Am I doing this right?

I quickly geared my monk yesterday, all with a mix of things i had in my stash and some cheap deals.

So I'm hoping for some advise on the gear, and if something is bad, how to upgrade it.

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Mazie-2181/hero/3055380

I have 572 resist.
    Quote from Mazies

I quickly geared my monk yesterday, all with a mix of things i had in my stash and some cheap deals.

So I'm hoping for some advise on the gear, and if something is bad, how to upgrade it.

http://eu.battle.net...81/hero/3055380

I have 572 resist.

Looks great to me, for just slapping it together. All you need to do is get to crafting and you're set. A few good crafts and you'll be sitting at 180-200k unbuffed easy.
    BurningRope#1322
    My only thought is, I seem to take ALOT of dmg, would it be any idea cutting 3 piece innas and getting a Mempo witout crit and then double resist on it. Or is that losing too much crit?
    Also forgot to ask.

Mainhand gem, Ruby or Emerald?
    Quote from Mazies

My only thought is, I seem to take ALOT of dmg, would it be any idea cutting 3 piece innas and getting a Mempo witout crit and then double resist on it. Or is that losing too much crit?

Oh man my bad brother. .....

What's happening with you is low LS.

That's why you're dying. I didn't notice at first and I apologize. Good news is your main weap should sell for a good price. For mid-high MP, you need dual LS, at least 5.00%.

Now, it's gonna be hard to find a good base DPS weap with CD, soc, LS and dex....so you might have to let go of dex or CD for your main-hand weapons (not counting 100% cd from soc).

I assure you, once you start dual LS, your troubles will change.

Other options here are a high vita Tal chest (200 vita+) or a really good crafted chest (see my profile~link @ siggy).

Stick with Emerald and keep as much CD as you can. Get those LS weaps, craft bracers, gloves, neck, shoulders (chest armor if you want) and you'll be fine. You could use some more speed so you could go mempo or tals chest for that. Try to find a fast weapon for your main, something at or over 1.50 baseline speed.
    BurningRope#1322
    So i guess my priority is a fast high dps mainhand with socket and lifesteal.

And after that I could probably cut my ring with LoH for a ring with some resist/more damage?

I wont be crafting on this char for a while tho, will still be crafting for my main, which is my wizard.
    U need to get rid of that ring and get a better one, preferably with IAS/CC.The LoH is totally useless
    Atm it is not useless but u need to get double LS and get a better ring ( like u can get another sword or an AXe that would be the best choice ). Or a WKL with LS socket.

That prolly your only problem as I see it.With ure gear u should be doing MP5-6 pretty easy and with double LS and ~600 resist u should never die unless u make mistakes.And get 100% crit gems in both weapons always, unless u are running with a Bell build which from seeing some posts on D2jsp, 1 red gem on MH works a tad better.

And I would strongly suggest u get combination strike and blazing fists, it adds so much dps.tho u need to learn to play with it.And get rid of NDE this is not HC :D.Your skills are a bit too defensive, just because u dont have double LS. So focus on getting that.
    Quote from Diavolo222

And I would strongly suggest u get combination strike and blazing fists, it adds so much dps.tho u need to learn to play with it.And get rid of NDE this is not HC :D.Your skills are a bit too defensive, just because u dont have double LS. So focus on getting that.

I STRONGLY agree with losing the NDE passive. It's become fashionable from the popularity of Invis' Speed Palm build. It is being used by x-palm builds to mitigate the Reflect Damage affix.

My issues with this are;

1: You're taking up a passive to address 1 monster affix.

2: Often when X-palm blows, you catch Reflect from more than 1 monster. NDE only mitigates 1 reflect. If 2 or more blow, NDE does nothing. You die.

3: Serenity mitigates Reflecting X-palm damage with 100% certainty, no matter how many monsters pop in your face.

When you step to an Elite Reflect pack with X-palm, your options are;

1: Don't use X-palm.

or

2: Use X-palm and make sure to keep Serenity off cooldown, triggering it just before the explosion.
    BurningRope#1322
    This monk is only for doing group runs, so im not sure combination strike is the best?

I can actually do MP8 pretty decently know, only die on some anoying packs.

But ill go for a new mainhand with LS+socket and then a new ring with either IAS or resist
    If you're mainly running with groups (and not using Combination Strike) consider dropping NDE and replacing with Guiding Light. CM wizards will love you even more if you can generate spirit fast enough to use the Implosion rune on Cyclone Strike.
    Quote from GingerAnger

If you're mainly running with groups (and not using Combination Strike) consider dropping NDE and replacing with Guiding Light. CM wizards will love you even more if you can generate spirit fast enough to use the Implosion rune on Cyclone Strike.

Typically Quickening rune on FoT can regenerate spirit at will. This would be a great option. Though he's using both CS and X-palm as spenders....he might need all the regen he can get. I've never run such a heavy spirit spending build before so I'm not sure what would suffice.

EDIT: I see he's already using Quickening. This is a heavy spender rig that may need some other assistance for full spirit gain.
    BurningRope#1322
    Updated my gear with new weapon.

Runs perfect on Mp10 in groups.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes