Mempo - The ultimate Monk's fashion

First need to explain that this post is for 1handed weapons builds.
    If you play tempest rush or whatever two handed i really have no idea what is more effective for your build.

Almost every monk ingame who use Mempo, he also goes for inna's chest to keep the inna's x2 set bonus.
    The "perfect Mempo" is cc6, as9 and sometimes there is none in AH. People try to sell it out of the game AH.

A "perfect Mempo" worth billions/much money.

So what you get from "perfect Mempo" + inna's chest is cc6 and as9. The rest are dexterity, vitality, resistances than can be rolled in every part of gear.

Now lets see what you get if you use a set of inna's radiance + tal rasha's chest:
    yeah cc6 and as9

I can understand using mempo + tal rasha's chest to reach the AS cap.
    Other than that i see no reason to go for Mempo.

I feel its more like a fashion and like every fashion costs money.

Pls opinions
    Better combination of DPS AND EHP

Is it worth it? Well this is another question.

The rest are dexterity, vitality, resistances than can be rolled in every part of gear.

Well with average gear this might be true but at a certain point it doesnt work that way anymore. If you are aiming for high end gear you need to focus on the rolls and affixes that can be on certain slots. For example you always want high crit dmg (100) and critchance (10) on an amulet because in this slot it can be higher than in every other slot. (gloves also 10% crit)

Another reason is that innas pants are best in slot for almost all classes. Especially for monks. So you can buy a good inna chest and get also the 130 dex set bonus. Sure a rare 63 crafted chest can be better. But it is so hard that it easier to get a good innas chest. To beat the combination you would need a 250+ dex 150+ vit 70+ all res 3 socket + %life chest.

Goold luck with that one.
    And even if you have a 300+ dex 200 vit 80 all res 3 socket 12% life rare chest. The benefit would only be about some more dex and 100 more vit compared to a perfect rolled innas chest (which would be 200dex 100 vit 80 all res 3 socket 12% life +the 130 dex set bonus). So you would primary gain more EHP.

So until then the best way atm is to get the set bonus from innas chest and pants and get a 5+ critchance mempo.
    If you use OWE or you only focus on dps and are kind of a glass canon you can also go with TR chest and a Mempo :=D

But i kind of agree that in many cases buying other items instead a mempo can be better. For example you can get more out of you money than buying a mempo without crit that just has a double roll primary stat. Some just buy it for the cool looks too or look up the top players/streamers and think it has to be a mempo ;D
    Yeah of course its cheaper to go TR chest+ radiance, but on higer gear levels or by simply being rich, you gain 100dex from mempo + innas or craft. Most ppl obviously won't pay the immense difference for such a small gain :)

for comparison, max rolled stats would be :

Mempo + Vast Expanse
    dex: 200+ 200
    vit: 100
    life%: 12+ 12
    all resists: 80 + 80
    + 6% melee reduction

OR 200vit instead of 80 resists.
    With a crafted chest, same stats but +200 vit instead of melee reduct. (i count the +130 dex as being the same as 2set)

Radiance + TR chest
    dex: 200+ 100
    vit: 200+ 100
    life%: 0
    all resist: 80+ 20+ 80

OR 200vit instead of 80 resists

edit: of course both have 6% CHC and 9% AS
    Forgot to add that Radiance can have a monk skill bonus, so if that is important to the player, it might be the better choice dps-wise.
    Of course a Mempo at 200 dex, as9, cc6, 12% life, 80 all res is better than anything else. Find one for me pls and tell me the price.

99% of the monks wearing a mempo is cc 4.5 or lower
    Quote from Koboldius

Some just buy it for the cool looks too or look up the top players/streamers and think it has to be a mempo ;D

You got it

Most people buy it cause a "top monk" must use Mempo, even if they can only afford a cc3 one.
    Quote from thesikaleon

Quote from Koboldius

Some just buy it for the cool looks too or look up the top players/streamers and think it has to be a mempo ;D

You got it

Most people buy it cause a "top monk" must use Mempo, even if they can only afford a cc3 one.

Yeah. It is kind of sad but what do you want to do about it. ^^ There will be always uninformed people in games. Thats also why people can do shitloads of money in the ah and other keep poor.
    Quote from thesikaleon

Of course a Mempo at 200 dex, as9, cc6, 12% life, 80 all res is better than anything else. Find one for me pls and tell me the price.

99% of the monks wearing a mempo is cc 4.5 or lower

I'm not going to find you one or tell you the price. Not sure why did i deserved such a response, especially since i agreed with you. There's no better way to do the comparison, other than max rolls. Sure most mempo users won't have 6% CHC , but they wont have a maxed out radiance either, so the differences still apply.
    Quote from Turtel

I'm not going to find you one or tell you the price. Not sure why did i deserved such a response, especially since i agreed with you. There's no better way to do the comparison, other than max rolls. Sure most mempo users won't have 6% CHC , but they wont have a maxed out radiance either, so the differences still apply.

Oh man, maybe my poor English make my comment seems ironic. Really sorry :cheers:
    My point is that of course a max rolls mempo is the best helm someone can use but most people use any mempo with cc and they feel that they have made the best choice.
    I think the OP's point is that A LOT of people are buying and wearing sub-par Mempos just because they are called Mempo, when other, probably cheaper, pieces would represent higher gains. And I agree.
    I found a 4.5cc Mempo and was really happy until I realised it wasn't really a clear upgrade. I gained 800 dps and 2k life but lost 50 all res and my resistances are already too low for my taste. It is good, but not as good as I thought !
    Imo, its not good to get a mempo that is less than 5 crit with 9 IAS.Rather then spend 1bill or smth on a good 4.5 crit ones.I would rather spend ~100mil on a very good inna radiance with SW dmg.

Like I got a Inna Radiance with Physical ( im physical monk :=(( ) 188 dex and 60 vit 5.5 crit and 12 SW DMg for 50mil. Stats are pretty good I dont care bout the 0.5 crit as I have like 54 with scoundrel which is more than enough + most 6% crit ones are like 120dex 50 vit.

Then I got a Tal chest with high vit and I can keep my ~50k hp with no problem. So that way I got 9 IAS and 12 SW DMG. Yea the resist on mempo is better and infinte life% is cool but with 50khp double LS and 200k unbuffed dps with won kim lau I can do MP8+ very very easy and a Mempo would only get me like 4-6k dps mb 9-10 if its 6% crit. But I get a lot of unseen dps with the 12% SW dmg + Won Kim Lau.

I just think its completely useless to get a Mempo unless you are looking at the very high-end gear. Atm most of my upgrades are gonna cost me 500mil-2bil+. I mean ,hell, INVIS's billions and billons worth Witching hour gives me like 3k more dps and like 20 more resist and less health than my 100mil one.

Just stick with efficient gear when u are not a Diablo 3 billionaire.I know the mempo looks cool and all but if u really wanna get it, get the no CC one with a lot of dex.If u get a crit nat's ring u will have enough crit to compensate.
    Quote from maka

I think the OP's point is that A LOT of people are buying and wearing sub-par Mempos just because they are called Mempo, when other, probably cheaper, pieces would represent higher gains. And I agree.

that :Thumbs Up: :Thumbs Up: :Thumbs Up:
    Actually just made a simulation on d3rawr.

My current config is mempo dex vita, no CC and an inna's chest 16X dex// 23X vit
    I tried different setup using tal chest and inna's radiance.
    Turns out that it bring me some dps (about 6-8k) while decreasing my EHP by approx 100-130k.
    Clearly not an interesting choice regarding the price of a nice radiance and tal chest.

A 9 as /4 cc mempo would bring me almost as much dps without the huge ehp loss for the same price.

Here is my profile : http://eu.battle.net/d3/fr/profile/Wit-2649/hero/7797305

After reading this thread I was hoping to get a cheap upgrade for my stuff (and even more after seeing how cool tal chest looks on my monk ^^), but still, mempo cc appears as the best money/stat gain option.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes