Anyone else love the new bell?

only thing i noticed is the pillar feels kind of clumsy... as if there was some kind of a delay or sth. like that. sometimes my monk just doesn't cast it even though i have the energy.

i kind of wish the explosive rune wouldn't have that stupid knockback, since it's definitely the best usability wise.
    on the other hand...why would we have a spirit spender, who doesn't have a major drawback, besides mantras XD
    The bell is totally worth it for farming XP on lower MP's. Even though it has a knockback, if you have 100k+ dps then it literally 1 shots most trash (and it has a large damage radius, most times I cast it on big packs I get 20+ enemies in one blow, then followed by another 20+ etc etc) and stuns elites with the stun rune.
    new bell is awesome
    Indeed i'v found plenty of uses for the skill after the buff. Combined with tempest rush its clearly the choice Demonic Essence farming. I do this on mp 3-5 and get an average of 35-40 essences per hour. And as mentioned earlier in this thread the Blinding Light rune is very viable for ubers.

The obvious weakness of the skill is the knock back effect. This ruins the skill for use on high MP group play. Basically if trash doesn't die to 1 WOL, the skill sucks. Since the knock back spreads mobs around whichis the thing you want for efficient clearing.
    Ive heard a lot of people complaining about the explosion rune knocking back, but on the flipside is you can cast another exploding bell and it will hit those knocked back mobs anyway.

It is also great for elite packs that like to spread out on you

The best Rune for WOL IMO

I use a Skorn/TR Build though and those bells are much much more potent than a Build based on IAS, since IAS doesnt improve bell damage at all.

On a good exploding bell I can wipe out an entire elite pack on MP4, it can crit for over 4 million
    Indeed the explosion rune has its' uses but I love how the regular bell spreads the damage over 3 ticks. This reduces the damage variation caused by crit chance greatly. For example when I'm farming on a MP where 1/3 crits is enough to kill a blue elite with 1 hit, this means I have over 90% chance of one shotting a blue elite with WOL.

The knockback is an annoyance with all the runes, but with the explosion it feels clearly the worst to me. No doubt the exploding bell can kill an entire pack with 1 bell, but so can any of the other runes for that matter. In my experience the average kill time per pack is quickest with Empowered or Wall of Light, depending on the combination of build and chosen MP level.

I simply prefer the simple AoE mechanic of the normal bell. I always know which mobs will be hit if I drop a bell in place x. Where as with the explosion, it can hit mobs that are further away, but just as well it can miss mobs that are further away.
    The problem with the other runes is that not all elite packs are close enough together for a regular bells small aoe range....the exploding bell rune. With explosive light it will kill just about everything on the screen...and ive tried every single rune. Explosive light is by far the best once you get used to it

I use a Skorn/TR Build though and those bells are much much more potent than a Build based on IAS, since IAS doesnt improve bell damage at all.

Not directly, but if you have a build that generates spirit based on critical hits, then indirectly it increases the damage, since more attack speed = more crits = more spirit = more bells
    Bell is worth it.If not for efficiency then for fun factor.For me personally its just mega fun to just drop a freaking big ass bad ass bell wtih ~55.5% that wrecks face.

I only play on MP10, so all my experience with the new bell is based on that.

I don't like it at all. Exploding Palm, both in group play and solo, is so much more potent. It's best when playing solo, but not much worse in group play.

The bell is costly and has little impact on elite/champion packs. It's awesome for clearing trash, but that's not really something we need to worry about. Exploding Palm does the same thing, but more efficient.

The only downside to Exploding Palm is that it doesn't pair up well with Echoing Fury. That's why I've sold my EF (a few months ago), since I've used Exploding Palm for such a long time.

Unless the gap between MP 9 and 10 is extremely huge, I respectfully disagree in every aspect.

I find Exploding Palm to be nearly waste of valuable spirit and talent slot.

During PTR right after the Bell buffs were announced, I tested a DW (fast OH) ~170k unbuffed DPS "cookie cutter" vs. FoT-Quickening/WoL-EW. And Quickening/WoL took MINUTES off my MP 8/9 runs.

Yes, WoL take some skill/practice. But it's actually really good on Elites. I'm finding myself on live servers in group play go up against Wizards nuking with Arcane/Meteor with each of us on an extra-health Elite and mine is nuked soooooo much faster with a few Bells compared their few spells then I come help finish their mob off, lol... I've yet to see another class nuke faster.

Right now in group play I do MP 7 (could go higher but then it's so slow) with Quickeing/WoL-EW and TR (to find elites faster - my aps is ~1.1) with a life-steal Skorn. And yeah, VoA @ MP1 with TR/WoL (or LTK) is insanly fast for Essence farming.

So anyways, yeah, I can see some players just not like the knockback or suck at using it. But WoL is more than viable at high MP and argubly the most damage from my testing in practice.

The obvious weakness of the skill is the knock back effect. This ruins the skill for use on high MP group play. Basically if trash doesn't die to 1 WOL, the skill sucks. Since the knock back spreads mobs around whichis the thing you want for efficient clearing.

Seriously with practice it's not bad at all. Heck, I'd say ~30% of the elites don't get knocked back being there is a wall or another stun-effect. And when they do get knocked-back, most of the time it isn't far and quite often it's actually good for the group to interrupt attacking.

You haters realize FoT knocks-back to an extent too, right? lol...

"Sometimes" it's an issue for CM Wizards but, again, with practice you can minimize the knock-back significantly or wait till you have 150/250 spirit then nuke it dead.

As much as mobs move around, I really don't understand why knock-back is an issue outside of CM Wizards, and again, that can be minimized. An Echoing Fury makes you chase mobs much, much more inefficiently and many still use it @ high MP.
    I love it, granted I play on low MP since I've been gone from the game for a while, but I love the new changes.
    I love how explosive light wipes out everything on the screen :D
    Make your peace...Quickly!
    I just tried it out and I can tell its really good. However the spirit cost is really high, so I have to use rune which reduces its cost to 40.

Playing on mp5, decent stuff.
    I dont like the bell, it has to be aimed, it costs a lot, and double builder spec does way more damage
    It's really nice for mid-high level farming and Ubers as well. Having such a large AoE radius makes it easy to avoid taking damage I can actually play in MP10 fairly well (even solo'ing ubers) with only 330k eHP because of it.
    Too casual to upload anything new these days.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes