Tempest Rushing: The right way.

Thanks for posting this guide. I gave up on TB builds along time ago, but this got me back into it again.

I'm still having issues with reflect dmg hordes. Theres just too many of them and I can't nuke them with one SSS. Do you guys think a 1000 LOH ammy would be beneficial? Or would a lifesteal skorn be the only way to survive a BELL drop

Don't use the bell against reflect. Play on MP0. Get some resists + armor. LoH helps, 6% LS is better.

Note that LS applies after reflect, so even with 500% life steal you can get one-shot if you deal too much damage and have no resists.
    My monk Vin
    Hmm, I find when SSS doesn't kill the pack there's enough health globes left behind to keep health up while killing the rest of the reflect pack. YMMV depending on health/resist. I don't run any steal/LoH anymore.
    hi
    short advice for searching stones of jordan for spirit regen (since its annoying that you cant search for any stat on the ring if you are searching for the item)

4) enjoy only finding stones of jordan with spirit regen :) (you can select monk skill bonus, too, if you like to search for specific ones)

btw if there is a great interest in a video, i'll try to do one with a rough xp/hour calculation. never frapsed d3 though... it should work.

where is the link to this video?

Exactly my question
    I have a signature so you can see my post and that post rating count icon (along with hand icon) do not overlay my post. If you do not have a signature, for the sake of others, please make one.
    I tried looking for videos myself, yet I haven't found any video of monk being faster than my wd significantly enough that I could judge that fact just by watching a video. All of the TR monks were either as fast as me or if faster, within the limit's of eye's judgement.
    I have a signature so you can see my post and that post rating count icon (along with hand icon) do not overlay my post. If you do not have a signature, for the sake of others, please make one.
    I've already answered questions regarding the video. Re-read the thread. I have little tolerance for questions on things that have been addressed.
    Hey.

Thanks for your tips. I used to run a tempest rush - complemented DW build with TR purely used to get to the next pack. Then I tried Skorn and pure TR, and it felt awful at first. I kept dying, SSS felt like it was doing nothing at all, and I ended up being way slower than before.

However, after some time and getting used to, I think, I got the hang of it. I only have 150k dps with SoJ, so even on MP0, I have to backtrack a little sometimes, but I am definitely running faster than before. I use Fulminating Assault for SSS over cooldown reduction, because I had trouble with illusionists, horde and multiple stacked elite packs. Fulminating Assault's AoE component just blows everything up and doesn't care about a few additional mobs, which I prefer over the reduced cooldown.

I still die or get delayed occasionally by certain circumstances, mostly by encountering multiple reflect packs. Also, I still have some spirit issues; I am at about 11.3 regeneration with inner storm and 10.8 cost for Tempest Rush; however, the occasional refreshing of TR and Mantra results in me running in an elite pack and then dying because of lack of spirit for SSS. But still, it works very fluently most of the time, I make about 60m xp/hour (I am not the most efficient xp runner, I like to backtrack to kill single mobs and explore the area a little more ;) ).

I've already answered questions regarding the video. Re-read the thread. I have little tolerance for questions on things that have been addressed.

Since you are the OP, you should update the main thread ( Yes, there is a button that is entitled "Edit". It really exists! )
    And because you haven't done that it can only mean that you are either:
    a) lazy
    b) rude

Idc which, pick one.
    i dont think you'r serious^^ it's a forum, we are discussing the topic, which is now 4 pages long. if you want to discuss the topic, read it :)

btw maybe you wont find a monk that is faster than the witchdoctor, i dont know how fast they can be. but the double-sprint with cooldownreduction seems quite powerful. so maybe they are faster.

this is not the topic though :)

if anyone is interested i can try to record a video of me farming with this technique. i average about 55-60 mio xp if i just calculate a run to xp/h. on top of that is ofc identifying, relogging, chatting... whatever ;)

Since you are the OP, you should update the main thread ( Yes, there is a button that is entitled "Edit". It really exists! )
    a) lazy
    B) rude

Idc which, pick one.

He is either lazy or rude, because he went through the effort of providing a lot of scattered information in a central location? Then answering any additional questions that came up? Yeah, the typical definition of someone who is lazy or rude.

Don't be an ungrateful douche.

I've already answered questions regarding the video. Re-read the thread.

a) lazy
    B) rude

The irony in your statement is astounding... and I don't even think you realize it...
    I run some tests and must say this is not the only "right way" imo. At some point when you got high base dmg you can easily get more dps without soj and MoC simply by having a decent ring. I tried soj + MoC over nat's and MoH and I actually do less dmg. That is considering that we want to have the hellfire ring on also.

I run some tests and must say this is not the only "right way" imo. At some point when you got high base dmg you can easily get more dps without soj and MoC simply by having a decent ring. I tried soj + MoC over nat's and MoH and I actually do less dmg. That is considering that we want to have the hellfire ring on also.

SoJ+MoC being worse for damage than Nat's and MoH Is wrong.

You will not find a simple/single ring that will give you +24% overall damage increase like Mantra of Conviction: Overawe does. In effort to help you forget about this 'testing' you did and keep you well informed I will humor you point by point as to why these statements are incorrect.

Nats ring adds attack speed and makes Tempest Rushing harder due to requiring MORE Spirit Regeneration: Strike one. Nat's 7% Critical Hit Chance does not close the gap of a +24% damage increase making getting the Nat's set over Mantra of Conviction: Overawe not even close to worth it: Strike 2. You are assuming that your character sheet damage is all that matters with this build which is incorrect: Ball 1. No bonus to Sweeping Winds or Bonus Elemental Damage [huge] from the Stone of Jordan: Strike 3 - You're out.

Sure, you can juggle some abilities around when you hit certain Spirit Regeneration levels or damage levels, but the statements you are saying are entirely incorrect. Assuming one ring slot is a hellfire ring for both scenarios: Dropping Stone of Jordan and Mantra of Conviction: Overawe in favor of getting a Nats ring for a 7% Critical Hit Chance set bonus and Mantra of Healing: Circular Breathing to make up for the Spirit Regeneration loss will not get you MORE DPS anywhere other than your character sheet and is wrong as your character sheet does not entirely dictate the damage you will be doing with this build.
    Though I don't really like playing this build I must say this is a really interesting read thank you very much, Sell.
    Look at my monk dynas#2970
    I had to swap gloves for non ias ones + pick up radius. I have 150k dps unbuffed and I do alkaizer run in 9-10min. It is not perma tempest rush because sometimes i have to stop and hit 3-4 times to get my spirit back but it is usually when my SSS doesnt kill an alite pack so anyway i'm forced to stop TR. I'm thinking of recording video but i still think someone will be faster than me.

BTW I don't like soj because it's expensive and i lack of dps while using it and then i have to turn around to kill trash more often.
    nice guide, thumbs up
    I'm trying this out (and btw getting 4.75 s/regen is hard while keeping up dps), but I'm noticing I'm having to run back and forth in mobs. I'm curious what damage level do you need to do a one pass on most mobs for this to really be fast?

i dont think you'r serious^^ it's a forum, we are discussing the topic, which is now 4 pages long. if you want to discuss the topic, read it :)

btw maybe you wont find a monk that is faster than the witchdoctor, i dont know how fast they can be. but the double-sprint with cooldownreduction seems quite powerful. so maybe they are faster.

this is not the topic though :)

if anyone is interested i can try to record a video of me farming with this technique. i average about 55-60 mio xp if i just calculate a run to xp/h. on top of that is ofc identifying, relogging, chatting... whatever ;)

i had TR videos up when i first started experimenting with it before Sell made this awesome thread. I didnt use the exact same build, but people can search my name for videos. I should play the game and do a few recorded runs with my build and this one to see some differences for people. I have around 11-13 spirit regen now but lowered to only 84K dps if i remember right (havent played in about 2 months)
    heavymetal#1322
    http://us.battle.net...22/hero/3153312 (wiz)
    http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/heavymetal-1322/hero/8654665 (monk)
    my twitch feed (just messing around, no super player or anything)
    http://www.justin.tv/heavymetalmak
    actually just looked up my character sheet on battle net. I have 12.22 spirt regen with MoH. and with guardians path that puts it up to 16.497 when using my skorn. thats probably a little much, but i wasnt running out. Maybe tomorrow i'll log on and run it with MoC to see what happens.

that means if i run with the Templar i have 18.476 spirit regen. thats a ton and i dont ever run out. i have the standard 1.08APS, so that much is an overkill. if i did my math correctly, if i change to MoC from MoH, it should be 13.94 spirit regen with the Templar and guardian's path. i believe that would be plenty.

edit#2
    my math was wrong. the percentages of GP and the templar add together first to make it 1.47 * my current spirit regen. so with MoC its 9.14 before sweeping wind - inner storm and 12.14 after. so once SW is up, that should be enough. we'll see. my spirit regen when using MoH - circular breathing, templar, GP, and Inner storm would be 17.96, which is still overkill.

I just want some dps back.
    heavymetal#1322
    http://us.battle.net...22/hero/3153312 (wiz)
    http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/heavymetal-1322/hero/8654665 (monk)
    my twitch feed (just messing around, no super player or anything)
    http://www.justin.tv/heavymetalmak
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes