Tempest Rushing: The right way.

Quote from Turdragin

Quote from Sell

If you used abilities to abuse snapshot you got a buff.

So, I did want to confirm this ^.

I did some testing on the PTR (MP10 Nightmare Belial with tiny dps (around 1500))

Specfically i just started SW with no dps boosts and got a decent idea on SW damage, I then let SW drop, flashed blinding light and the dmg DID go up, BUT, as soon as BL fell off, so did the damage, so it's clear that the SW dmg is now fully dynamic to our active buffs.

May have not needed to be said, but I wanted to make it clear that snapshotting is completely dead.

Thats correct snapshot is dead ;). I am stating that if prior to this patch if you used snapshots without abusing with gearswap, you will receive an overall buff after the patch is live.

Snapshots dead, damage was buffed to compensate, we now have more free skill slots [for me probably only one mebbe more will have to see how it plays out]. Reflect damage should be less of a bitch if they don't start in reflect mode. Overall we got a buff.

PS: Thanks for the answer on amulet pricing
    ^ talkig about skills; is a spirit generator actually needed? Although I can't really think of anyother useful skill apart from getting in BoH:BW and keeping blinding flash.
    Maybe keen eye could be useful for tougher elite packs, too.
    Do you guys think this build will be superior for farming gear in the next patch at lower mp since the buff to Tempest Rush or is dw mp 10 still the way to go for gear grinding?
    I use tempest rush mp0-10 and will continue to do so. In my opinion, even when DWing tempest rush is amazing for positioning and avoiding damage.

I never remove it. Even with my 3 attacks per second set up I use tempest rush to go between monsters.
    Quote from SolusCoda

I use tempest rush mp0-10 and will continue to do so. In my opinion, even when DWing tempest rush is amazing for positioning and avoiding damage.

I never remove it. Even with my 3 attacks per second set up I use tempest rush to go between monsters.

Do you run mp 10 sucesfully with your gear? o.0
    Quote from Spatten

Quote from SolusCoda

The gear you are looking at on my profile is 1/2 my snapshot set, so yes, mp10 is easy.

1.07 will change things of course, I do have a 180k dps set with 1200 LoH, 6% LS, and 650 AR so we shall see when we get there if I can handle mp10 then.
    Quote from SolusCoda

Quote from Spatten

Quote from SolusCoda

The gear you are looking at on my profile is 1/2 my snapshot set, so yes, mp10 is easy.

1.07 will change things of course, I do have a 180k dps set with 1200 LoH, 6% LS, and 650 AR so we shall see when we get there if I can handle mp10 then.

aa okey that makes more sence :)
    Molster was kind enough to help me move my contest entry to the first post. I will remove the snapshot info and update the guide later this week.
    any one tested the new rubies ? are they worth changeing from emeralds ?
    Quote from Kakakarot

I changed my emerald to a ruby, dropped my dps by about 2k, but for killing trash it seems to work out better. If you crit, trash is dead anyway, no difference in causing 4 times or 5 times damage on a crit. But on the attacks you don't crit, you actually cause significantly more damage, your damage overall becomes more consistent, causing less backtracking. Also, the dps loss is so minimal, you hardly even notice it when fighting elites.

Since snapshotting got removed, I suggest heal with blazing wrath instead of blind, though.
    Quote from K√ľken

Quote from Kakakarot

I changed my emerald to a ruby, dropped my dps by about 2k, but for killing trash it seems to work out better. If you crit, trash is dead anyway, no difference in causing 4 times or 5 times damage on a crit. But on the attacks you don't crit, you actually cause significantly more damage, your damage overall becomes more consistent, causing less backtracking. Also, the dps loss is so minimal, you hardly even notice it when fighting elites.

Since snapshotting got removed, I suggest heal with blazing wrath instead of blind, though.

yeah i was thinkin same way since u dont need so much power from crit will try do some runs on MP1
    BTW Iim 180k buffed monk and i use blazin wrath
    Nice post dude.
    I'd like to know what soj should I use if Inna's belt has + %holy dmg and fire storm gives fire dmg.
    Should I find one with + fire or holy or it does not matter ? Actually I have cold % on my soj.
    Quote from kosa4321

Nice post dude.
    I'd like to know what soj should I use if Inna's belt has + %holy dmg and fire storm gives fire dmg.
    Should I find one with + fire or holy or it does not matter ? Actually I have cold % on my soj.

The type of elemental damage on your SOJ makes no difference what so ever. The + elemental % affix is a bit confusing but heres how it works: It adds the +% to any and only physical damage your weapon(s) does. It's a buff to your weapon damage, not your skills.
    Quote from ArmeleonEU

The type of elemental damage on your SOJ makes no difference what so ever. The + elemental % affix is a bit confusing but heres how it works: It adds the +% to any and only physical damage your weapon(s) does. It's a buff to your weapon damage, not your skills.

thx for explanation
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes