about Haunt question!

OK, patch 13 its out and also the Haunt was nerfed (350% dmg down to 500%), but my question is about the Haunt dynamic.
    When Haunt kills a mob it jumps to a new one but with full duration or the remaining one?

Example:

Haunt on Mob A -> (5sec) -> Mob A Die -> Jump to Mob B -> Haunt duration on Mob B 15 or 10 sec ?

In my opinion it really changes the power of this skill.

Thank you in advance and forgive my noobsness!
    donno ... i hope it reseted... im kinda excited about this change, but yet only 350% wep dmg ... hmm at least 400 would be good.
    I believe it's 10 seconds. But that was just how it felt, I've never seen it timed or anything. It's still a decently powerful skill though.
    Haunt basically exhausts it's damage, so I think time is irrelevent.. ?
    tested. haunt duration does not refresh. also the dmg is so effing horrible its a waste of a spell. even in high dps gear in the beta it still sucks. 350% over 15 seconds is horrid. if anything it needed a buff not a nerf.
    "once the pretty hardcore gamers we had testing inferno found it fairly difficult, we then we doubled it" -trolololol jay wilson
    Quote from GladHeHasBeta

tested. haunt duration does not refresh. also the dmg is so effing horrible its a waste of a spell. even in high dps gear in the beta it still sucks. 350% over 15 seconds is horrid. if anything it needed a buff not a nerf.

It has its use as a mana tool, but that's basically it.
    The WD took alot of nerfs in patch 13. At 23% wdmg/sec it is pretty weak and didn't they also reduce the mana gain from it. I was only really taking it for a spammable mana generator anyway to begin with. Even at 500% wdmg pre patch 13 it was weak. I was watching the Force videos and he was struggling to even show the haunt moving from one target to the next it was so weak. It couldn't kill anything. Needs to be a shorter dot(but same damage) and maybe reset timer if it finds a new target. Nerfed zombie dogs do 9% per swing and with 3 thats 27%. Haunt sounds like it needs a major buff or change.

Rush of Essence now restores 30% of the cost over 10 as opposed to 125%.
    Draining Spirit - Level (54) - Spirit returns 2 mana per second.

http://www.diablofans.com/topic/35324-new-witch-doctor-skills-and-runes/

My bad, RoE was nerfed, draining spirit still returns mana as long as it lasts 8secs or more.
    Quote from Ashitaka

The WD took alot of nerfs in patch 13. At 23% wdmg/sec it is pretty weak and didn't they also reduce the mana gain from it. I was only really taking it for a spammable mana generator anyway to begin with. Even at 500% wdmg pre patch 13 it was weak. I was watching the Force videos and he was struggling to even show the haunt moving from one target to the next it was so weak. It couldn't kill anything. Needs to be a shorter dot(but same damage) and maybe reset timer if it finds a new target. Nerfed zombie dogs do 9% per swing and with 3 thats 27%. Haunt sounds like it needs a major buff or change.

Rush of Essence now restores 30% of the cost over 10 as opposed to 125%.
    Draining Spirit - Level (54) - Spirit returns 2 mana per second.

http://www.diablofan...ills-and-runes/

My bad, RoE was nerfed, draining spirit still returns mana as long as it lasts 8secs or more.

I think Haunt fills a specific role as a single target support skill, it probably could do with a buff. But for a single click the only thing that can out damage it is maybe particular builds running Corpse Spiders. Once the 15 second duration runs its course you will have done more damage than without it.
    I think Haunt has a more tactical use.
    It deals damage and allow you to manage resources/slow mobs.
    Also is a "can't miss fire 'n forgot" skill.

I still consider it a good choice.
    Did they change haunt to 350 over 10 or is it 350 over 15?

Haunt was on the tipping scales for me at 500 over 15, so if they nerfed it to 350 then I am having some serious doubts about this thing.
    Do you want to get scammed? Perhaps a nice keylogger?
    "Just google "diablo 3 gold guide" and magical rainbow covered demons will assault your eyes."
    Quote from Mysticjbyrd

Haunt was on the tipping scales for me at 500 over 15, so if they nerfed it to 350 then I am having some serious doubts about this thing.

its still 15. it just really blows now. waste of a skill with or without mana regen from it. theres just so many better skills u can cast for much more dmg and better CC / mana regen so its literally a complete waste now
    "once the pretty hardcore gamers we had testing inferno found it fairly difficult, we then we doubled it" -trolololol jay wilson
    Quote from GladHeHasBeta

Quote from Mysticjbyrd

its still 15. it just really blows now. waste of a skill with or without mana regen from it. theres just so many better skills u can cast for much more dmg and better CC / mana regen so its literally a complete waste now

I agree. it's basically free but It's only a 23.3% DPS ability (unruned). Basically on par with dogs (inferior, since dogs deals 27% dps), but at least dogs have an inherently tanky function
    Quote from Ellixmaji

I think Haunt fills a specific role as a single target support skill, it probably could do with a buff. But for a single click the only thing that can out damage it is maybe particular builds running Corpse Spiders. Once the 15 second duration runs its course you will have done more damage than without it.

Thats IF it stays on a target for 15 secs, IMO from what I've seen of beta it will only be useful in later difficulties when you have to run around alot to avoid damage and the mobs don't die so easy or on boss fights. Thats why I suggested a higher damage, lower time and maybe a timer reset to make it more useful on weaker mobs. As I understand it, Haunt spends half its time finding new targets, isn't that half the dps gone? Plus 15secs is along time.
    Quote from Ashitaka

Quote from Ellixmaji

Thats IF it stays on a target for 15 secs, IMO from what I've seen of beta it will only be useful in later difficulties when you have to run around alot to avoid damage and the mobs don't die so easy or on boss fights. Thats why I suggested a higher damage, lower time and maybe a timer reset to make it more useful on weaker mobs. As I understand it, Haunt spends half its time finding new targets, isn't that half the dps gone? Plus 15secs is along time.

I may be mistaken about this, but doesnt it jump instantly or just not at all?
    "Just google "diablo 3 gold guide" and magical rainbow covered demons will assault your eyes."
    Quote from Mysticjbyrd

I may be mistaken about this, but doesnt it jump instantly or just not at all?

instantly. lol
    Maybe they nerfed Haunt because they considered it to effective dmg. In the wizard forums they made a big deal about slow weapons v/s fast weapons, and one of the topics they really hit on was overkill. (They called it something else, something weird.) Anyways, they went into great detail talking about how the slow weapon would hit harder, but a good chunk of the dmg would be essentially wasted.

Haunt on the other hand does its dmg slowly over time, and then hops to the next target to do the same. Therefore its dmg will always be quite efficient.

Just a guess.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes