New At Monk and keep on dieing all the timel

Hey all

I'm new to all this monk and I was wondering how I could optimse my gear so I don't die all the time on Inferno

This is my profile

any Tips or hints would be very much appreciated

eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Kenshi-2342/hero/13833426
    I see two major items that will contribute to your death issue.

- No All Res. You need an All Res of at least 400 or so. This can be garnered through +All Res on gear or by choosing a primary resistance and the passive "One with Everything"
    - More vitality. The more life you have the longer you live. Change the dex gems for vitality until you can pick up the vit on other pieces. I prefer 36k to 40K HP myself.

An example of both would be my monk http://us.battle.net...66/hero/3207488 . I chose Fire resistance as my primary resistance. Fire resistance as a primary res can be expensive, but it also has some good legendaries that can roll with very high resistances along side the fire res. Cinder Coat, one of the legendaries can roll with 100+ fire res and 50 all res, as well as sockets, so it can be a good defensive chest.
    http://www.diablofans.com/topic/86780-how-to-build-a-3mil-gold-gear-set-for-a-monk/

Just replace both 1handers with a 2h and avoid gettin attackspeed on gear since it just drains your spirit faster without any benefit for you at all.
    Words of wisdom: Don't follow the advice of people who won't have to deal with the consequences.
    Even though you might hold your inna's staff very dear, I suggest you get a onehander with LoH (life on hit is good for beginners when you don't have enough DPS to heal yourself with life steal), You can go dual wield but you might also want to use a shield.

You need more allres and armor!! and more vitality.
    If it's too expensive or hard to find gear with both armor and allres, you can go for only allres (1 allres = 10 armor in damage reduction)
    You can also go for one resistance, and use the passive "one with everything".

I also suggest using another build. Here's one that I put together that works really good to survive inferno.
    http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/monk#aTXSgQ!aUV!aabYac
    Make your peace...Quickly!
    Just for the sake of proving the importance of defensive stats, which other posters have already stated, I'll link you my monk.

My monk has half the dps of you, but triple the resist according to diabloprogress, 20k higher health and more armor. I'm sure you can get at least some of that survival, while keeping the better portion of your damage, since you obviously don't need to fear death that much.

http://eu.battle.net...3/hero/24099666

Oh, and another thing I just noticed after posting: Get some more crit chance! If you want to use Sweeping Winds with Cyclone, a lot of your aoe damage should come from the tornadoes, which only procs on critical hits.
    Quote from Elendiro

Even though you might hold your inna's staff very dear, I suggest you get a onehander with LoH (life on hit is good for beginners when you don't have enough DPS to heal yourself with life steal), You can go dual wield but you might also want to use a shield.
    Don't do this, LOH is bad for TR build and regen isn't the main problem here. Your problem is a complete lack of resistances and you should swap Fleet Footed for One with Everything. Replace your pants, gloves, and the int ring first. For pants you might do better by avoiding sockets at first, look for high dex/vit and double resist (all resist + whichever single school you choose to stack, physical is your highest currently). On gloves look for high dex/vit/crit chance and your single resistance. On the ring look for mid dex/vit/crit chance and high single resistance. After those are replaced then look for similar boots with run speed to make up for the loss of fleet footed and once you have a few million then make some of the new BoA necks, you'll get an upgrade in a few crafts.

Avoid IAS gear like the plague for TR build, it will just deplete your spirit.
    Farm where you can survive. You say you die all the time in Inferno - what act? what MP? If you can handle act 1 MP0 then farm there and work your way up.
    I've made some adjustments

I have 33k life now and 495 Resistance to all with the tallent. I think I'll get some more Vita soon on the AH

really thanks for all the help

update

I'm running act 3 with MP2 with no more problems !!
    I am currently farming act 3 mp3 without any issues :) some elites are giving some issues and deaths but nothing that isn't doable
    Good to hear you've been able to make improvements based upon the help you have gotten :)
    Yeah been farming act 3 now and would love to have something drop :). But don't we all want that
    To be honest, if you're dying on MP3, you should do MP2 or even MP1. The difference in speed more than makes up for the difference in Magic Find between the MP's. Until you're good enough geared to do MP3 as fast as MP1 then you should move to MP3.
    Quote from Zuchi

To be honest, if you're dying on MP3, you should do MP2 or even MP1. The difference in speed more than makes up for the difference in Magic Find between the MP's. Until you're good enough geared to do MP3 as fast as MP1 then you should move to MP3.

I'm only having some issues due to my skill other than that all is going well. Maybe going from 3 to 2 won't be that a big difference.
    in 2 everything dies like act 1 normal :P
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes