What should i upgrade?

Well, im now back after about.. 8 months of not playing this game and i just started to get a bit good so im rather happy bout it, But the thing is i barely remember what to go for and what prices now are decent..

Im not really that billion rich guy but my budget is 200m and i want either to buy one-two items that will upgrade my dps and survivability the best or what ever that would work to upgrade my character.

Thanks for the help and that you take your time to do this, so a thumbs up for you! :)

http://eu.battle.net...890/hero/118851

Right now im farming MP-7, Trying to get more demonic essence to make some gloves and shoulders. But im not sure when i can enter higher monster powers!

I dont know what boundries or guidelines to go for. Any suggestions?
    Can you let me in on the secret of how you farm mp7 without life steal? :)
    Sure thing!
    I have the skills as you can see on my character page, and i slaughter!
    Life on Hit is what i have atm and ill just have to make sure to push out as much dps as i can and try to use serenity to escape / reposition myself so i don't die.

Out of 10 mp7 grom long runs, ive died aprox 1 time each run due to tricky situations.
    Always keep buffs up, always try to have overawe up. Sounds simple? ^^
    Sounds very simple but i don't think i'm going to be skilled enough to risk that :D

I am running with dual LS on mp10 :D
    Hi Chippchoff,

My monk isn't a great one, but so far I'm able to farm MP7, MP8 and MP9 without many risks, thanks to all-res and life recover (life on hit and life steal). Since you already have LoH on you amulet, why don't you buy an Echoing Fury to use as your off-hand mace, like mine (or better) ? It can add from +0.21 to +0.25 attacks per second to your main weapon, increasing hugely your attack speed, allowing you to hit more and to gain more life from your hits.

That works great for me.

Concerning only DPS, please run some simulations on D3UP (or your preferred online calculator) if you can change your Mempo to a helm with 5~6 critical chance, allres and dex. You'll lose the 12%vit, but since yout current vit is a little low (as mine), you'll won't notice it much.

Since you have 200M, you can get for around 10~15mil a new Vile Ward, with 90+ vit, maintaining your current allres. That would boost your EHP a lot.

Those are all fairly cheap upgrades on US server, but since you are in Europe I think you could get similar prices. None of the items are very high-end, so they should not cost a lot.

Hope that helps.

PS: By the way, here's your Monk on D3UP:
    http://d3up.com/b/557793

EDIT: I just made one simulation, if you buy an Echoing Fury identical your current Mace, with the worse "+Attacks Per Second" stat (+0.21), you would gain 7KDPS. I think it's worth it.
    Quote from Bribous

why don't you buy an Echoing Fury to use as your off-hand mace, like mine (or better) ? It can add from +0.21 to +0.25 attacks per second to your main weapon,

The speed is added to both weapons when dual wielding! Just a note on echoing furies, you should look at the Fear proc % before you buy because it can be quite a bother if the Fear proc rate is high. The lowest you can get is 10% I think.

@Chippchoff in the long run however, I'd suggest you buy a weapon with Crit dmg, lifesteal and socket and 1000+ dps. You can get those for around 50m+ on GAH last time I checked. I ditched my Echoing Fury and it's so good to run without fear procs I really enjoyed it.

For shoulders I'd suggest crafting as shoulders are quite cheap to craft compared with other pieces. But then again, Vile Wards have plummeted in price since 1.0.7 crafting patch so if it's cheaper to buy one then by all means!

GL!
    Quote from Zuchi

@Chippchoff in the long run however, I'd suggest you buy a weapon with Crit dmg, lifesteal and socket and 1000+ dps. You can get those for around 50m+ on GAH last time I checked.

Yeah, i noticed that actually Gloves, Amu, Bracer and Shoulders is most likely to have their BiS crafted at the BS.
    So my problem here is i need to find a great way to achieve demonic essences, havent really found a good run yet. :/
    Any suggestions?

Found a cheap sword that had great stats with lifesteal% but lost some EHP!
    Quote from Bribous

PS: By the way, here's your Monk on D3UP:
    http://d3up.com/b/557793

Yeah i found and been using that for a while to count a bit, but its so annoying to tab out and in and doublecheck everything.
    im trying to upgrade my monk too, can someone help me please.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Piigmeu-1416/hero/4877551
    Quote from Chippchoff

Quote from Zuchi

@Chippchoff in the long run however, I'd suggest you buy a weapon with Crit dmg, lifesteal and socket and 1000+ dps. You can get those for around 50m+ on GAH last time I checked.

Yeah, i noticed that actually Gloves, Amu, Bracer and Shoulders is most likely to have their BiS crafted at the BS.
    So my problem here is i need to find a great way to achieve demonic essences, havent really found a good run yet. :/
    Any suggestions?

Get max runspeed spec/gear on and start the Act 2 - Black Soulstone [ Kill Kulle] quest, and go to Desolate Sands and find Vault of Assassin.

Once in there exit the game and re-login, you should start with a portal to Vault of Assassin. Change your spec back to normal and your gear back to normal and just keep doing VoA runs. I'd suggest the MP you're most likely to run as efficiently as MP1, i.e. killing elites. Ignore white trash if you wanna maximise essence drops.
    im on that run now thanks, i manage to kill every elite pack under 15 seconds so it goes well!
    Just gotta find the stamina to farm and farm, now the only thing thats cracking me is that the item creation is not fun, some guys are lucky to get it within the first 10 gloves but "on another business" i saw that vod on the guy that bought 4000 Echoing Furys and only got 1 that was better :P
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes