Rate the Monk above you

Thanks Swen. Though I wonder if getting the Nat's set is worth losing all the dex from the boots.Not to mention the price of a decent Nat ring.

Thanks Swen. Though I wonder if getting the Nat's set is worth losing all the dex from the boots.Not to mention the price of a decent Nat ring.

Nat ring is only worth getting if it has high crit chance (and the boots for the set bonus ofc). If you get a nat ring with no crit, it's a waste of money. It'll be better to get Ice Climbers and rare trifecta ring with 6% crit.
    yeah I'd also appreciate some feedback after I took the time to dish some out...

My monk

@SolusCoda. I think you may have looked at the wrong tag.I do have a two piece Inna's and a serviceable amulet.Thanks for the reply though.

I was definitely looking at a different Mesar. Ignore everything I said. lol

yeah I'd also appreciate some feedback after I took the time to dish some out...

My monk

wow 109 fire resist on that chest. never seen a resist that high. nice monk, well balanced too. I would say your life is low but that is with an experience gem in the helm, even with that i am guessing your high resist armor and LS make you regen quite nicely anyways. I just looked on the AH (US, i know you are EU) you could get the same chest with a 3rd socket for dirt cheap (under 3m). Sorry about the only advice i can offer without getting into ridiculous gold amounts.

my monk, feedback welcome:
    http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/NotGood-1636/hero/21035513
    waiting on better prices to upgrade a few gems.

My monk

wow 109 fire resist on that chest. never seen a resist that high. nice monk, well balanced too. I would say your life is low but that is with an experience gem in the helm, even with that i am guessing your high resist armor and LS make you regen quite nicely anyways. I just looked on the AH (US, i know you are EU) you could get the same chest with a 3rd socket for dirt cheap (under 3m). Sorry about the only advice i can offer without getting into ridiculous gold amounts.

my monk, feedback welcome:
    http://us.battle.net...6/hero/21035513
    waiting on better prices to upgrade a few gems.

Try picking up an amulet with average damage, dex and cc/cd, rest of your gear will be small upgrades which will cost you tons. If you decide to get resist on your helm maybe look for one with more of it, 17 resist is kind of a wasted affix.

Me:

http://www.diabloprogress.com/hero/faesroll-2693/Faes/4866323

Me:

http://www.diablopro...93/Faes/4866323

I'm still new to the Monk(ey) business but it seems you have nice gear. I'm curious about your choice of a MF gem in your helmet though. Is that for your MF runs or do you have it also for XP-farming? I'd recommend a ruby tbh.

My monk dinged 60 2 days ago and I've spend about 5-7 mil or so on the gear (taken some from my DH as well). I tried MP5 yesterday and I stayed alive while fighting chaining, plagued mo-fo's but they went down slowly.
    http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Niddro-2690/hero/14708042

My monk

Ahh it was you that added me...fellow South African!

Anyway picked up a new Shenlong fist weapon the other day, a nice one I'll say albeit just a bit of an upgrade. I had to switch my other weapon (which would make it almost 80k dps), cause I died easily on higher MP. With my current weapon it makes it 2.6% LL and 1400 LoH which is really nice on high MP.

My monk dinged 60 2 days ago and I've spend about 5-7 mil or so on the gear (taken some from my DH as well). I tried MP5 yesterday and I stayed alive while fighting chaining, plagued mo-fo's but they went down slowly.
    http://eu.battle.net...0/hero/14708042

Bumping myself, anyone wanna gimme some pointers?
    @monkaboveme

Your amulet is pure BS, get one with av damage, crit chance and crit damage.
    On your rings and gloves go for crit chance and attack speed. Very mondane advice
    I know but never the less true.

Myself, I feel rather stuck when it comes to upgrades which doesn't
    set me back loads and loads of gold. Is there a slot where I can find
    a reasonably priced upgrade without messing my beloved monk up?

Would appreciate some advice.

I play on the eu server and my battletag is Svettbrallan#2278

"Real pain for your sham friends and champagne for your real friends"

Francis Bacon
    armory in sig
    eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/sponikk-2421/hero/2000824

rate me please, i dont have a big budget atm so recommend the biggest "bang for your buck" upgrades please
    @sponikk i dont know its this your standar setup or only for farming low MP

Well i recomended buy innas helm, it have high crit always and its not expensive or andariel helm for IAS/crit but sometime is problem find decent cheap with low fire debuf and lacuni bracers with crit and IAS, with 2h slow wepon you need lots of IAS to get decent spirit regen. Mebe try find decent nat ring for set bonus and ias or rare ring with high crit and IAS insted stone of jordan.
    And you rly need get some LoH/ LS if you want survive at higher MP. Well decent 2h with LS are crazy expensive ( its why swpa back from 2H to DW...)

BTW: for all look at title of this topick, read it once, red it twice, try ue brain if you have if have some, red it thrice and mebe you will be understand what to do...... i rly dont understand why ppls on bnett know wht to do but not here .....

Sry for my EN but its not my born language
    Rate me pls :) Also need some tips to improve my dps ... don't look at Mantra, I'm doing some tests :D Use my battle tag on the left ^^
    "Rate the monk above you" never knew this could be such a difficult concept.

"Rate the monk above you" never knew this could be such a difficult concept.

As always there are people who really do not understand how the topic is supposed to be conducted, like the people that post on "rate the song above you" threads and don't even post a song. Or just post a song and then don't rate the one above them. But here I'm pretty sure most people are just being egotistical and not wanting to be bothered to help others but rather just post their stuff (sometimes over and over again, without rating anyone, ever) hoping that some poor dumb bastard is nice enough to tell them how to gear up.

It's not even hard. Takes literally 10 or something seconds to check an armory and then post. You can just write 8/10 or whatever and be done with it, anything would be better than posting nothing at all and then going "hey guys :)))) can you help with my monk I need upgrade 30million budget what u guys think of it? ^^ hehe, pls I am new monk" I mean please. I shouldn't even care but it's just so irksome how selfish people can be with something as easy as just giving your opinion on someone's character.
    @ Lou_bot - Maybe get some crit on the neck or some sockets on the weapons.

Can't post URLs yet... Bnet ID Opposition#1910. Monk name is Brucelee <3

I have probly 30m to work with, not sure where to go from here

Can't post URLs yet... Bnet ID Opposition#1910. Monk name is Brucelee <3

I have probly 30m to work with, not sure where to go from here

Nice helm.

I think the most efficient way to improve your character is going to be through your jewelry. You can find rings better than that skull grasp with more crit, and that will drastically improve your damage. I'd also look into a better amulet with either more LoH or more crit.

I'd also suggest getting better gems in your weapons.
    I assume you are running a perma-bash built vs uber bosses currently? Cannot really comment on that, never tried.
    Other than that, looks pretty solid to me. A little low on health maybe, and I assume you swapped some gear for more attackspeed and LoH, right?

----

http://eu.battle.net...623/hero/283430

Ignore the MF gem, I use different gear when farming xp.

I assume you are running a perma-bash built vs uber bosses currently? Cannot really comment on that, never tried.
    Other than that, looks pretty solid to me. A little low on health maybe, and I assume you swapped some gear for more attackspeed and LoH, right?

----

http://eu.battle.net...623/hero/283430

Ignore the MF gem, I use different gear when farming xp.

You can definitely get better shoulders + weaps. Other than that, looking good.

---

Here's my profile. http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/arcadefire-1999/hero/1665569

Any tips on getting 175k+ dps?
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes