Need advice for weapon upgrades

I got a 180m budget, and i want to buy some dual wielding weapons for high MP-key runs and Uberbosses.
    I am useing a TR build for low MP farming right now, but I don't think is so great for high MP boss fights.
    I'm thinking about buying a Echoing Fury and another 1hander.
    Or should i upgrade my gear instead and keep my TR build?
    If you have any advice for me that would be great, even if is not conserning weapon upgreads.

My profile name is: Vohtz#2334

Link to my profile:
    http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Vohtz-2334/hero/4217412
    TR isnt viable on higher mps without gear worth a few billion. Thats being said. If you wanne do higher mps for what ever reason i would recommand some sort of cookiecutter build. I wouldnt throw the whole budget on 2 new 1handers.

Things i would upgrade:

- Chest with stacking resist
    - Radiance with double resist
    - Pants with stackings resist
    - Try get avg. dmg on ring. Avg. dmg is a huge damage boost for dw! I would replace your current rare ring with a unity. High dex, high avg dmg(at least like 50) and stacking resist.
    - Your current crafted neck would be fine with just one more affix. It just misses the ccd. :( Two 1handers dont get you as much ccd as your skorn. You will looose a shitton of ccd and you should make up some of those on your neck. Currently amulets are cheap on ah. Just try to find a cheap one with high avg dmg, dex, loh, high cc and +60 ccd.

You will proberly loose some dex but for higher mp you need the extra resist.

- Get better gems which helps your TR farming as well
    I would upgrade all gems for armor to 50dex gems and the weapon gem to a 100%.

In terms of weapons i realy dont like echoing fury for higher mps. The constant fear procs are annoying as fuk tbh. If you cant oneshot mobs they will most likely gettin feared outta your cyclones which results in lower damage output. Im using a rare axe atm as mainhand and a won khim lau for offhand.

A decent mainhand with dex, ls, ccd and socket is out of your current budget. So i would skip the ls on mainhand. I got a pretty cheap wkl with like 830dps, approx 70 ccd and 2,5% ls for like 20mil. Just make sure you get +20% bonus to lightning skills and "adds 6% to lightning damage". Even if you have to give up some weapon dps. Its better picking a 25% lightning skills and 6% lightning dmg with 830dps then a 16% and 5% with 880dps...

- "Black Damage" Mainhand with high dex, open socket and ccd. I got my axe with +230 dex and 960dps for 15mil.

Since you are using an inna´s favor this way youll get a nice dmg. boost. Belt+WKL adds like 12-14% to your "physical weapon damage".

F.E. if you are using a weapon without any kind of elemental dmg on it and lets say

500 - 1000 Damage

this will result in

560/570 to 1120/1140 Damage
    Quote from Shinna1989

TR isnt viable on higher mps without gear worth a few billion. Thats being said. If you wanne do higher mps for what ever reason i would recommand some sort of cookiecutter build.

TR/Bell actually is perfectly viable at MP10 and Ubers and should be considered the new cookiecutter build as it exceeds in almost every aspect of the game. It's by far the fastest leveling-spec a monk could possibly have at the moment. It's faster than any other class at farming demonic essences. It does not need any gear-modification based on the MP you want to play on - it's perfectly fine to farm anything ranging from Mp0 to Mp10. It just uses slight skill-modifications when doing Ubers while still staying competitive without any extra needed gear (tho you could min/max it with some additional investments ofc) and last but not least: It's just so absurdly easy to play.
    I highly doubt you can efficiently farm with tr on mp6+ on the same pace compared to a dw build for the same amount of gold to spend. TR "works" on higher mp but its weaker then "standard dw builds". Otherwise all top geared monks would have already made the switch. Wouldnt they? ;)
    Quote from Shinna1989

I highly doubt you can efficiently farm with tr on mp6+ on the same pace compared to a dw build for the same amount of gold to spend. TR "works" on higher mp but its weaker then "standard dw builds". Otherwise all top geared monks would have already made the switch. Wouldnt they? ;)

Would you make the change in an instant if a build became viable after almost 8 months of game availibilty and after having invested tens of billiosn of gold into your current build which is still working as intended? I wouldn't. Does not change the fact, however, that belling is at least on par and it's also way cheaper than the typical DW-build (speaking about hundreds of millions here - not needing any trifecta gear more than cuts your cost in half) - what keeps the top players from switching is the simple fact, that for them, it's a whole overhaul equipment-wise and people tend to think it'll just get nerfed in the next patch, 'cause it's performing a little too good.
    Quote from Shinna1989

I personally think it's the opposite way around. TR/WoL seems like one of the most cost effective specs/builds in the game for farming Exp, Demonic Essence, and Legendary items.

The reason why "top geared" monks are DW, is because DW lets their DPS go higher which is one of the reasons why they're considered top geared in the first place.

I wear less than 500m of gear not counting the account bound stuff, and do fine in farming MP10 and solo'ing ubers.
    Too casual to upload anything new these days.
    Quote from Shinna1989

If you are speaking of pure tr, you are right, there is just no way to inflict enough damage to use it on higher mps. However, combine it with bell like all the other posts suggest and you have one of the most efficient specs to date.

I was sceptical at first as well, but even with just minor adjustments to my dw gear (cheap skorn with lifeleech, soj and back from Mempo and Witching Hour to Inna's set) it easily outperforms dual wielding on lower and higher mp alike, even though my sheet dps drops significantly.
    Quote from TianZi

Quote from Shinna1989

The reason why "top geared" monks are DW, is because DW lets their DPS go higher which is one of the reasons why they're considered top geared in the first place.

Im not talking about their d3progress gear. If you follow some streams they are still using dw for farming.
    Quote from Küken

Quote from Shinna1989

If you are speaking of pure tr, you are right, there is just no way to inflict enough damage to use it on higher mps. However, combine it with bell like all the other posts suggest and you have one of the most efficient specs to date.

I was sceptical at first as well, but even with just minor adjustments to my dw gear (cheap skorn with lifeleech, soj and back from Mempo and Witching Hour to Inna's set) it easily outperforms dual wielding on lower and higher mp alike, even though my sheet dps drops significantly.

Weird. I did the same and ended up being like 30% slower compared to my dw setup. I swaped in my old inna´s belt for 4pc as well and used a 2.03 soj with only 27% vs. elites. Maybe my skorn was just too bad...1280something with barely above 150ccd and ls.

This is my standard high mp farming buid: http://eu.battle.net...eVkg!UZX!acbaaY
    I used this for the tr testing: http://eu.battle.net...eSQg!Udb!cZbYZY

EDIT: Just tried ToF/Quickning for extra spi regen to spam more bells. Still 16% slower then my dw build...:( Either im awful at this build/my gear sucks or dw is still better...
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes