WD build in theory

Hello all you WD players.
    I have composed a build for the WD just by reading the numbers on the D3 page.
    And based on my knowledge of the game. I haven’t played the Beta so it just theory.
    Here is the build: http://eu.battle.net...eibP!WVe!ZYbaZa
    Please share your opinion:
    Is it good? Do you think it will last up to Hell difficulty?
    What’s on your mind in regards to the build?
    Always be on the lookout for the little rabbit that can jump from the bush.
    Hi.
    I must say i don't really see the "thing" on the build and how you designed to use it on your future witch doctor. If you could explain it a bit?

This is what i gathered so far:
    I'd find firebats and zombie charger both bit of "risky" stationary skills. When a real dangerous mob comes towards you they both give me a feeling of locking you at place at times used.

Estimating the need of mana regen is quite impossible for me at this point atleast, but getting mana regen from horrify seems rather good idea. One thing that popped in my mind is to hog one more longer cd spell and make use with Vision quest passive should definetly make it.

About Zombie dogs and Fetish army i have not much to say about. Suppose they are rather good idea.
    About the bats - as this is just theory that is why i choose the Crimson rune - you get more damage and more range.
    Zombie Carger is i think good spamable spell with desent damage including the rune you also have dot for 70%wd.
    the pets are to ocupie the crouds and give me time to stay a bit behind them.
    Vision quest is good ieda but if i focus on +mana regen items.
    It's pretty solid build imo. I think this kind of build will be the most common across WD.

1x Single Target Damage Spell
    1x AoE Damage Spell
    1x Buff, buff-like ability or short duration summons
    1x Minion (dogs or gargantua)
    1x Hard CC or Spirit Walk
    1x Long Cooldown Skill

Any of those 6 skills need a mana fixing ability via runes.

About your build. I would remove spirit vessel. You're only reducing the cooldown of Horrify from 20 to 18 seconds. Waste of passive imo.
    "In time the hissing of her sanity
    Faded out her voice and soiled her name
    And like marked pages in a diary
    Everything seemed clean that is unstained
    The incoherent talk of ordinary days
    Why would we really need to live?
    Decide what is clear and what's within a haze
    What you should take and what to give" - Opeth
    Quote from italofoca

About your build. I would remove spirit vessel. You're only reducing the cooldown of Horrify from 20 to 18 seconds. Waste of passive imo.

What do you think if i change it with "Rush of essence" this way i will benefit even more from Horrify and Spirit barrage?
    You're gonna run out of mana very very fast
    Quote from kiowa

Quote from italofoca

What do you think if i change it with "Rush of essence" this way i will benefit even more from Horrify and Spirit barrage?

Those mana costs are kind low. Also you're not spamming your abilities. I mean:
    You only need to cast Spirit Barrage once every 20 seconds. It will restores 368,16 mana over 20 seconds - that doesn't sounds a lot. Horrify cost even less, so you can picture even a worse regeneration.

I think you need Spiritual Attunament or Gruesome Feast.
    "In time the hissing of her sanity
    Faded out her voice and soiled her name
    And like marked pages in a diary
    Everything seemed clean that is unstained
    The incoherent talk of ordinary days
    Why would we really need to live?
    Decide what is clear and what's within a haze
    What you should take and what to give" - Opeth
    Here are some calculations on the mana cost and regens:

Active Skills Mana cost /Mana regen /Passive regen /Mana cost +30%
    1 Firebats 295 / / / 384
    1 Zombie Charger 384 / / / 499
    6 Horrify 74/ 325 / 1 203 / 96
    12 Spirit Barrage 236/ / 3 83 / 307
    18 Summon Zombie Dogs 295/ 0 / / 384
    24 Fetish Army / / /
    Total / 325 / 5 038 / 1 669
    Passive
    Zombie handler
    Rush of essesnce
    Pierce the veil

I don’t know how big my mana pool will be at lvl 30 but these numbers show that with this build I will have
    1. 325 mana regen per feared enemy
    2. 5038 mana regen from passive regen
    3. My mana cost will be 1669 with the 30% increase by Pierce the veil

All in all I will have 8 times to spam Firebats, or 6 times Zombie Charger - these calculations do not take in to consideration Mana regen from Items, and the actual size of the mana poll and also the Horrify regen per feared enemy as i can’t fix it to a specific No.
    I'm not sure where you're getting your passive regen numbers. Firebats is a channeled spell btw.

Rush of essence is a waste in that build though. Your spirit skills are too cheap and you don't cast them often. Spiritual attunement will restore a lot more mana.
    http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor#VXeibP!WYe!ZYbaZa
    Quote from MandyMemory

I'm not sure where you're getting your passive regen numbers. Firebats is a channeled spell btw.

Rush of essence is a waste in that build though. Your spirit skills are too cheap and you don't cast them often. Spiritual attunement will restore a lot more mana.
    http://eu.battle.net...eibP!WYe!ZYbaZa

Ok, so the Firebats cost is 384/second even with the Crimson rune. if this is so, I will have 8.77 seconds of cast time befor i run out of mana (again i dont know the what the mana pool wil be).
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes