The Complete Monk Guide

Very nice guide mate !
    Hi there Krat0s.

First of, thanks for the great guide, was a (long) great read ;)
    I haven't played for a long time, and had some questions I tried to PM you as suggested in your guide, but since I never actually posted anything on the forums, I was not allowed to. Hope you read this and drop me a line so I can reply, if you have the time :)

Claeshj
    Awesome work! I was thinking how can i explain skills/gear to my new monk friend basically and totally, Thank you!
    any chance to get a dashing strike build analysis ?
    Wait.. I have a question.. Newb monk here, sooo what you guys say is best for a monk with SweepingWing/Cyclone? A good pair of 1handed with lifesteal or a good 2handed Skorn?
    Quote from sixx

Wait.. I have a question.. Newb monk here, sooo what you guys say is best for a monk with SweepingWing/Cyclone? A good pair of 1handed with lifesteal or a good 2handed Skorn?

You mainly want more attack speed to spawn more cyclones, so i would suggest you go for a duel wield set-up. It can work fine with 2h weps but you will have far less cyclones spawning.
    A skorn is imo not ment for sw/cyc builds since your ramp up time to get 3 stacks is way slower and like mackie said you will spawn less cyclones. Sure those hit harder but in the long run its not worth it. Skorn builds are fun for groupplay using tempestrush+cyclone strike when playing with a cm/wiz. Just run thru the maps and spot the elites. Have your group tp on you and suck in the mobs for your cm to keep em perma frozen.

Using a flying dragon would be viable but there are not many decent(high ccd+ls) left on the market anymore.
    I will try out the cookie cutter build and see how it goes!
    Thank you for an awesome guide!
    Didn't want to open a new thread as i got only two questions.
    I don't see many monks with owe that stack physical resistance, is there something i am missing? I have it already on crafted shoulders and bracers and by far it would be my higher def stat. The aim is to go for 450 AR and around 650+ Physical res.
    Second thing is, is wkl with +20 to lighting damage , socket and ls worth getting if the dps is around 830-850.
    Quote from Xezian

Didn't want to open a new thread as i got only two questions.
    I don't see many monks with owe that stack physical resistance, is there something i am missing? I have it already on crafted shoulders and bracers and by far it would be my higher def stat. The aim is to go for 450 AR and around 650+ Physical res.
    Second thing is, is wkl with +20 to lighting damage , socket and ls worth getting if the dps is around 830-850.

1) Physical resistance is a very "expensive" stat (because it mitigates reflected damage). If some people can't afford allres, they buy phys res. Therefore it's the most expensive stat to gear up for OWE.

2) Depends on your budget? 20% lightning damage is kinda the lowest I would get, but 830-850 dps + socket + LS isn't bad. I'd take that. But someone like... INVIS wouldn't even look at it. It depends on your other gear. My WKL has actually 23% but lower DPS (sub-800). But my monk isn't my main ;-)

Unpinning this for obvious reasons.

Ha. Bagstone.

• To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes