Rate the Monk above you

Geez dude, 5 set pieces. I haven't found one Monk set piece thus far with either of my 5 chars at at least paragon 5...or did you buy some of them? I got a couple for my other chars, but none for ma Monk -_-

Anyway can't really give advice since your char is better than mine and I'm not that knowledgeable :P But what Hoppi said about Resolve, also don't see you needing that. But since you have Mantra of Evasion, why not switch Resolve for The Guardian's Path (in your case grants you 15% to dodge incoming attacks); your dodge will be really high.

Anyway here's mine: http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/KilltroX-2667/hero/4359254

My pants aren't updated yet, but it's basically the same but with res all + poison res (mines almost 600 with the pants). Also my crit dmg is also almost 400% (from my link it's calculated as 348%, but I remember it being very close to 400%).
    Quote from KilltroX

anyway here's mine:

My pants aren't updated yet, but it's basically the same but with res all + poison res (mines almost 600 with the pants). Also my crit dmg is also almost 400% (from my link it's calculated as 348%, but I remember it being very close to 400%).

Your pants and shoulders are a little low on dex, you can probably get 120+ on both of those for a reasonable price.

You also don't have any movement speed, which really makes a difference in the 50k+ dps range. You should get at least some +movement speed boots, and maybe a second movement speed item if you can afford it.

Your LoH is decent, but you should start thinking of switching to lifesteal. Once you upgrade your weapons, you might want to get a higher DPS main hand, and keep one of your current weapons for offhand.

Lastly, set items do make a difference. You can get an Inna's belt for a reasonable price. Then, once you can start replacing either your pants or chestplate, and maybe even helmet.

Here's mine : eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/KoenBrormann-2615/hero/317519
    Quote from Monogonad

Your LoH is decent, but you should start thinking of switching to lifesteal. Once you upgrade your weapons, you might want to get a higher DPS main hand, and keep one of your current weapons for offhand.

Here's mine : eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/KoenBrormann-2615/hero/317519

So if I understand correctly, should my main hand have the lifesteal AND high dps? And how exactly does the main- off-hand thing work. Thanks.
    What do you think of my gear? the link to my gear is on my page, can't post URL's yet :/
    Quote from nigolje

What do you think of my gear? the link to my gear is on my page, can't post URL's yet :/

1. i dont like the 2hand style but thats ofcourse up to you
    2. you should defintifly get a second piece of innas set for the bonus (I advise you to the pants!)
    3. your rings are missing critchance ;>
    Here is my profile. I am currently a little stuck. I dont want to switch to EF again because i hate the fear! For reflect dmg packs i switch my MH for one with LS.
    Any sugestions?
    "What medicine does not heal, the fire cures!"

immo (Monk) ~ 215k DPS / 632k EHP
    Tag is Mesar#1157.
    Quote from immor

Quote from nigolje

1. i dont like the 2hand style but thats ofcourse up to you
    2. you should defintifly get a second piece of innas set for the bonus (I advise you to the pants!)
    3. your rings are missing critchance ;>
    Here is my profile. I am currently a little stuck. I dont want to switch to EF again because i hate the fear! For reflect dmg packs i switch my MH for one with LS.
    Any sugestions?

My german is terribad, but from what I could understand:
    - change belt. Try to get a "The Witching Hour". It's simply the best for this slot.
    - get a natalya's reflection with crit dmg. It's not worth it unless you get crit on the ring. Ice Climbers + a rare ring with 6% crit is better and tons cheaper.

You said you don't like the 2hander playstyle, yet you wield a Skorn O.o I guess you changed your mind?
    Quote from Mesar

Tag is Mesar#1157.

You have quite a few pieces that are a bit lacking. Your amulet sticks out as one of the main ones that could use quite a bit more CC/CD/AS. I would also invest in some inna's legendaries for the set bonus. You can find lower quality ones fairly cheap nowadays that will improve your damage drastically.

You also should be getting items that have both all res and your chosen resistances, instead of just the chosen. Your rings should have at least 2 CC/CD/AS stats. If you can't afford that, try to find good average damage rings. They are underrated and cheaper.

but #1 priority at this point has to be that amulet.

Mine : http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/SolusCoda-1302/hero/13394076

I'm saving for a good CC nat's ring with fire resistances, which should bump up my damage by ALOT. I'd also like to invest in some inna's items with fire resistances when I get the gold.

I find it interesting that, though you have only fire resist, you are not using OWE. How's that working out for you? I seem to struggle with resistances myself. Between that and a slightly low HP, seems like survivability might be an issue.

I see your (kick a$s) Skorn is only 1 hit per second, but you have like 31% IAS. Does that balance it out for you pretty well? I was using Inna's Reach for a while, which had more DPS on paper, but went to a Shenlong's set and ultimately did much better, because I'd hit so much faster, I didn't get hit myself.

I'm interested in an updated opinion on my current build; it's changed a lot in the last week.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Lucretia-1417/hero/9463051
    Hey there fellow Monks, i've recently taken up monk, and actually come to love it so much, that i've switched from barb to monk, as my main :) (currently just using my barb for experimental things, doing some throwing and stuff atm)

I would really like some critique on what to focus on as the next upgrades, and so on.

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Laserbabz-2207/hero/10583686

That's my little baby monk in question.

Currently im in my solo mp5 keywarden farming spec,
    for mp0/1 farming i ofcourse use Fleet Footed passive, and depending on my mood i use Cyclone Strike with implosion or SSS.

For MP10 ubers i run with Exploding Palm - Flesh the Weak, instead of SSS, and my mantra i switch out for Mantra of Retribution - Transgression (theres another monk running Overawe in the group)

If someone got other suggestions to what is good or what is bad, i'dd like to hear them, aswell :)
    Quote from Lucretia1417

I find it interesting that, though you have only fire resist, you are not using OWE. How's that working out for you? I seem to struggle with resistances myself. Between that and a slightly low HP, seems like survivability might be an issue.

I see your (kick a$s) Skorn is only 1 hit per second, but you have like 31% IAS. Does that balance it out for you pretty well? I was using Inna's Reach for a while, which had more DPS on paper, but went to a Shenlong's set and ultimately did much better, because I'd hit so much faster, I didn't get hit myself.

I use OWE for higher MPs, but I am currently running an infinite tempest rush build for mp0 farming so that is why I have fire res stacked, but am not using OWE. I had a real issue with my 2her's speed until I got around 30% attack speed. That in combination with FoT gives me a respectable speed for attacking which is quite comfortable, and attack speed is even more valuable with a slow weapon, as every % gives more damage.

Admittedly I do have a survivability issue. I only have about 400 res with OWE on, so higher mps than 6 give me real trouble, which is why I need to invest in some more fire resistances on my inna's items. Luckily that is what my tank wizard is good for : )
    Finished my 4-piece Inna's and not really sure where to go from here.

us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Ragamuffin-1759/hero/8544
    @SolusCoda. I think you may have looked at the wrong tag.I do have a two piece Inna's and a serviceable amulet.Thanks for the reply though.
    @jmikem825:

Well commendable that you've gotten together a decent inna's set - although two of the four pieces don't have any resists on - so you might want to start there - get resists on EVERYthing. The one main problem with going for all Inna is that you can't get double resists - so your overall resists are going to be a lot lower than they could be. It's actually a huge oversight on the part of Blizzard there - make the best monk gear without the possibility of double resists.

Another area you can improve in is getting some LOH or LS (probably at your stage of gear LOH would be better) on your weps. Without any, your resists and dps are too low to keep you alive against anything over MP 3. Also you can try get some BIS items - like Vile Ward for shoulders - they're quite cheap now.

to be honest, the final two bonuses for the full Inna set are just not worth it - consider switching to Natalya's for the 7% crit, or the BIs belt - Witching Hour. Pushing up your crit damage will greatly improve your dps as your crit chance is decent - you might want to look at swapping your amu to get this...

Finally, you can improve your dex quite a bit - especially on your rings... and a bit more attack speed on them won't hurt.

Major things then: improve your resists by swapping out Inna's that have resists on and get some LOH.

hope this helps :)
    ----------------------------
    my monk Whistle.
    eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Mesar-1157/hero/2365590 Maybe this will help. Thanks for any suggestions. 20m budget atm.
    Quote from Mesar

eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Mesar-1157/hero/2365590 Maybe this will help. Thanks for any suggestions. 20m budget atm.

Another Lightning res monk :D Yay!

Ok, let's see. You've got a lot (1/3 :o ) of your vitality tied up in your offhand. I would try to get more hp via other items and get a better offhand. It has all the correct stats, but at 7XX dmg it kinda hurts. Also, Inna's Favor is not a good belt. I would find a high dex/vit, light/all ress belt for now. Favor does give you elemental dmg, but it only helps your main hand (since your off hand has elemental dmg on it and therefore doesn't benefit from that boost). I would also change gem in your helm if you ever plan on doing high mp.

Summary
    New offhand, new belt and change gem in helm.

Feel free to add me and talk to me ingame. I don't mind helping you search for upgrades on AH.

Link to my monk is below.
    Thanks for the reply. I do have another belt but I use the Inna's for the damage. It's very hard to find a decent OH for a reasonable price.
    What do you guys think of my char, what seems nice and what does not?

Link to my char is on my profile page, cant post links yet as I have'nt been on this forum long enough.
    Quote from nigolje

What do you guys think of my char, what seems nice and what does not?

Link to my char is on my profile page, cant post links yet as I have'nt been on this forum long enough.

I think I've posted here 4 times and never had any feedback. Every time there are someone like you - no feedback to the person above, just a "gief help please bye". These threads only work if you give something before receiving.

So take care.
    @ Mesar proly nat boots and ring will boost you decently or decent lacuni bracers with IAS and CC and better ofhand spears are slow as hell and dps dif between main and ofhand is huge which lowering your paper dps too, dont spek about bad luck if lanch SW when your ofhant is in hitting stage :-)

@ Nigolje get emereald in to your skorn and if need more LoH buy blackthorne pants decent are not expensive and have around 400 LoH. Mebe buy Inna belt to get 2 set bonus + holy dmg bonus or inna pants ( which are more expensive but bigger dps boost)
    and i gues insted SSS and mystick ally BoF with 15% dmg boost and 4s serenity will be better for you they are cheap to cast and BoF give you perma 15% dps boost and serenity CC immunity

Quote from Rhye

I think I've posted here 4 times and never had any feedback. Every time there are someone like you - no feedback to the person above, just a "gief help please bye". These threads only work if you give something before receiving.

So take care.

and i totaly agree i have exatly some experience here and on blizz forum too. Sometime its look ppls dont know read ...
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes