Tempest Rushing: The right way.

Using this now. Cool build.
    will try, thnx for the detailed explanations Sell.
    For snapshotting I use a TalRasha Amu with an good ammount of Dex on it, so some more +%elemental is coming to play.
    Spec got a few buffs, nothing changes about how you play it in 1.0.7.

Rush on.
    Quote from Sell

Rush on.

Oh yeah I'm pretty stoked! Started TRing 4 months ago (though I've barely played for the last 3 lol), and this free buff is going to be insane.
    SC2 Editor Tutorials: OnetwoSC
    D3 Channel: OnetwoD3
    Quote from Sell

Rush on.

Looking at those "notes" I'm not sure if it'll be a buff actually, as they want to get rid of snapshotting. And with them buffing SW slightly, I'm fairly sure they'll want to get rid of it completely and not just the gear swapping.
    might be able to TR at mp 4 or 5 on a regular basis after this patch. Hell yeah
    heavymetal#1322
    http://us.battle.net...22/hero/3153312 (wiz)
    http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/heavymetal-1322/hero/8654665 (monk)
    my twitch feed (just messing around, no super player or anything)
    http://www.justin.tv/heavymetalmak
    Quote from Temsen

Quote from Sell

Rush on.

Looking at those "notes" I'm not sure if it'll be a buff actually, as they want to get rid of snapshotting. And with them buffing SW slightly, I'm fairly sure they'll want to get rid of it completely and not just the gear swapping.

Where was the blue post talking about getting rid of snapshotting.
    Very informitive guide here. Very well done and noted. Thanks alot!
    Quote from Sell

Where was the blue post talking about getting rid of snapshotting.

http://www.diablofans.com/topic/82991-the-true-power-of-monk-sweeping-wind/page__st__40#entry1111456
    Second to last page on the comments of the preview.
    With all the pre-buffing, removing snapshotting would actually be a net loss I think?
    While the loss of snapshotting may be a net negative result, it will really free up build options. You won't be forced to run with blinding flash or the heal anymore (though still a quite good skills)
    Sweeping wind damage has been buffed by about 32% so depending on how you snapshotted it coukd a net buff combined with TR changes.

If you just used blinding flash to snapshot you scored big time

If you use deadly reach plus blinding flash its probably still a buff since TR will hit so hard now

If you put together a whole separate set of gear.....youre taking a huge hit. Sell now while you can

Personally at my DPS level blinding flash alone was plenty so im doing the happy dance.

Your mileage may vary
    I honestly did not think they would fix the problem this way and remove the snapshot concept. What I would have preferred them to do is to prevent any gear swapping aside from weapons. (That gear has to be 'locked' by the player or you literally can't use abilities, exception being weapons). Removing snapshot as a concept simply dumbs the game down. The gear swap was the issue not the intricacy of snapshotting.

At least I did not steer any of you in the wrong direction and I made it very clear that I do not advocate gear swapping.

After the contest results are posted, I will update the main post guide accordingly. This update will largely involve removing snapshot information and adding things like Blazing light.

We still really did not get nerfed at all and I would say overall it is a buff even with snapshot removal.
    Quote from SolusCoda

While the loss of snapshotting may be a net negative result, it will really free up build options. You won't be forced to run with blinding flash or the heal anymore (though still a quite good skills)

Just remove temporary buffs from your skill repertoire like blind and stop using gearswap -> you can use Serenity or SSS in a TR build and still deal the same damage (if not more thanks to buffed TR itself). Only people seeing great decrease from this are those abusing the snapshot mechanic with really high attack speed via gear swap.
    Quote from ballon

Quote from SolusCoda

Just remove temporary buffs from your skill repertoire like blind and stop using gearswap -> you can use Serenity or SSS in a TR build and still deal the same damage (if not more thanks to buffed TR itself). Only people seeing great decrease from this are those abusing the snapshot mechanic with really high attack speed via gear swap.

I think this needs clarification so I'll assist:

If you gear swapped to abuse snapshot you are fucked.

If you used abilities to abuse snapshot you got a buff.

(Just don't want someone to take your info out of context)
    Thanks for this, I have been messing around with tempest rush based on this and it is great fun.
    This Build is now completely amazing on the PTR, Shredding through MP3 like it was MP0. Whereas on Live MP1 got annoying at times

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Genndori-1959/hero/20801406

Thats the setup im running just for frame of reference
    Quote from Genndori

This Build is now completely amazing on the PTR, Shredding through MP3 like it was MP0. Whereas on Live MP1 got annoying at times

http://us.battle.net...9/hero/20801406

Thats the setup im running just for frame of reference

I was gauging pricing on amulets, how much was yours for reference?
    Quote from Sell

If you used abilities to abuse snapshot you got a buff.

So, I did want to confirm this ^.

I did some testing on the PTR (MP10 Nightmare Belial with tiny dps (around 1500))

Specfically i just started SW with no dps boosts and got a decent idea on SW damage, I then let SW drop, flashed blinding light and the dmg DID go up, BUT, as soon as BL fell off, so did the damage, so it's clear that the SW dmg is now fully dynamic to our active buffs.

May have not needed to be said, but I wanted to make it clear that snapshotting is completely dead.
    Quote from Sell

I was gauging pricing on amulets, how much was yours for reference?

As a frame of reference, I sold a 9.5 CC, 1.73 Spirit regen Xeph for ~59 mil a week or so ago.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes