Anyone else love the new bell?

atleast for solo play, at mp7 i can pretty much oneshot big packs of non elites, crits for about 1 mil and some afterdamage, since u can't snapshot with blindingflash anymore its really nice for solo, i guess exploding palm would be better for group play

thoughts?
    I only play on MP10, so all my experience with the new bell is based on that.

I don't like it at all. Exploding Palm, both in group play and solo, is so much more potent. It's best when playing solo, but not much worse in group play.

The bell is costly and has little impact on elite/champion packs. It's awesome for clearing trash, but that's not really something we need to worry about. Exploding Palm does the same thing, but more efficient.

The only downside to Exploding Palm is that it doesn't pair up well with Echoing Fury. That's why I've sold my EF (a few months ago), since I've used Exploding Palm for such a long time.
    for group or for solo, on higher MP, the Bells should always be used for the 3 second stun, for me at least
    I was never a fan of the Bell. I tryed it out last night and realy enjoyed it. I still think the costs is a little high, but I"m finding very useful.
    I'm having to use combination strike + deadly reach with foresight because I'm kind of squishy. So I need constant good dmg to survive and not be kiting around all day at mp8+
    for lower mp levels I guess bell is fine. Anyways, anything is fine at lower mp levels
    It's pretty awesome one shotting elites with it now. Yeah. Love the bell.
    I wish they'd drop the cost because it just costs too much making Exalted Soul pretty much mandatory. Spirit generation is just too slow.
    sto lavorando
    i sticked with cyclone strike: implosion on my monk, but its just alt for fun :) anyway i love that skill and ppl in party too :)
    Was MONK_100, changed computer, now MONK_101.

Sitting at 200k DPS unbuffed with LS5.7% and 800 LOH, I used to play MP5-7.

From time to time, I'll play MP10. With exalted soul, I have excess in spirit and the bell helps me to vent this out.

At MP10, I need the massisve destructive power of the bell with the stunt and my health returns in full everytime I launch it.

With a little bit of AS for spirit regen, it is just wonderful in all aspects.

As for EP, I need to time as I can't kill elite within seconds. But I suspect it is more useful in multiplayer games.
    when i use it, i normaly have the empowered rune, reduce cost 40 spirit
    edit: wrong post on wrong thread.

Yeah im loving the new bell its freaking awesome! I also use the empowered rune.
    Quote from vioche

atleast for solo play, at mp7 i can pretty much oneshot big packs of non elites, crits for about 1 mil and some afterdamage, since u can't snapshot with blindingflash anymore its really nice for solo, i guess exploding palm would be better for group play

thoughts?

I might be in the minority, but I absolutely love how Wave of Light has been buffed, and it's in fact a huge part of my Monk's build even with the high Spirit cost.

Mainly because I have Transcendence as a passive. High Spirit Spender + Transcendence = a nice chunk of life returned, and that's without any items to buff LPSS (yet). Combine that with my Spirit Generation system being Way of the Hundred Fists - Fists of Fury and Breath of Heaven - Infused with Light, which, while dual-wielding, can return just about all my Spirit in the blink of an eye. Before the patch, though, since Wave of Light (even with the Wall of Light rune) wasn't that strong, I needed to keep protected so I had on stuff like One With Everything, and Beacon of Ytar along with Seven-Sided Strike. However, since the patch hit, I've switched out Seven-Sided Strike with Exploding Palm -The Flesh Is Weak and Beacon of Ytar for Exalted Soul (for the extra 100 Spirit) and I can now handle MP2 with only moderate difficulty. Past couple of days, not only have legendaries been coming fairly steadily, but I even found my first two set items, both on my Wizard right now.

Plus, the Wall of Light rune boosts the bell's damage to 1202%, which can be pretty devastating...and The Flesh is Weak is a great dual purpose rune that helps make larger packs of bad guys MUCH more manageable, while adding on additional damage inflicted along with what Overawe already adds when fighting single target. And with Fists of Fury procing Infused with Light to restore Spirit really fast, when I store up 250 Spirit with Exalted Soul, I can knock out 3 big bells rapid fire, sometimes after popping a Palm and Overawe right before.

Yeah, Wave of Light should absolutely not be underestimated. :-)
    Pre AH-shutdown Transcendence/Spirit Regen build, used only found and crafted gear and gems, could handle MP7.
    I tried using Fists of Thunder + Quickening rune (15 spirit per critical hit on *each target*), and I can pretty much spam the Wave of Light + Blinding Light (3 sec stun). On bosses and elites it's kinda like Perma Stun. It's really fun and with FoT+Quickening the spirit cost becomes trivial. With so much spirit coming in though, I think it's best to use Exalted Soul passive.

The only gripe with this build is public games and the knockback. CM wizards hate the bell. Period. And because it can't 1 shot trash on high mp on 4 player game, it's pretty much becoming a nightmare. I love to run this build on solo though, makes it possible to easily solo ubers as well. running on mp6 solo for xp farming, at 150k dps self buffed with 40+% crit chance this bell pretty much 1 shots all trash, and FoT+Quickening generates enough spirit to pretty much perma stun elites (yellow ones don't get knockback), and blue elites you need to corner them and spam the bell. Here's the build:

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/monk#aeXgSk!UbX!YYbbca
    Atm I try different builds, one with 18 Spirit/sec and lower damage but the possibilty to TR and Bell in MP2...Bell spam is just fun, maybe not the most efficent way but I love it.

Mostly I run MP5 and switched out my Unity for a Stone of Jordan and an Inna head with Spirit reg so I can run with about 450 AR with mostly not dying and real fast killing.

'Happy monk atm:)
    For my 2 pence on the matter I really enjoyed it as someone with less dps it was great fun to do such a large amount of damage for once in a lifetime :)
    New bell owns face, nuff said.
    Loving it, only problem is that I don't have a life steal weapon and I quite often one shot myself against reflect.
    Quote from Zuchi

I tried using Fists of Thunder + Quickening rune (15 spirit per critical hit on *each target*), and I can pretty much spam the Wave of Light + Blinding Light (3 sec stun). On bosses and elites it's kinda like Perma Stun. It's really fun and with FoT+Quickening the spirit cost becomes trivial. With so much spirit coming in though, I think it's best to use Exalted Soul passive.

The only gripe with this build is public games and the knockback. CM wizards hate the bell. Period. And because it can't 1 shot trash on high mp on 4 player game, it's pretty much becoming a nightmare. I love to run this build on solo though, makes it possible to easily solo ubers as well. running on mp6 solo for xp farming, at 150k dps self buffed with 40+% crit chance this bell pretty much 1 shots all trash, and FoT+Quickening generates enough spirit to pretty much perma stun elites (yellow ones don't get knockback), and blue elites you need to corner them and spam the bell. Here's the build:

http://eu.battle.net...XgSk!UbX!YYbbca

yeah i have a cm wizard friend, he dosent like me when i use it :D, thats why i said in op thats it mainly for solo play or when theres no wizards in group, i havent tried the rune that stuns on crit but i don't have any spirit generators except FOT so..
    anyway the buff is huge and people should try it out, the exploding palm buff is really nice aswell, havent tried it much after the buff, but i used it alot in group play on high mp's before so it should be even better now
    why is nobody using the pillar ? it seems to make way more damage and has less knockback?!
    I was actually about to test the WoL build with the pillar Kerb ... see if its worth it or not.

Edit:

Well, it does work pretty well on mp7-8 using with blinding flash @ faith in the light, really easy and the pack goes boom with 3-4 casts, but i've some mixed feeling using it on mp9+ ... seems like i need the 3seconds stun from blinding light (maybe because i still have some gearing to do) or the WoL spam with empowered.
    Sorry about my english, still learning.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes