Over 170m exp/hour (AC2)

Uploaded a new faster/better version of the build on the original post!
    Too casual to upload anything new these days.
    TianZi, have you tried the same run using a Life on Kill Skorn? With bell almost insta-killing everything, I'd suspect it would heal for about as much at a far less price for those with a lower budget.
    I just wanted to say your new version of the build is amazing. Definitely a very optimized build. What are your thought on if you ever manage to break 200-220k ish DPS and can drop overawe? Circular breathing? Way of the Falling Star? I'm sure some of my ubergeared TR friends are going to ask me this.

BTW do you mind if I post a link to you video on Reddit. I really think its something that should be shared.
    Quote from rathgood

TianZi, have you tried the same run using a Life on Kill Skorn? With bell almost insta-killing everything, I'd suspect it would heal for about as much at a far less price for those with a lower budget.

I haven't tried yet, but can give it a shot later tonight. I've actually only tried the LifeAfterKill Skorn for DE farming. Didn't try it for AC2 or CotA runs yet.

Quote from Chazhang

I just wanted to say your new version of the build is amazing. Definitely a very optimized build. What are your thought on if you ever manage to break 200-220k ish DPS and can drop overawe? Circular breathing? Way of the Falling Star? I'm sure some of my ubergeared TR friends are going to ask me this.

BTW do you mind if I post a link to you video on Reddit. I really think its something that should be shared.

That'd be awesome if you can post it on Reddit.

I actually feel like there would be more of an advantage for higher eHP rather than higher DPS for the build. EP damage doesn't depend on player DPS, but overawe DOES effect EPs damage. So higher base DPS with Circ breathing wouldn't give the same effects as overawe.

As for why it'd benefit from eHP is because you generally want 2 EPs before detonating everything with wave of light. However, even in my video I go with one many times because my HP is dipping and i need the heals from Lifesteal. That results in cases where not all the scorpions die.

If eHP and DPS were both high enough, I could actually see Dashing Strike replacing Serinity for even higher mobility.

One of the things with the spec is you need DPS high enough to Kill the mob with the EP on it, but don't want your DPS so high that WoL kills all the mobs before EP triggers. I tried the spec using Wall of light, and many times I didn't get enough spirit back from EP because too many scoripions died from WoL before EP triggered.
    What all do I need to upgrade to get this build to work? I know my Resist all is really low but I only have a budget of 33 Mil gold atm.

I can sell off my Barbarian Gear since he is paragon 100 and don't play him any more that might get me 100 million more gear. With a paragon 100 I have never been lucky and got the massive gold or even RLAH item drop. Most money I have ever gotten for a sell of something I found was about 55 million gold after the 15% auction fee.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Here is my profile http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Hotiedethknt-1846/hero/27553646
    Ah makes sense. Dashing strike it is then. My friend is 245k DPS and 1M EHP (a bit less with a ruby in helm), so I think he's fine in those areas.
    Ok, I've actually tested out the Life After Kill Skorn, and it worked fine. HOWEVER, I did need to drop Fleet Footed and replace it with STI for it to run smoothly. Normally when playing with LS, you have at least a little sustained healing before you literally 1-shot the mobs. But with life after kill it's possible that you spike from full HP to dead in the time that you're placing 1-2 EP's and the Wave of Light.

So basically no LS = needs higher eHP.

-----

Quote from curumtiny

What all do I need to upgrade to get this build to work? I know my Resist all is really low but I only have a budget of 33 Mil gold atm.

I can sell off my Barbarian Gear since he is paragon 100 and don't play him any more that might get me 100 million more gear. With a paragon 100 I have never been lucky and got the massive gold or even RLAH item drop. Most money I have ever gotten for a sell of something I found was about 55 million gold after the 15% auction fee.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Here is my profile http://us.battle.net...6/hero/27553646

You can technically run it at any MP, so you should probably just try it on MP8 or 9 to see if you like it before selling off your barb gear.

As for MP10, the numbers i'm getting is you need roughly 450 AR and 40k HP to survive properly in MP10. You need about 160k DPS (at low, 1.08 IAS) to properly kill the scorpions right after the 1-2 EP's land. However, if you can get your eHP higher, your DPS can be lower as well, since you can just wait an extra second or 2 for EP damage ticks before landing the WoL.
    First build I ever see that actually works without spirit generator. Loving it! ^^

Quote from TianZi

As for MP10, the numbers i'm getting is you need roughly 450 AR and 40k HP to survive properly in MP10. You need about 160k DPS (at low, 1.08 IAS) to properly kill the scorpions right after the 1-2 EP's land. However, if you can get your eHP higher, your DPS can be lower as well, since you can just wait an extra second or 2 for EP damage ticks before landing the WoL.

Also if you have the eHP you can drop serenity and replace it with all kinds of fun stuff. Life Breath of Heaven, Air ally, Blinding flash, Dashing Strike etc. I always preach the need for high max HP (400 AR is fine) for 2h builds, allows you to use builds without serenity for that extra slot for utility or just plain dmg.
    For me i got 700k exp per 20 sec which means 2.1 million exp per min for the total of 126 mill exp per hour and all i do is like 6 clicks and all is dead :D
    note : this exp i just said is without any bonus exp items/gem
    but with 2 rings and head gem i got 1.3m exp per 20sec
    also the time 20 sec ( is for hard mobs ) but if its easy i kill the mob in less than 8 sec
    Will try and upload the easy (though a little slower) version sometime Tuesday or Wednesday. Should help people that had issues with spirit regen or have much lower DPS.

Currently not planing to upload a [Life After Kill] version, unless someone still needs it. If you do, send me a message. If a few people still want it, I can add it to the to-do list.
    The Easymode version of EP/WoL/TR Farming. Removed some gear to lower DPS/eHP to show it's effectiveness for people in not as great gear:

Thanks a lot for the easy variation, I had a really hard time maintaining spirit with the original build. With this + near death, it's piece of cake :D
    Thank you for the new build for the people not as geared. I have gotten some really good runs on mp10 now and also some God awful ones. I wish I found this many elites on my old mp0 runs of crater. It seems like on the runs that go really bad I get 3 elites right next to the big packs of scorpions. I am finding like 7 elite packs per fast run at times. But thanks for your help I appreciate it. I had 1 run that had 170 mil exp per hour... while my crappy run was like 18 mil LOL.
    correct me if I'm wrong here, but the way i understand this, crit chance and crit damage don't do much for this build except help with some sustain from LS while TR through mobs to next pack, since you arent counting on it to proc with the WoL and EP isnt effective for it at all.

from this Id deduce that you can build a fairly cheaper set max ehp,dex,wep dmg and ignore char sheet dps
    basically you max reliable damage of the WoL.

I'm gonna check it myself later today, except for the LS skorn it shouldn't be too expensive, ill report back later.

at any rate do tell me if I'm missing something here
    Quote from tmrsmall

correct me if I'm wrong here, but the way i understand this, crit chance and crit damage don't do much for this build except help with some sustain from LS while TR through mobs to next pack, since you arent counting on it to proc with the WoL and EP isnt effective for it at all.

CHC and CHD are important. Many Bellers didn't like to rely on the low Crit Chance of their Monks until they found out that Bell actually has 3 (+1) hits per Skill use, each having a chance to crit individually, meaning that with some basic crit gear and a WoL-Stone of Jordan, you're sitting over 90% chance to have at least one crit, which greatly helps increasing effectivity.

Yeah, currently experimenting with a slightly different skill setup and completely different gear myself. Found out that Air Ally combined with really high Attack speed actually gave me some pretty satisfying results. Trying to get the last few missing gear pieces to see if it's a viable solution, at least for budget builds.
    Quote from tmrsmall

from this Id deduce that you can build a fairly cheaper set max ehp,dex,wep dmg and ignore char sheet dps
    basically you max reliable damage of the WoL.

I'm gonna check it myself later today, except for the LS skorn it shouldn't be too expensive, ill report back later.

at any rate do tell me if I'm missing something here

As Ayeri mentioned CC is important, BUT, i was thinking that this build could be very viable with a LS/Socket/DEX Doom Hammer with decently high average dmg but no Crit Dmg.

Check the build here: http://d3up.com/b/465363

This works almost as well as with my LS Skorn and I still kill skorpions in one or two WoL. I did notice I don't get quite the regen while TR'ing between packs of scorpions so it may be a good idea to take StI and have decent resist/HP.

So, in short a non Crit Dmg, LS/socket/Dex weapon may be a viable budget alternative to a LS skorn.
    Scorpion runs getting nerfed in 1.0.8. Make use of it while you still can :)
    Haha thank you for letting me know, I'll ding p100 early in the morning =)

depends how greedy I will get when I get close ;)

Might go full on coffee and zerg it all now in one run!

Thanks for the video's btw, helped alot.

Tomorrow finally back to my normal mp10 inf farming :Thumbs Up:

Hurrae!
    Quote from TianZi

Scorpion runs getting nerfed in 1.0.8. Make use of it while you still can :)

What did I miss here? Where do they say it is going to be nerfed?

EDIT: NVM I found the source.
    Thank god they'll be providing us with a source of exp that's even better. It's not like people'd go there all that frequently once 1.0.8 hits anyways :D

Oh yeah, just so you save some time, if you don't find the source for the scorpion nerf immediately:

Wyatt Cheng - Game Designer

Scorpions have had their XP reduced. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. We looked and considered buffing everything else instead, but in light of the multiplayer buffs we were already providing, we didn't want to inflate the game as a whole even further.

Specifically, Scorpions have had their XP reduced by 75%. That probably sounds like a lot at an emotional level, because it's never fun to have a source of XP reduced by that much, but I hope some can agree if you think about it - a mallet lord is worth 1.5x the xp a scorpion is. And that's not just mallet lords, most of the monsters in the game are within a certain reasonable ratio of one another and the scorpions were a very obvious outlier.

Source
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes