Need advice for new upgrades *400M*

Hi community,

I am desperately searching for new upgrades, but am unsure what to upgrade first and where to spend my money at. I got 400mio and 20 € in the RMAH for new gear but I do not know where to start, maybe some of you can give advise.

Armory :

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/DarKxRaideR-2178/hero/11086693

D3Up :

http://d3up.com/b/596283

Thanks in advance,

DarK RaideR
    You have quite decent gear set. However your resist is not consistent with OWE.

Your set should give you more than 200k DPS, and I sit at 230k DPS which should go up to 250k if I change all the gems like yours.

The only difference is that I have Witching Hour, more dex in the pant and EF as main hand. Your weapons can be upgraded too, but this could be costly. Also with your budget, try a low version Mempo to see if there is any improvement. At your level of gear, the best is to work on AS in order to push DPS further.
    Quote from MONK_101

You have quite decent gear set. However your resist is not consistent with OWE.

Your set should give you more than 200k DPS, and I sit at 230k DPS which should go up to 250k if I change all the gems like yours.

The only difference is that I have Witching Hour, more dex in the pant and EF as main hand. Your weapons can be upgraded too, but this could be costly. Also with your budget, try a low version Mempo to see if there is any improvement. At your level of gear, the best is to work on AS in order to push DPS further.

I'm going to agree that he should seek IAS, but I'm noticing an odd trend with many Monks, whom are beefing up IAS across the board but then they choose slow weapons. This practice is somewhat self-defeating. Those weapons he has could sell for a good bit, which would off-set the cost of replacement. They also have quite a low base-line speed.

Daggers come with a base-line speed of 1.50 APS. When fully beefed with IAS% bonus of 11%, they swing as high as 1.68 APS.

Echoing Fury.... Oh EF you little shit-stain. I hate that stick, never has my monk been happier than when I ditched that god forsaken fear affix.

Consider that greatly before you buy one. DarkxRaider is running an X-palm build, and with such, you don't want EF. Nothing will piss you off more than being entrenched with a nasty Elite pack, having one tagged with EP about to blow.....and there he goes....fucking running off to explode harmlessly in the corner.

I can't even stand to play with people whom use EF anymore. There we are, fighting a pack and the guy with EF is running across the entire map trying to chase the Elite down.

My advice is to avoid Echoing Fury. Find speed elsewhere.
    Hey Ruksak, you have a point, but I am not at all recommending him for EF, but just would like to show the importance of speed after CC+CD and dex. I may not have enough DPS for comfortable play at MP 10, EF give me additional time to deal with individual elite and I don't use EP but bell to disperse and kill trash and get life back. I never chase monsters at high MP but just move on to the next closest one.
    Quote from MONK_101

Hey Ruksak, you have a point, but I am not at all recommending him for EF, but just would like to show the importance of speed after CC+CD and dex. I may not have enough DPS for comfortable play at MP 10, EF give me additional time to deal with individual elite and I don't use EP but bell to disperse and kill trash and get life back. I never chase monsters at high MP but just move on to the next closest one.

Yep yep ....speed isn't just great for DPS, it's great for life recovery and sprit regen. It was this that made the choice between Blazing Fists and Foresight as my combo-strike buff....very easy.

About the EF fear affect; I did the same thing, let the Elite run off and return while I wail away on the closest one. But some people don't get that....they take off after it. The inherent issue here is, when you're down to the last Elite of the pack, you tend to have little choice but to pursue it.

EF can be awesome in solo play is you have a perma-freeze Scoundrel at your side, but I never could get myself to pay the outrageous price for a decent Buriza.
    Thanks for your replies so far, i know that having those damn fire, lightning and physical resists on my gear do no good to one with everything, but they rolled so pretty nice and I keep crafting to replace them or maybe get all res instead, but that is up to RNG ^^

Mempos are really expensive so I hope I might be able to snipe one someday. What do you think about changing my offhand to a WKL with 20-25 lightning damage and around 800 dps with LS on it ?
    I don't have much experience using WKL, and I feel 800 dps is just too low for high MP for whatever additional effects that it may give you. But if you can afford a higher dps one, say 900+, that may be feasible.
    Quote from Turdragin

Next, I'd look at a Socket, 2.5%+ LS, 23%+ Lightning SKILL dmg Won Khim Lao (WKL). Each 1% of ligthing damage is somewhere in the 12-16 weapon DPS range, so a WKL with 800 DPS 25% lighting skill damage is roughly equivalent to a 1100-1200 dps rare weapon with similar stats.

I was reffering to this post on another thread, which hasn't been denied or corrected yet, but maybe you can tell me how WKL works, since I was unable to simulate it or see how the trueDPS changes.

Original Thread :

http://www.diablofans.com/topic/93354-some-questions-about-mp10-and-stats/
    Honestly, I have no clue how this equivalent dps is worked out, and the only reliable means to find out the equivalent dps output is to kill act 3 bosses and time it, which can then be compared with a weapon with similar stat without the added % light damage. Try out a low-end one before any serious purchase.
    I think i'll do some act 3 ghom testing with the WKL but are there no other Options than to get the same items I aleady have in a better Version ? ;-)
    Sure, your weapon could be improved too, but this is going to be expensive. Nowadays, AH is flooded with crafted intems of very similar stats, weapons around 1000 DPS, 60+ cd, dex, plus socket, and another thing better than those would cost a fortune.

On the other hand, if you give up 4-piece INNA and find Witching Hour and Mempo you can have more DPS gain for the same amount of gold. I also notice that you are a bit low on CC to pass the 200k DPS mark, and for your reference I have aound 50CC and 500CD.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes