Pimp my monk!

Hey guys,

I've been searching for a while for a forum, and this seems to be a place where people know what they're talking about, so I thought about maybe getting some help for my monk.

I'm not that good with all the theory that comes with D3 (gear theory that is) and I could really use some pointers.

Armory: http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/stawlsajmon-2884/hero/977160

I know the gear's not very top notch, just wonder how you would change stuff around etc on this monk.

I got a kinda limited budget but I'm trying to get there, I found some nice Fire Walkers yesterday (atleast i think they're nice) so that may bump my economy up a bit.

Any help is really appriciated.
    1) Much better gems !
    2) Better Amulet
    3) Better Shoulders
    4) Better Nat Ring
    5) EF with Crit and/or Socket, faster?, lower fear
    6) WKL with Socket/Crit
    7) Better Helmet
    Quote from huertgenwald

1) Much better gems !
    2) Better Amulet
    3) Better Shoulders
    4) Better Nat Ring
    5) EF with Crit and/or Socket, faster?, lower fear
    6) WKL with Socket/Crit
    7) Better Helmet

Sorry if it's a dumb question, but are the gems the thing you would change first? Or in what priority would you change?
    Limited budget can make things difficult however you will need to work on that HP just a little.

1) Continue crafting Dex Shoulders hoping to get your "Resistance" up, or else you may want to resort back to a temporary Vile Ward with dual resistance.

2) Double Vitality Inna's Pants (whenever possible) >>> 150+ vit

3) Upgrade your gems to Star Emeralds

Work on these 3 things first. Let us know how it goes.

I would say work on those two first.
    Foundation (Start-to-Mid tier) Gearchecker; [US] unless stated
    1) CMWIZ PL91, [EU]PL62 Crit NatsHelm; 2) 0-CD Dogs since MID-FEB 2013 PL44;
    3) "Stunball Barrage" (Tball+F@W) Vengeance DH PL43 (1slot for H.Globe + PUR slot);
    4) Lazy-Dbl-LS Monk PL48
    5) Fundamental Barb (least played)
    Note: Vile Ward may want to be like 196dex / 75 vit / 40+ Focus Res (your Arcane) ... and so on

After that (reason is that both your weapons are holding +Vitality), you need to work on some form of "life return", you're already at 80k DPS, so you may want to look into Lifesteal, at least 2.5%+
    3) "Stunball Barrage" (Tball+F@W) Vengeance DH PL43 (1slot for H.Globe + PUR slot);
    4) Lazy-Dbl-LS Monk PL48
    If you want further explanation:

Of course, your current focus resistance is everywhere but I found your Arcane Res (30 on gloves, 30 on pants, 39 on Amulet) to be more than the rest (you have some poison, some lightning, some cold).. these are probably limited by your budget initially.

So you should decide what you want to match your "One with Everything" or let crafted Dex Shoulders decide, if your RNG takes you on the dual resistance journey.

Should you ever find it difficult for your Vitality Inna's Pants, go down to 90 to 92 Dex and to prioritize first for base +Vitality because both your weapons have vitality and that you can always let your current gems shift up in tier (my #3 suggestion - upgrading gems to Star Emeralds) for fixing that loss of 8 dex (100dex/30arcane inna's pants), as well as some of the dex lost from your current crafted Dex Shoulders (240dex).

Reference: Your current EF has +167 vit and your current WKL has +106 vit...

Even my suggested Vile Ward and Double-Vitality Inna's Pants can't break-even. However it at least will help "unlock" you for further progress.

I hope I helped.

Sincerely,
    Lotware
    4) Lazy-Dbl-LS Monk PL48
    http://eu.battle.net...opic/7739744707

All you need to know about monk gearing. Have fun! :)

Quick tips. You are a OWE monk, but your resistance on gear is totally messed up. ALl over the place, pick one and stick with it. Then learn to put dual/single res in the right slots. For instance, dual res on boots (because u can't get more than 100vit, and 50+ single res is a lot better EHP. In return in the future you want high vit pants, because a cap of 200 vit is a lot better than max 80 all res or 60 single res.

You are dual wielding monk, so AVG dmg is king. Get a high avg dmg nat ring and unity.
    You are SERIOUSLY lacking life. you need as much vit on your chest as you can afford and craft some decent bracers with 4.5+ cc, 60+ vit 50+ single res (preferebly dual res).

You are also running ZERO LIFE STEAL (lol). How do you plan on surviving? Healthglobes? Time to change weapons to dual life steal. Basically your EHP stats are in wrong slots, too little of it, and you got no sustainability via life steal. You got a lot of work ahead of you. Read through Jovi's gear guide and you will learn a lot hopefully.
    Quote from Stawlsajmon

Sorry if it's a dumb question, but are the gems the thing you would change first? Or in what priority would you change?

The order in my previous posting suggests my personal prefences, yes.
    And upping gems is the quickest and easiest fix, i think.
    Thanks for all the replies guys, it's really helpful. Appriciate it.

About lifesteal weapons, problem is decent ones are more expensive then a very nice hooker (and I can't afford neither of them).
    I would not waste gold on gems. Especially if your gem cost start to surpass gear cost. You can get a lot more stats from investing in proper gear. Then upgrade gems when you can afford.

btw, wtf is a "hooker"?
    Quote from ParadokS

btw, wtf is a "hooker"?

A prostitute.
    you should try to get weapons that also have + crit damage and sockets with the best emeralds (or rubies) you can afford - even if these weapons have a lower base DPS, you will see a big jump in your DPS once you get your crit damage percentage up - 121 percent is pretty low
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes