger and Firebats.
    2) Too long cooldown in the following skills: Zombie Dogs, Gargantuan, Wall of Zombies, Mass Confusion and Big Bad Voodoo
    3) The ranged skills are so much better than the melee-ranged skills in Inferno (and in other difficulties as well to be honest).
    4) Poison Dart is clearly the strongest primary.

I mean it's no surprise people are playing with Vision Quest and Poison Darts in Inferno. The monsters require a lot of hits before they die, which means a lot of mana consumption. The other primary skills are too random (Toads go wherever they please, spiders might not be in range to hit) and Firebomb's damage is just not worth it in Inferno (especially with that 8 yard radius).

This problem is not exclusive to Witch Doctors. Every class suffers from the same problem to a certain degree when they start Inferno difficulty.
    I use:

Firebomb - Fire Pit
    Grasp of the Dead - Unbreakable Grasp
    Big Bad Voodoo - Slam Dance
    Spirit Walk - Healing Journey
    Acid Cloud - Slow Burn
    Posion Dart - Splinters

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor#hZQUia!ZbV!babcba

I was (until today) always using a weap that had +943 life on hit, so with all the puddles of fire/acid/etc on the ground I was practically a tank.

However, today I got a much higher dps weapon so I might tweak my build as I do not return very much life compared to my previous weapon.

Currentley working through Act II when I am not solo farming Inferno Whimsyshire.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes