Loving the patch 15 Witch Doc so far

Quote from Vladdy13

Is Vermin gone like it says in the unofficial patch notes?

Yes I believe vermin is now gone. I don't know what new passive blizzard is putting in but, they'll put something in. I think it would be wierd and unfair if the WD didn't have the same amount of passive choices as the other classes.
    wait.. seriously? unfair.. have you not seen the monk? they have less skills, passives everything.. they are so gimped and unfair, but vermin being taken out = unfair? what are you smoking man!
    I don't feel any nerf while playing WD right now. Cool as always.

Also - I almost died couple of times, monsters damage is increased indeed. Once I ran into one of Cathedral rooms and I found TONS of skeletons there with banners that were summoning them... Oh my god, that was incredible. Hundreds of them. Didn't have this event before patch.
    I had a chance to play the WD this morning and wow... I feel like he's a lot more fun now that mana actually matters. I LOVE the new firebats. It does a ton of damage but it also consumes a lot of mana so it just feels like a great tradeoff. Mana actually feels like a resource now.
    Have to admit I like the look of DiabloWiki.com - Haunt Haunt - "Resentful Spirit" alongside DiabloWiki.com - Soul Harvest Soul Harvest - "Vengeful Spirit".
    SH + Direbats = 100+ damage on SK
    Tell us MOAR!

Sounds to me like SH will be powerful early on but once we got shitloads of int @ 60 those 630 int wont matter that much
    Quote from CCG_Chinny

Quote from Mastodon

Now, I am going to post all the peeps that was complaining about WD nerf sucks, and WD it going to fail. I am just going to RUB it in :P

All your name will be here soon. :hehe: I am calling you out. Thats right!

I personally never said the WD would suck. I just said the nerf to our AoE was too severe.

Edit: Their fix is apparently making our already superior single target DPS twice as powerful. I kind of question if they know what they're doing. a 14-15 DPS Bardiche using soul harvest...38.78-41.55 damage if you don't have +int gear outside of that (Give or take about 10% more int due to leveling). Alright cool. Let's see what our Haunt damage would be! 223-238.9 damage over 15 seconds. 14.9 - 15.9 dps just from haunt. Yeah, wow. Was this buff to our single target necessary? :P

And...Grasp of the Dead was only nerfed mana-wise.

How do you see and where do you get 223-238.9 from? Does the skill acc say so? Only played beta in patch 13 for a short while, and even with adv tooltips it was wp%
    To be honest.... nerf ...boost ...nerf , afterall... play what you want to play and WD plays fine , learn your skills , make a good build and have fun playing !

We dont know what will happen on inferno .... to soon to tell
    Just finished my first playthrough the WD. He feels awesome, seriously loving soul harvest.
    Quote from Discopolice

Tell us MOAR!

Sounds to me like SH will be powerful early on but once we got shitloads of int @ 60 those 630 int wont matter that much

Are you seriously saying a 630% increase of damage won't matter much? :D
    "I would never die for my beliefs because I might be wrong."
    ~ Bertrand Russell ~
    British author, mathematician & philosopher (1872 - 1970)
    Quote from Sythrasz

Quote from Discopolice

Tell us MOAR!

ofc its ALOT. But think of this, lvl 60, endgame gear, 5000 int (this is just a guess lol) this skill would not be as beneficial as maybe other skills :)
    Graps of the dead is more of a CC then DMG spell. Like it was meant to be.
    Quote from D3L33tGuilty

Graps of the dead is more of a CC then DMG spell. Like it was meant to be.

Yep. Feels good, enjoying using it and the slow is actually useful and welcome now. Also soul harvest + eels is actually some good damage.
    Quote from Discopolice

Quote from Sythrasz

Quote from Discopolice

Tell us MOAR!

ofc its ALOT. But think of this, lvl 60, endgame gear, 5000 int (this is just a guess lol) this skill would not be as beneficial as maybe other skills :)

I've been thinking of this as of late, mostly in relation to the passive Pierce the veil (20% damage for 30% more mana), and how the talent might seem better than it actually is. I mean, already around level 10 there's items with around 10 intellect, so that passive in reality is equal to 20 intellect (unless i've misunderstood intellect completely, 1 intellect will always be 1% damage, right?), which doesnt sound too fantastic based on the presumption that mana is going to be scarce.
    I actually just recorded a full run with my witch doctor, from the start to skeleton king.
    I'm rendering the movie as we speak, probably will appear on youtube during the night. =)
    SoEasy#2174
    Also at level 10, this skill gives 30 int per stack, 5 stacks makes +150 int. So the amount of int you get per stacks scales per level, so this skill should be equally useful at 60 as it is at 10. (More useful really, if you get better mana regen and a larger mana pool.)

Wouldn't make sense for it to add the same int at level 10 as it does at 60. No sense at all.

Also, tried to learn more about the mechanics of the skill, here's what I've learned:

Maximum 5 stacks.
    Whenever you use it, you get stacks equal to the number of enemies around, up to 5. Let me clarify, if you have 5 stacks from before, lets say with 15s of buff left, and you use the skill again with only 2 enemies nearby, you lose your 5 stacks and it is replaced with 2 stacks for the full duration. -> Duration resets, amount of stacks equal to enemies within X yards at the cast time, regardless of how many stacks you had before, and how long that more powerful buff might last.

If you have 4 stacks, and cast SH again with 1 enemy around, you will not then have 5 stacks. You will have 1 for full duration.
    Quote from Sythrasz

Feels better overall. It really didn't make sense to have our aoe slow be enough damage in itself to finish any pack of mobs. Firebats feels too expensive though, we'll see how Direbats is.

dire bats are super OP because it does awesome dmg at very long range. sure it costs a lot but for good reason. with a higher mana pool which comes with leveling and some help from gear with regen bats are more then fine.

i agree the WD feels good in this patch, i love spamming leaping spiders endlessly into a room and watching everything get eaten. or i just held it down on the SK and let them rape him too. its better single target than poison dart because they act like homing missles because a mob can always move away from your 3 darts and only get hit by 1-2, or even none if they are moving enough. but not leapers. soul harvest i think is very OP , hope it doesnt get nerfed. it feels very required because its such a drastic improvement on your overall DPS.
    "once the pretty hardcore gamers we had testing inferno found it fairly difficult, we then we doubled it" -trolololol jay wilson
    I doubt SH will be nerfed. It's probably too good for normal, but when there's an actual risk associated with getting so close to 5 enemies it will be great power at great risk.
    *edit: forgot, yeah Dire Bats do ridiculous amounts of damage. The cone is very narrow, but hey, when you're doing ~90dmg per bat what do you care :D
    "I would never die for my beliefs because I might be wrong."
    ~ Bertrand Russell ~
    British author, mathematician & philosopher (1872 - 1970)
    Quote from Sythrasz

I doubt SH will be nerfed. It's probably too good for normal, but when there's an actual risk associated with getting so close to 5 enemies it will be great power at great risk.
    *edit: forgot, yeah Dire Bats do ridiculous amounts of damage. The cone is very narrow, but hey, when you're doing ~90dmg per bat what do you care :D

exactly. also i don think its great risk at all for SH. the range on it is pretty decent so you just run near a group hit it and keep running and you can pop CC's to slow/stop mobs n do it also.
    "once the pretty hardcore gamers we had testing inferno found it fairly difficult, we then we doubled it" -trolololol jay wilson
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes