INVIS's Monk End Game [Speed Palm Build] for High MP

This build helped me a lot to get started at MP10, thank you so much.
    Quote from DarKxRaideR

This build helped me a lot to get started at MP10, thank you so much.

Thank you for your comment, I will be updating the OP post soon to include some more details. Some extra tips for the beginner monks to practice the SP build.
    invis you have made diablo 3 fun again :Thumbs Up:
    I have read this post when it first came out , but since I did not have the proper dps/ehp combo I was dying far too much for my taste (which is one death) and I went back to farm mp7-8 with my usual build which is for me the fastest if you want to farm mp7-8 , but mp10 is a different game and I am having fun again and for that you have my eternal appritiation :)
    since I did not see any numbers about the gear necessary to farm mp10 with this build here is mine
    201kdps 5.6 life steal 706All ress 5k armor (4954) 2.25 AS And I am using OWE and Seize the initiative (I dropped 10-12k dps for increasing my EHP)
    That's pretty decent dps for MP10 and your EHP is fine.That prolly the base of the build to actually farm it effective. I have 248k unbuffed ( just scoundrel ) and mp10 is pretty easy, tho some end of the world packs sometimes spawn which is fun,.
    thanks for the discussion on the whole SoJ %elite and its effect on Explosion damage by Exploding Palm. Very useful!

Just to be clear though:
    The extra skill damage of up to 12% Exploding Palm damage ONLY affects the dot, not the explosion, correct?
    Quote from zora2619

thanks for the discussion on the whole SoJ %elite and its effect on Explosion damage by Exploding Palm. Very useful!

Just to be clear though:
    The extra skill damage of up to 12% Exploding Palm damage ONLY affects the dot, not the explosion, correct?

correct, the exploding palm SOJ only improve the bleeding damage, it does nothing to the actual explosion. However the damage elite does, which means if you only want to improve your explosion, you are better off using either a wave of light SOJ or sweeping wind SOJ.
    Nice build :)
    I've been playing with this build lately and its very effective. Only difference is I use Foresight instead of Blind (I prefer the constant 26% damage buff over the burst).

Now if I only switch to all resistance everything so I can drop OWE and pick up near death experience. I've looked but its very expensive to do for me to maintain my life/resistance/DPS if I drop OWE.
    I keep saying I need to make a new adjustment to the guide and new video, I promise I will do that as soon as possible, just a brief information, NDE is no longer needed as I found a way to use EP with reflect without blowing yourself up. And also the video I did was very outdated, it was hard to see the true power of this build, I will be making a new video on VOTA, and so people can understand how good this build could potentially be.
    Yeah I've been running this build exclusively in Vota runs its very effective at quickly taking out the whole elite pack. Some of the elites in there (blazing guardians, those spinning tihngs) can be difficult though. I run double LS, 600 resists, 50k life, and I still die ocassionally depending on what abilities they spawn with.

Interested in your method against reflect packs. As of now I noticed they tend to put reflect on and off at the same time, so if one is about to die and reflect isnt up I usually put ep on at the last minute before it does to detonate the whole pack. Works about 75% of the time.
    Quote from RasAlgethi24

Yeah I've been running this build exclusively in Vota runs its very effective at quickly taking out the whole elite pack. Some of the elites in there (blazing guardians, those spinning tihngs) can be difficult though. I run double LS, 600 resists, 50k life, and I still die ocassionally depending on what abilities they spawn with.

Interested in your method against reflect packs. As of now I noticed they tend to put reflect on and off at the same time, so if one is about to die and reflect isnt up I usually put ep on at the last minute before it does to detonate the whole pack. Works about 75% of the time.

Yup, it's pretty much the same idea, it's all about good timing, I gear up exactly so that I will kill one single target in an elite pack down to around 15% life before I put blind and make sure they die with EP when the reflect is off. It is true they should be on and off at same time and if I am not able to kill under the first window, meaning I will need to either wait for the next window which is around 5s more or kill them on by one. Both of them are slow and can increase the kill time almost double or triple sometimes. I am pretty good at it now and I have a success rate of over 90% on putting EP on reflect pack.
    Quote from invis

Quote from RasAlgethi24

Yup, it's pretty much the same idea, it's all about good timing, I gear up exactly so that I will kill one single target in an elite pack down to around 15% life before I put blind and make sure they die with EP when the reflect is off. It is true they should be on and off at same time and if I am not able to kill under the first window, meaning I will need to either wait for the next window which is around 5s more or kill them on by one. Both of them are slow and can increase the kill time almost double or triple sometimes. I am pretty good at it now and I have a success rate of over 90% on putting EP on reflect pack.

Not exactly the answer I was hoping for. I was hoping you found a more elegant, effective solution against reflect packs then what I do.
    Quote from RasAlgethi24

Quote from invis

Quote from RasAlgethi24

Not exactly the answer I was hoping for. I was hoping you found a more elegant, effective solution against reflect packs then what I do.

Actually i think it's a very good and effective solution against reflect, I lose absolutely no time to put EP on reflect, if you watch my game play, it would have looked like there is no reflect at all. No other skills needed, no special gear needed too, all you need is to learn the timing and follow some tips which I will be explaining in my upcoming video.
    ^Yeah I get all that, I do the same thing. But, there are times when you get knocked back, feared, frozen, etc., and you miss the window to ep when reflect is down. It's not a fail safe method.
    Quote from RasAlgethi24

^Yeah I get all that, I do the same thing. But, there are times when you get knocked back, feared, frozen, etc., and you miss the window to ep when reflect is down. It's not a fail safe method.

Yes if you get knocked back and CC all that, at least for me, I will not be able to 100% sure kill them under 5 seconds, so reflect may be back on before I can kill them, but in the very last moment, because I use blind so all the time I can make sure nothing can happen during my blind so that if I really want them to explode, they would.
    Fun build to play around with!
    Curious if you've tried dropping Blinding Light for Deadly Reach with Foresight rune? You get 18% damage from the rune and another 8% because you have a third spirit generator. As long as the foresight buff is up you don't have to keep using Deadly Reach to proc the extra 8%, but one DR to extend the buff back to the full duration is never bad.

You trade the stun and 30% damage on burst, but you gain 26% damage that's consistent, as well as freeing up one of your passives. I was using that with Wave of Light instead of Exploding Palm.
    ^I've tried that. But ultimately blind's utility is very nice for this build.

That and Blind scales with your attack speed so its not 30% buff, its a 30% X your aps buff.
    Saw this on the official forum http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/8715042349

Invis got hacked and had all his gear stolen :(
    His last stream is here http://www.twitch.tv/invisuk/c/3263214 in which he explains exactly what happened and why he has now chosen to quit d3 :(
    Quote from GingerAnger

Saw this on the official forum http://eu.battle.net...opic/8715042349

Invis got hacked and had all his gear stolen :(
    His last stream is here http://www.twitch.tv/invisuk/c/3263214 in which he explains exactly what happened and why he has now chosen to quit d3 :(

Same here, just saw it! The end was very sad :QQ:

Part of this community is a ******** disgrace! Hackers, botters, duppers, scammers...SMH
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes