Mp10, what a laugh ;-)

[Disclaimer: the statements below may be very old news to most monks but I felt I got to say it loud anyway.]

My monk is fairly average I guess in these times (5000ish armor, 600ish AR, 190kish DPS, 2.9 ls, 500 loh etc.) and I have hesitated to go for mp 10 - the few times I tried it with the cookie cutter build it was bit of a struggle, the fights with elites were very dependant on which of the affixes the packs got.

Then I switched mantra for Mantra of evasion, backlash rune, and o boy, the game changed completely! I mean, this mantra+backlash+lifesteal make my monk essentially immortal! Feels quite OP to be honest, I can even stand in a desecrator pool as long as I have something close by to hit :-). The dps is still alright without overawe, elite packs go down without me getting any gray hairs.

My monk:

eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Svettbrallan-2278/hero/11881526

/Nine
    Well, good news for you then :) There is nothing wrong with that mantra. Whatever works!

Glad you enjoy MP10. Always nice to have more monks up here :D
    If you want to go for even faster elite kills in mp10 may i suggest a SoJ with 30% elite dmg?

i may play a barb but i usually use it for my mp10 runs and it does speed it up quite abit
    Quote from seraphim4

If you want to go for even faster elite kills in mp10 may i suggest a SoJ with 30% elite dmg?

Yes I use SOJ on some of my other toons and know the hidden power there is in this ring. On my monk however I like the unity for both dps+survival+miniSOJ-effect :-)

/Nine
    Not sure where you were but farming when I farm MP10 (Cave of the Assassin), I use a very similar setup... easy peasy ;)

http://d3up.com/b/49...tuo-dual-ls-5-9

Backlash loves high density mobs ... in fact it scales with the amount of enemies attacking you. Its awesome for sure.
    Been using Backlash as well, as I enjoy high MP farming. With the density changes via 1.08, this Rune should be getting some serious love by the Monk community.

I'm in a bad place right now with my Monk. 300 million gold to spend on upgrades I've been wanting, principally I wish to get away from OwE, but I refuse to spend any significant amount of gold until the itemization changes.
    Quote from HG_Johnny

Not sure where you were but farming when I farm MP10 (Cave of the Assassin), I use a very similar setup... easy peasy ;)

I farmed mostly act 3, crater and keeps. Still fiddling around with the skills, essentially there is one "free" passive and a couple of nice options on the active skills i.e. the way I like to play means that you will have to choose two skills out of the collection serenity, blind, WoL, exploding palm, and another spirit generator.

/Nine
    Quote from Ninefingers

My monk is fairly average I guess in these times (5000ish armor, 600ish AR, 190kish DPS, 2.9 ls, 500 loh etc.)

using XP gear i am at 195k DPS, 41k life, just 500 ALL RES and i survive easy!!!!

ANSWER IS: lifesteal on both weapons
    I am currently running this build in prep for the monster density changes. Backlash really feeds off of as many mobs as this game can throw at you.

At 3+ attacks per second, Deadly Reach gets the job done and I recover a respectable 18% damage modifier from the Foresight Rune. I'm waiting for the itemization patch before I spend any more gold on gears. Once that happens, I'm going to work on freeing myself of OwE and may add the combo strike passive to recover an additional 8% damage from the loss of Overawe.

So far I'm very happy with this build on MP8-10 and really really excited about giving it a go in 1.08
    @ruksak: i find it hard to keep track of the buff from foresight. won't blazing wrath be a better choice. you get 15% buff only but with the buff icon i find it much more easier to keep track.
    I use foresight, I just hit blazing wrath every time I refresh foresight so I use the blazing wrath icon as a timer. When it gets about 3/4 of the way, time to refresh foresight and blazing wrath.
    Quote from demonknight667

@ruksak: i find it hard to keep track of the buff from foresight. won't blazing wrath be a better choice. you get 15% buff only but with the buff icon i find it much more easier to keep track.

when you use Foresight there's a green aura around you, when you got the buff.
    Quote from Nephs

when you use Foresight there's a green aura around you, when you got the buff.

yeah funny!!!

have you ever played monk?

Next video if you can see the green aura you win all my gear!!!

EDIT: Oh wait!!! New rules: You win all my gear if you can see the monk :Thumbs Up:
    Quote from demonknight667

Wow....people are really stuck on this Thunderclap thing.

DR is a VERY good lead attack when you stack enough IAS and utilize fast weapons.

I use DR and WotHf/Blazing Wrath as a combo package. With my 3 attacks per second, I spit nados just fine.
    I cannot believe how much difference a second weapon with life steal does with this mantra in 1.08. You can literally not attack mobs and still survive in MP9 for 20-30 seconds. I have been playing a party role lately by sucking mobs with cyclone strike and using exploding palm to wipe out large groups. I dont even think cyclones are needed and will try switching out skills to improve mana regen since I want to spam EP everywhere. My dps is not that great but my 710 resists and 5500 armor allows me to stand pretty much anywhere. The bigger the mobs the better too. This is the closes thing to my thorns paladin in D2 :) I will see how this works without a WKL since I dont think i need cyclones for dmg.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes