Rate the Monk above you

hello
    i'd like to get some feedback on my new monk :)
    there main concern must be economical, upgrades must be cheap. no more than a few millions a piece

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/tuco-2218/hero/17006532
    I rated http://eu.battle.net...8/hero/17006532, I woudl say overall your gear need some work. I would start with your gloves,belt and bracers. You can generally find some upgrades to those 2 types of items for relatively cheap compared to what you have. After those 3 things I would go for a new set of vile wards and look at snagging a hellfire ring.

My profile to rate/advice on what item to upgarde next, no price limit
    http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Negativity-1224/hero/5016891
    Good idea to specify, which hero you are actually rating, could prevent some confusion.

Rating for Negativity's monk:
    You have a ton of resistances. From my experience, 600-ish is enough for up to about mp7-8. So unless you are doing this for a specific reason, you can drop some resistances for more damage easily, for example on amulet and gloves to get some attackspeed on them. One additional movespeed item would be great, probably Nats combo (ring+boots), but you would need exceptional ones to beat your current setup, at least a nats ring with crit and nats boots with poison resist or ~300 dex, both of which would be expensive. Crit lacunis would be an alternative, but they cost a fortune as well. But hey, you said no price limit :)
    Another option would be to drop OwE for FoF, you have very high allres and relatively low poison res anyways, you could replace some pr items, for example add a high dex vile ward without dual res or the mentioned high dex Nats boots. Also, upgrading some gems would be an easy way to squeeze out a little more dps.
    Your weapons are nice, but at some point you might want to consider life steal over LoH. For your 120k dps, it would probably work better.
    Other than that, not too shabby :P

As for the build: I assume the mantra of healing is temporary or something? The 200-ish LoH is not worth the skill slot, just like the regeneration. I will just assume, you are using Overawe usually.

If you play in a party with a 2nd monk and want to provide mantra support besides OwE, either use Evasion: Hard Target for defensive support, Retribution: Transgression for attackspeed or Healing: Time of Need in addition to the Guiding Light passive (you could drop Resolve if the other monk has it; the 16% damage boost for you and your ally gets applied every time you refresh Mantra of Healing) for some additional damage and resistances.

----

Free round, not in need of a rating currently.
    I've been away from the game for a while now and haven't kept up with the patches. Looking to upgrade my monk, but don't know where to start.

http://us.battle.net...990/hero/136025
    Since you have so much to pgrade, hit me up in game and Ill help you as there is just so much to go through. Will even provide you with some upgrades as I have a bunch of excess items
    Replying to: http://us.battle.net...990/hero/136025

First of all, considering you have a good amount of Life On Hit, try switching your build to something more offensive with Mantra of Conviction w/ Overawe and equip a second one-hander instead of a shield. Sweeping Wind with Bladestorm is still good though as you don't have a lot of Crit. % yet. See how far you can survive with such a setup. Your DPS is still really low though, so I wouldn't expect you to be able to run on a very high Monster Power level.

Your gear is lacking, but you seem to have pieces with the right stats at the right place: Crit. % + Socket on head, Crit. % on bracers, DPS stats on gloves, etc. Also, at your DPS, Life On Hit is much better than Life Steal, so stick with your main-hand and amulet for now.

You have a s***ton of health at the moment, so I'd go with replacing your chest and legs with at least average Inna's. Base amount of Lightning Resist, or All Resist if you find a decently priced piece would be a good start. The 2-set bonus is very nice and worth it IMO.

Also try getting a second one-hander with a socket and a decent amount of + Crit. Dmg. The socket will allow you to stick either a Life On Hit or a Crit. Dmg. gem in, depending on what you need and should get you far for a relatively low amount of money. Try to aim for 850+ base DPS and 50-ish + Crit. Dmg.

Both your rings are not very good and could be easily replaced with much better pieces for a low amount. Basically, anything with only 2 of either Attack Speed, Crit. % or +Crit. Dmg. are quite affordable. Rings with all 3 will cost a lot of gold, but with only 2 are almost being given away.

Like I said earlier, your gear has (mostly) the good stats on the right pieces, so just go upgrading them with (almost) similar pieces with better stats on them as you go along. But to start off, I'd go with a good/decent off-hand one-hander and 2 Inna's.

Edit: Try to priorize Crit. % over Crit. Dmg. for now when possible so you can switch to Sweeping Wind w/Cyclone ASAP.
    @ Brown. I would suggest a Mempo Of Twilight with crit if possible ( if u rich or lucky :P ) . a witching hour, high dex . try to make a amulet with IAS and CD ontop of urs. and work on gettin some higher dps weapons..

Ok so here is mine. http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/biohazmatt-1683/hero/15036538

Any feedback would be great :)
    You can definitely get better shoulders. Either Vile Wards or crafting could easily net you an upgrade, I suggest the latter. Your weapons lack a little critdamage, but well, the ones you have with additional critdmg will cost you a fortune. Just like Mempo with crit ;)

Also, if you use blind to pose with your dps, do it right
    http://eu.battle.net...623/hero/283430 :P

No need for a rating for that gear and build, its just for posing :)
    Thanx a tonne Kuken, yeah forgot to swap a weapon, and no frenzy shrine. or combination strike :P
    Quote from Küken

You can definitely get better shoulders. Either Vile Wards or crafting could easily net you an upgrade, I suggest the latter. Your weapons lack a little critdamage, but well, the ones you have with additional critdmg will cost you a fortune. Just like Mempo with crit ;)

Also, if you use blind to pose with your dps, do it right
    http://eu.battle.net...623/hero/283430 :P

No need for a rating for that gear and build, its just for posing :)

Change your OH asap, can probably roll a better hellfire ring or get a unity :) Try crafting some bracers too will help quite alot, easy to get a good roll on those! If you can get the cash scrap that inna's belt and get a decent witching hour :) All in all pretty good tho!

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Antinaxtos-2884/hero/14090101

That's my baby over there ;)
    Heh, not sure, what to upgrade next for your baby. Your Nats ring lacks crit, but has good average damage, so getting one with crit but without avg dmg would only marginally increase your dps, and both together cost a fortune. You have a lot of life, could probably trade some of it for damage. Maybe an offhand with additional critdmg instead of vitality? Also, you have 2 items with pickup radius, could probably replace one of them, for example inna chest with more vitality (in case you switch out your offhand and find yourself short in the life department) or all/poison resist if you lack those.

---

I found a decent mempo with crit yesterday, and just now crafted some nice shoulders with globe heal and pickup radius, which allowed me to change some things around. Bought a so-so witching hour to try it out, it was very cheap. I miss the inna 4 part bonus and I am kind of low on armor currently, but got past 170k unbuffed, and the attackspeed from mempo + witching hour is very nice :)

The hellfire ring is the best I could get from at least 100 crafts :/ However with high avg dmg, 6% critchance and a little loh its not that bad imo. Upgrading that won't be that cheap, and for now I like the juicy +exp :)

I have a hard time finding better weapons for a reasonable price. Using a calculator tells me, that it doesn't really make sense to sacrifice one of the desired stats (socket, critdmg and dex) for higher base dps. I could upgrade my offhand to something like 950 dps with like 20% less critdmg and without dex (and lifesteal ofc), which would cost me like 50 million and hardly increase my dps at all (for this example about 2k). And the same weapon with dex and 90 critdmg is like 1 billion suddenly :)

*click*
    Quote from Küken

Heh, not sure, what to upgrade next for your baby. Your Nats ring lacks crit, but has good average damage, so getting one with crit but without avg dmg would only marginally increase your dps, and both together cost a fortune. You have a lot of life, could probably trade some of it for damage. Maybe an offhand with additional critdmg instead of vitality? Also, you have 2 items with pickup radius, could probably replace one of them, for example inna chest with more vitality (in case you switch out your offhand and find yourself short in the life department) or all/poison resist if you lack those.

---

I found a decent mempo with crit yesterday, and just now crafted some nice shoulders with globe heal and pickup radius, which allowed me to change some things around. Bought a so-so witching hour to try it out, it was very cheap. I miss the inna 4 part bonus and I am kind of low on armor currently, but got past 170k unbuffed, and the attackspeed from mempo + witching hour is very nice :)

The hellfire ring is the best I could get from at least 100 crafts :/ However with high avg dmg, 6% critchance and a little loh its not that bad imo. Upgrading that won't be that cheap, and for now I like the juicy +exp :)

I have a hard time finding better weapons for a reasonable price. Using a calculator tells me, that it doesn't really make sense to sacrifice one of the desired stats (socket, critdmg and dex) for higher base dps. I could upgrade my offhand to something like 950 dps with like 20% less critdmg and without dex (and lifesteal ofc), which would cost me like 50 million and hardly increase my dps at all (for this example about 2k). And the same weapon with dex and 90 critdmg is like 1 billion suddenly :)

*click*

Since you mentioned upgrading weapons is very expensive, I'd look into crafting the new bracers.Since your health is a little low, I would try to get inna's pants and a witching hour with vitality instead of fire res.

Rest of the gear is gonna be really expensive to upgrade, like I said, start with crafting the new bracers and after that try saving for a new offhand, 760 dps is really low.

Be happy with that hellfire ring, it's one of the better ones I've seen and maybe one I'd actually consider using if I had it myself.

Me:

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/faesroll-2693/hero/4866323

Crafted the shoulders and gloves, while not perfect they're the best I've gotten out of 100 crafts together or so. I have a trifecta neck which I can't use due to the attack speed. Gonna continue crafting shoulders until I get one similar with some life% / vitality.

Don't really have a lot of money(53k ATM) cause of the crafting and the fact I haven't had a decent drop in almost 20 paragon levels.
    Quote from Faesrollvtwo

Quote from Küken

---

*click*

Since you mentioned upgrading weapons is very expensive, I'd look into crafting the new bracers.Since your health is a little low, I would try to get inna's pants and a witching hour with vitality instead of fire res.

Rest of the gear is gonna be really expensive to upgrade, like I said, start with crafting the new bracers and after that try saving for a new offhand, 760 dps is really low.

Be happy with that hellfire ring, it's one of the better ones I've seen and maybe one I'd actually consider using if I had it myself.

Me:

http://eu.battle.net...93/hero/4866323

Crafted the shoulders and gloves, while not perfect they're the best I've gotten out of 100 crafts together or so. I have a trifecta neck which I can't use due to the attack speed. Gonna continue crafting shoulders until I get one similar with some life% / vitality.

Don't really have a lot of money(53k ATM) cause of the crafting and the fact I haven't had a decent drop in almost 20 paragon levels.

Am not really an expert in TR builds (tried it once, didn't like it). Only thing I can say, keep crafting, it will roll decently sooner or later!

Here's mine:

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Sallazar-2606/hero/8114944

I'm working on fixing my low resists and low HP. I'm a bit clueless what to upgrade next. Thinking of getting LoH or Lifesteal weapon with a socket (sitting at 49% crit, getting another 100% chd would boost my DPS by quite a margin).

What do you think?
    "The first three were dead before they hit the ground. The others weren't so lucky."
    @ Sallazar. I think a Nat's ring with 4+ crit would help with the dps. Like you said try to get another weapon with a socket/crit/ls. Not sure of your budget but if you can get a Mempo with crit that helps a bit.

Here's me eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Mesar-1157/hero/2365590
    Quote from Mesar

@ Sallazar. I think a Nat's ring with 4+ crit would help with the dps. Like you said try to get another weapon with a socket/crit/ls. Not sure of your budget but if you can get a Mempo with crit that helps a bit.

Here's me eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Mesar-1157/hero/2365590

No offense amigo but youre looking rather squishy to me. Sure, you're putting out 310K DPS but with 307K EHP, youre a fallen maniacs dream. I dont see any balance in that gear, its 100% offense. I guess if it works for you then that all that matters. It would be a nightmare trying to re-balance at this point.

Heres mine for whomever is next: http://d3up.com/b/15...lug/batuo-ubers
    Recently swapped from Tempest/Skorn to a 2 hand build, but I'm having problems even on MP6, could someone check me out and advice what to do?
    I have about 50m to buy upgrades still, and willing to use every penny to get this working, I was really getting tired of Tempest..
    Here is a link to my monk, thanks in advance
    http://eu.battle.net...2/hero/23861430

Thanks in advance
    This is where I would put my signature..
    Quote from Lunity

Recently swapped from Tempest/Skorn to a 2 hand build, but I'm having problems even on MP6, could someone check me out and advice what to do?
    I have about 50m to buy upgrades still, and willing to use every penny to get this working, I was really getting tired of Tempest..

Thanks in advance

You appear to be missing a belt. Is that an armory issue or do you not have one equipped? That said, it looks like your resistances are all over the place. I see fire, Cold, and Physical. I'd stick to one since you are using OWE. I'd try and get a Vile Ward or craft some cold/all-res shoulders and then get or craft a duel or single res pair of bracers. That should provide some survivability for MP6.

As for your spec, I prefer Dashing Strike when duel wielding on higher MPs. It's ability to break jailer and get bounce around a champion pack are very helpful. More so when you do not use Serenity.

My Monk: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Rathgood-1666/hero/3207488 Currently trying to decide if I should work on replacing my Fire Res gear with All-res so I can drop OWE or to drop a mint on glove crafting to try and replace mine.
    Quote from rathgood

Quote from Lunity

Thanks in advance

You appear to be missing a belt. Is that an armory issue or do you not have one equipped? That said, it looks like your resistances are all over the place. I see fire, Cold, and Physical. I'd stick to one since you are using OWE. I'd try and get a Vile Ward or craft some cold/all-res shoulders and then get or craft a duel or single res pair of bracers. That should provide some survivability for MP6.

As for your spec, I prefer Dashing Strike when duel wielding on higher MPs. It's ability to break jailer and get bounce around a champion pack are very helpful. More so when you do not use Serenity.

My Monk: http://us.battle.net...7488��Currently trying to decide if I should work on replacing my Fire Res gear with All-res so I can drop OWE or to drop a mint on glove crafting to try and replace mine.

Must be an armory issue with my belt, cause I am wearing one..
    I know my resist is a bit spread, but I have around 500 all res with OWE anyway (Aiming for 700 for MP10).

Will try Dashing, but I'm pretty sure it will not take me to MP7-10, so I still need something, just not sure what :(
    This is where I would put my signature..
    Quote from rathgood

My Monk: http://us.battle.net...7488��Currently trying to decide if I should work on replacing my Fire Res gear with All-res so I can drop OWE or to drop a mint on glove crafting to try and replace mine.

I do not play a 2-hander but from pure DPS perspective I would say switch Wailing host with something better. If you insist not to use Natalya combo theres plenty rare rings with at least one another +DPS stat (CD would be my bet since youre below 400%). Also your shoulders have huge potential to get an upgrades - craft, craft. It shouldnt be that hard to get a very decent ones with around 300 dex. Its another 10K DPS boost.
    From OWE perspective prepare to spend billions to get rid of it. I'm trying for some time and still far from this goal :).

On the side note - dashing strike is a small overkill since it doesn't provide any real DPS nor survi boost. And Thunderclap dash allows to get out of desecration/plague in most of occassions.

Anyway my monk

http://eu.battle.net...20/hero/1239841 - Cyclone strike is for party plays. I'm mostly playing with Exploding Palm.

Getting close to a sweet DPS spot allowing for effective MP10 farm. Still working on around 100 ress/20k DPS to reach it.

Any input?
    Quote from Hipopotamo

Quote from rathgood

I do not play a 2-hander but from pure DPS perspective I would say switch Wailing host with something better. If you insist not to use Natalya combo theres plenty rare rings with at least one another +DPS stat (CD would be my bet since youre below 400%). Also your shoulders have huge potential to get an upgrades - craft, craft. It shouldnt be that hard to get a very decent ones with around 300 dex. Its another 10K DPS boost.
    From OWE perspective prepare to spend billions to get rid of it. I'm trying for some time and still far from this goal :).

On the side note - dashing strike is a small overkill since it doesn't provide any real DPS nor survi boost. And Thunderclap dash allows to get out of desecration/plague in most of occassions.

Anyway my monk

http://eu.battle.net...20/hero/1239841 - Cyclone strike is for party plays. I'm mostly playing with Exploding Palm.

Getting close to a sweet DPS spot allowing for effective MP10 farm. Still working on around 100 ress/20k DPS to reach it.

Any input?

Hi there. Nice monk. I would "rate it" a 7 out of 10. I'll explain :)

1. Your main hand could use a dex roll. This will help both your eHP and DPS.

2. Attack speed on gloves is also a must if you ask me. You can afford losing some dex there and get some att speed.

3. I see you're at 400+ AR already. Why not get rid of One With Everything? I did that swap a few weeks back, and I've been able to make do with only 1 LS weapon and I could increase my dps a lot because of this (using Resolve or Near Death Experience instead). But remember that if you do: the extra lightning skill dmg from WKL will not give you life back via Life Steal. Having a WKL may cause you to need 2x LS weapons even with my bulid suggestions.

You've got a very nice monk and I wish you good luck improving!

---

To those looking at my monk: I would like some input on what to craft next. I'm on my 600+ amulet as I think it is the next best upgrade (can get some eHP from it), but I would love some outsider input. Thanks.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes