A decent WD build or maybe not?

Hey!

Just started to play around with the skill calculator and this is my first attempt, please bombard me with tips stating whether or not this build might get me inferno(ishly) far.

http://eu.battle.net...ikYT!aWe!cZcYcc
    hmmm pierce the veil kinda makes things super expensive doesnt it
    Yeah, it might. To be honest, I have to clue as to how many of spell X will be needed to kill off an enemy in lets say Hell. I mainly went with something that looked like a solid passive, but you might very right in that it will drag a big mana issue with it.
    need a bit more mana regen for this build. you only have 20 mana regen/second now (patch 14). and max 740 mana at lvl 60. so after a few casts your mana is nearly gone (especially with 30% increase) and your regen is very slow. so get rid of pierce of the veil n grab spiritual attunement and your good
    "once the pretty hardcore gamers we had testing inferno found it fairly difficult, we then we doubled it" -trolololol jay wilson
    Quote from GladHeHasBeta

need a bit more mana regen for this build. you only have 20 mana regen/second now (patch 14). and max 740 mana at lvl 60. so after a few casts your mana is nearly gone (especially with 30% increase) and your regen is very slow. so get rid of pierce of the veil n grab spiritual attunement and your good

Ah sweet, you predict the build to be viable in hell maybe inferno if I just switch that out?

Thanks =)
    Quote from Fiskpinnen

Quote from GladHeHasBeta

Ah sweet, you predict the build to be viable in hell maybe inferno if I just switch that out?

Thanks =)

yep, very much so. :D
    "once the pretty hardcore gamers we had testing inferno found it fairly difficult, we then we doubled it" -trolololol jay wilson
    Just a follow up question on that, is Spiritual Attunement the best passive when it comes to mana (regnationwise, poolwise). How is it compared to like Vision Quest?
    Quote from Fiskpinnen

Just a follow up question on that, is Spiritual Attunement the best passive when it comes to mana (regnationwise, poolwise). How is it compared to like Vision Quest?

vision quest is only good if your build is constantly rotating many cooldown abilities.
    Quote from Fiskpinnen

Vision quest is miles better. Mana regen is increased by 300%, which gives you up to an additional 60 mana per second on top of your base 20 mana per second. Although you will never actually get the whole 60, you should still get ~50.

Spiritual attunement will only give you ~150 mana and ~9 mana per second.
    "Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?"

Epicurus
    Quote from Antirepublican

Quote from Fiskpinnen

Vision quest is miles better. Mana regen is increased by 300%, which gives you up to an additional 60 mana per second on top of your base 20 mana per second. Although you will never actually get the whole 60, you should still get ~50.

fail research is fail. please dont comment if you have no idea how spells work. kthxbai
    Quote from GladHeHasBeta

Quote from Fiskpinnen

fail research is fail. please dont comment if you have no idea how spells work. kthxbai

I know how everything works. Only someone without facts to back up their claims argue that they are right w/o providing proof.

As long as you average a gain of about 15 mana per second from vision quest (It varies slightly depending on which skills you cast), then its better than spiritual attunement. Which only requires that you have 4 used cooldowns 3 out of every 8 seconds or only 37.5% of the time. Which really isn't that hard at all considering so many of the WD cooldowns are 1-2 minutes.
    "Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?"

Epicurus

Quote from GladHeHasBeta

Quote from Fiskpinnen

I know how everything works. Only someone without facts to back up their claims argue that they are right w/o providing proof.

As long as you average a gain of about 15 mana per second from vision quest (It varies slightly depending on which skills you cast), then its better than spiritual attunement. Which only requires that you have 4 used cooldowns 3 out of every 8 seconds or only 37.5% of the time. Which really isn't that hard at all considering so many of the WD cooldowns are 1-2 minutes.

Of course the posters build doesnt even have 4 CDs, so its all kind of moot.

yea you ONLY need 66% of your skills ON cooldown to get the bonus. yea so ez bro. like i said to him in a post above. unless your build revolves around cooldown skills and constantly rotating them vision quest is useless. if you plan on spending a lot of time using a spammable attack, vision quest isnt for you. it takes a very specific build type for it to be beneficial
    Quote from GladHeHasBeta

Quote from GladHeHasBeta

Quote from Fiskpinnen

Of course the posters build doesnt even have 4 CDs, so its all kind of moot.

LAWL. yea you ONLY need 66% of your skills ON cooldown to get the bonus. yea so ez bro. like i said to him in a post above. unless your build revolves around cooldown skills and constantly rotating them vision quest is useless. if you plan on spending time using a spammable attack vision quest isnt for you. it takes a very specific build type for it to be beneficial

You only need to have them on CD FOR FAR LESS THAN HALF the time.

With 2 pets at 1 min, say zombie wall at 25 seconds, and Grasp of the dead at 8 seconds, then its not hard to rotate cooldowns. The pet CDs are so long you can basically forget about them, which means the only cooldowns you really have to worry about is grasp of the dead and say zombie wall. Its not like its some complicated rotation...just push those 2 buttons from time to time, like at the start of the pull when mana actually matters and you are going to do it anyways.

There are also some 2 min CDs as well!! Just think how easy that shit would be to rotate.

If you have 4 cooldowns then vision quest is more than likely going to be far greater than spiritual attunement. If not, spiritual attunement obviously wins. Whats wrong with that? Makes perfect sense....lets use some logic here.

Epicurus
    this isnt world of warcraft. you shouldnt form a "rotation" to get your spells to work. and like i said unless u have a lot of CD spells, its not worth it.
    He has 4, I can't see why you would ever consider more than 4. And theres not much of a rotation to it. Simply cast zombie wall and grasp at the start of the pulls, which you would likely be doing anyways.

Epicurus

He has 4, I can't see why you would ever consider more than 4. And theres not much of a rotation to it. Simply cast zombie wall and grasp at the start of the pulls, which you would likely be doing anyways.

its a necessity for mana though. it will get real annoying when you dont need to use one of your cooldowns but have to just to get the bonus from vision quest. i dont want to have to constantly worry about making sure all my skills are on CD for that bonus, just takes away from the gameplay IMO
    Look, I won already!

Epicurus

Look, I won already!

lolwut
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes