Best way to improve my monk?

Hey guys,

I'm a bit stuck right now with my monk and I'm not quite sure what's the best way to improve him now.

here is my profile: http://eu.battle.net/d3/de/profile/Hazak-1455/hero/2449384

thanx in advance!
    In my opinion: Start to craft dex/vit amulets, you seem to need a stronger amulet that also could roll some defensive stats such as armor, allres or poison res above the offensive stats you already have such as dex, vit and CC/CD.

Also, you could gate a better inna's chest pretty easily right?
    Make your peace...Quickly!
    crafting amy's, bracers, gloves and shoulders should make a difference.
    May the heroes rise from the pit of despair and the bards sing of the day of death renewed to everlasting
    immortality....awaiting your return to the lands of Sanctuary may peace be with you on this day...your day of birth.

The Crew
    thanx for your input guys! you were right about the chest. I sniped a new one with more vit and dex, and armor instead of resist for 1m.

now I'll try to get lucky with crafting. which route would you suggest for higher mps? more dps or more ehp? should I get a second weapon with lifesteal?
    2 weapons with lifesteal is a "must have" unless you are 400k dps unbuffed ;)

crafting awesome shoulders is so freaking easy, go for it :Thumbs Up:
    Quote from thesikaleon

2 weapons with lifesteal is a "must have" unless you are 400k dps unbuffed ;)

crafting awesome shoulders is so freaking easy, go for it :Thumbs Up:

2 weapons with lifesteal a must? I have 200k DPS with 2.2 Lifesteal and can do MP7 with ease.
    Quote from Lesh

2 weapons with lifesteal a must? I have 200k DPS with 2.2 Lifesteal and can do MP7 with ease.

i have 227 dps unbuffed (with WKL) and 5.9 lifesteal. MP10 is a joke :Thumbs Up:
    of course need higher Attack Speed possible and high HP so make lifesteal worth it

The more you go up for vitality and drop on resistances, then lifesteal is so freaking awesome
    Quote from thesikaleon

Quote from Lesh

i have 227 dps unbuffed (with WKL) and 5.9 lifesteal. MP10 is a joke :Thumbs Up:
    of course need higher Attack Speed possible and high HP so make lifesteal worth it

The more you go up for vitality and drop on resistances, then lifesteal is so freaking awesome

Totally understand the MP10 part of your statement. im just saying I wouldn't say its a must...say on MP 6 and below. personally I don't find mp10 fun...kind of slow IMO.
    so I take from your answers that a second lifesteal weapon and more dps/hp should be better for higher mps than more ehp?
    EHP is only about survive

High DPS + lifesteal + high HP is about survive and kill fast

remember always decent resistances
    yeah I know about the basics :) I just want to know what's the best way these days. I'm around 500 resists right now.
    Quote from Lesh

Just curious, how much LoH comes with that?

I've run under 3% LS before when I was at maybe 120k and my life recovery was terribad on MP6+ unless I added at least 500-600+ LoH.

Now I run like 5.6%LS and very little LoH, doin fine @ 175k
    BurningRope#1322
    Quote from Suiram25

so I take from your answers that a second lifesteal weapon and more dps/hp should be better for higher mps than more ehp?

LS will add to your EHP if you think about it. I know some calculators account for LS some dont.

For higher MP's you need to think of it like this. It WILL take longer to kill anything so you need to balance that out. Your going to take more damage due to time to kill and you need to recover that damage so that you can continue to inflict damage. As your DPS increases so does the amount of LS you get in return. On lower MP's or having lower damage LS isnt as critical.

It really depends on what your goal is. Do you want to survive without kiting all day in higher MP's or do you just want to faceroll MP5(Snoozefest for me). If you want to roll high MP's LS is a must. You also need to have high EHP as the monsters will hit harder in higher MP's. I have over a million EHP and in MP10 those glowing red hammer pricks will 1 shot me if they get a crit on me.
    Totally agree that double LS is a must on high MP. I run double ls and I can stand on mp10 magda's arcane sentry pivot point while attacking and sustain life back.
    Quote from RasAlgethi24

Totally agree that double LS is a must on high MP. I run double ls and I can stand on mp10 magda's arcane sentry pivot point while attacking and sustain life back.

That's because you do like 9 billion unbuffed you frickin DPS whore :hehe:
    BurningRope#1322
    I think that double LS is a luxury and not a necessity. It is ridiculously expensive to find two decent weapons with all the stats you need.
    Quote from Mesar

I think that double LS is a luxury and not a necessity. It is ridiculously expensive to find two decent weapons with all the stats you need.

I dont think so. I got both my Weaps for around 310 mil. Items can be sniped anytime...you just need to be patient.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes