Crafting and upgrades..

I would like to ask you guys what should i upgrade next and what should i focus on crafting (Demonic Essence gear).

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/silvach-1214/hero/6742740

I don't want to change weapons now, because upgrade of any of those would cost me some REAL gold..

thanks in advance!
    Looking at your HP @ 30.6k (with a small small vit gem in helm), I'd say HP will be one of the first things to work on.

Normally, even though it's not very good for DPS, double Vitality Inna's Pants to start out when leveling Paragon levels.

1) Vitality Inna's Pants >>> 162+ vit / 96+ dex / 9% Attack Speed Bonus

If you do not wish to do that, then you would change your chest to a really high Vitality one.
    2) Vitality Inna's Chest >>.> 188+ vit / 184+ dex / 11% Life or 12 / 6% Melee Dmg Reduction

or do both

At your HP, I really like Serenity Peaceful Repose if you were to use/keep Serenity. Why Peaceful Repose? Ascension is usually pre-popped, unless you're guaranteed not to get a Shielding affix pack and you must be hitting them constantly, or else you'd still be at low HP at the 5th second.

Everything you do for foundation stats is, each slot, think in a Gem Tier perspective. You have many slots where you have +vit, a gem tier method to think about is...

Let's say for example your Nat's Boots, I understand that your current gems are very mid-tier, but the final tier is a Marquise (62-stat)

So you want to make sure that each of your foundation stat for +vit for "every slot" is at least 58 to 62 vit and no less. Or else, you pretty much want to work on changing/upgrading.

This way, you will know how to advance and have "bare minimum stats" to boost your survivability, as well as feeling like your pieces are worthwhile.

So why did I say 184 up above? 100 (first max roll) + 2 * 42-stat gems.... just an example number, you can always go for more.

So, for your Nat's Boots (currently @ 180dex/37int/42vit/71AR/5% mDR), you can upgrade it to:

3) 196+ dex / 62+ vit / 76+ AR / 6% Melee Damage Reduction

or you can go 224+ dex

So why 196 or why 224? 100 + 2 * 46-stat + 4 = 196 or 224 = 100 + 100 + each gem goes up by 4's so i just do an estimated increase.

Once you use some of these methods, you'll know how to budget for per-stat purchasing :)
    Foundation (Start-to-Mid tier) Gearchecker; [US] unless stated
    1) CMWIZ PL91, [EU]PL62 Crit NatsHelm; 2) 0-CD Dogs since MID-FEB 2013 PL44;
    3) "Stunball Barrage" (Tball+F@W) Vengeance DH PL43 (1slot for H.Globe + PUR slot);
    4) Lazy-Dbl-LS Monk PL48
    5) Fundamental Barb (least played)
    As for crafting, Dex Shoulders and Dex Bracers, why not :) The only tricky part is that it may determine your Focus Resist. So on my first response, I decided to leave out crafting because your HP needs work before crafting, or else your resistance "may" be affected, although Cold Resist has had many good reviews from crafting.
    3) "Stunball Barrage" (Tball+F@W) Vengeance DH PL43 (1slot for H.Globe + PUR slot);
    4) Lazy-Dbl-LS Monk PL48
    Thank you so much mate,

i did upgrade my pants, now im going to earn some gold and exchange some of the Emeralds for better one and craft some bracers meanwhile :)
    You want high dual res on boots obviously. as equal ammount of all res always outperfom vit. So basically move the res from chest to boots, so you can boost chest with 150 more vit. And as high vit on pants as you can afford. Gems are fine as well.
    Your goal is to drop serenity, and you need to sort out your ehp to do that. Single life steal under 200k dps unbuffed and slow attack speed you are way too squishy imo.

short 300 vit. You got 0 resist on bracers, which is a slot you normally want high dual res. You don't need the movement speed there anyway and lacuni that outperform crafted are silly expensive. You can easy get DPS upgrade and EHP in bracers.

Getting dual res there allow you to remove res from rare ring and move to an attack speed unity. Should be nice DPS uppgrade and survivability from LoH. Not to forget 3-4% dps increase vs elite which is quite substantial.

Usually I don't recommend singe life steal before you are at least around 200k dps unbuffed WKL or higher with swords. You are 25k dps short of that AND you got way too low vit. I like res to be around 600+ so I guess you are close to that. It's just in wrong slots atm..

Also you have only 5% reduced from melee on both chest and boots, when you upgrade boots to dual res and chest to high vit, make sure both are 6%. 2% extra pure damage reduction is quite a lot.
    Dex Focus Res Nat's Boots is situational, and usually really good starting out or when your other pieces of gear is very "OWE-based", when I say that, I mean like you're pushing your limit based on the use of Focus Resist only and hardly enough All Resist aside from probably Shoulders and maybe bare minimal on Bracers. Then all your other slots that (a person has) is left with having 40-54 Focus Res, then they become short, hence Focus Res Nat's Boots is far better in that case.

Otherwise, Dex-Vit is just as good because you can further push your Dex, and having that +vit, works better with those who use VIt Gem in Helm. And Also that extra +vit enables them to hunt down higher base +Dex pieces on each slot, or that when crafting Bracers, the RNG may not enable you to have more than 80 vit, then your boots can cover it, so +vit on boots is at a later game or that when you have covered the resistance issue.

At some point, Stats is better than the resistance, offensiveness and bigger pool just aids your Life % (for those that usually give instant advice with "Vit Gem in Helm"), which Focus Nat's Boots can't give. It is all situational and gear-based on each different profile.
    4) Lazy-Dbl-LS Monk PL48
    I upgraded some pieces, bracers still need double ress but for now its best i could craft.
    Quote from Silvach

I upgraded some pieces, bracers still need double ress but for now its best i could craft.

Yeah for some people, bracers are crazy easy, for some people it's crazy hard, it took me a while to get what I could really use too :)
    Crafting initially I disliked, 'coz it messes with my resists, especially shoulders at the time, i also used dual res and really high, how can i afford to be messed with, and i got like:

275dex, 193vit, 40 phys res, +Armor 6% life, i was so mad lol that it wasn't AR, 'coz at the time i was already non-OWE, then i had to fall back to OWE.

Then i tried crafting some bracers and i got lucky that it came with like 59 phys res and crit hit chance and stuff reasonable with low +vit and medium dex, so i used both in sync, but i still lost like 70+ resist, but i was like oh well.
    4) Lazy-Dbl-LS Monk PL48
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes