The True Power of Monk Sweeping Wind

Uploaded a Video of my Gear.... Nothing is perfect so this could definately be done ALOT faster.... but it is what I used Thanks..
    my voice is so sexy at then end
    Huh, I always thought all stats were saved, but if it's only damage and crit damage and doesn't take attack spped and crit chance into consideration it's even more broken, lol.
    All I can see from this happening is Sweeping Wind snapshotting mechanic will be changed to become affected only by currently equipped gear, a.k.a no longer snapshots. All monks will be nerfed from this change.

Abusing game mechanics, i.e. "Clever use of mechanics", if it's THIS broken will definitely be changed by Blizzard, and only us Monks will be suffering due to this. Don't think you should flaunt this around and advertise it as more and more people using it = more priority to change it.
    Quote from Zuchi

All I can see from this happening is Sweeping Wind snapshotting mechanic will be changed to become affected only by currently equipped gear, a.k.a no longer snapshots. All monks will be nerfed from this change.

Abusing game mechanics, i.e. "Clever use of mechanics", if it's THIS broken will definitely be changed by Blizzard, and only us Monks will be suffering due to this. Don't think you should flaunt this around and advertise it as more and more people using it = more priority to change it.

this.
    no other class has abilitys that saves current gear stats and then u can swap gear and keep the stats...
    so us normal monks will get owned when they change it, probably no more snapshot even if u dont swap gear etc
    Quote from vioche

Quote from Zuchi

this.
    no other class has abilitys that saves current gear stats and then u can swap gear and keep the stats...
    so us normal monks will get owned when they change it, probably no more snapshot even if u dont swap gear etc

Wiz stormarmor snapshots as well...Its not a huge damagefactor compared to sw/cyclones but still. Snapshots are part of this game for each class...
    Words of wisdom: Don't follow the advice of people who won't have to deal with the consequences.
    Quote from Temsen

Huh, I always thought all stats were saved, but if it's only damage and crit damage and doesn't take attack spped and crit chance into consideration it's even more broken, lol.

IAS and cc was afaik never part of the snapshot for sweeping winds! IAS just effects the blindingflash snapshot. So some1 may try a triple snapshot set lol.
    Words of wisdom: Don't follow the advice of people who won't have to deal with the consequences.
    Quote from Zuchi

Wait, are you saying that this is fine as it is right now, and it shouldn't be changed (more like fixed)?
    Quote from Zuchi

US streamers already stop on building snapshots sets for viewers bcuz the market for those otems already skyrocket. Im 100% sure this will be fixed sooner or later. Either with patch 1.07 or close after patch since this broken mechanic will dominate the duel scence and people will bitch about it all over the forums.
    I'm just getting my recently re-activated Monk back up to running speed, Blizzard please to not f**k with our Monks. :facepalm:
    Quote from Temsen

Not to mention that those gear swap script are not intended by blizz and hopefully get punished (heh, as if.)

its not a trainer or modification

scripts for keyboard orders run outside of Diablo and dont change or read any of the Diablo files installed at your pc

example i use autohotkey

script looks like this:
    F1::
    Send, {I}
    MouseClick, right, 1056, 433
    MouseClick, right, 1056, 468
    MouseClick, right, 1090, 451
    Send, {I}

that means that if I press F1 its the same like press I, then move cursor at 1056,468 on my monitor, right click....(etc) .... press I

its works outside the game and cant be detected cause there is nothing to be detected.
    manually press some keys or use a macro to press only one key is the same for the game

many keyboards like original poster here has or mouses have also this ability.
    Diablo Official mouse has this ability!!!!

Now get over it and try for yourself :Thumbs Up:
    While I agree that gearswapping is an issue and not a fun part of the game (I do it as well, the benefit is too great) Simply removing snapshot doesn't really fix anything. Sweeping winds snapshots your current weapon without gearswapping (I'd love to not have to look at my attack speed to see which weapon is active before casting), so in order to remove snapshots entirely, you have to average weapon damage between 2 weapons, which is not currently how almost any skill works. It's not quite as simple a fix as one might think.

I do think they will change something eventually to decentivize gearswapping though.
    All they need to do is remove the ability for it to snapshot your gear... Make sweeping wind use your current stats... At least it sounds that simple.
    For all you very mature people that like to whine like little girls.SW snapshot should not be taken away because that;s like the bulk of our dmg.

What should get removed is that gear swap thingy.Once u engage in a battle your gear is locked or smth.

If they do remove snapshot I see some monks quitting, hell im para 88 and if they do that I wil for sure quit until they buff smth.Either they keep snapshot or they buff our dps by a lot.
    When you switch gear with sweeping wind active, it automatically de-activates. Pretty simple solution, no drawbacks ?
    Quote from thesikaleon
    blablabla

It's an automated process.
    You do one keystroke and get several actions out of it. Essentially you can call it a bot.
    Blizzard's general stance is one keystroke = one action, anything else might be a bannable offense. Of course it is true that it is (probably) undetectable, that doesn't make it 100% legit, though.
    I just started using Sweeping Wind and after reading this topic now realize I don't understand this snapshot stuff and it's implications for what gear to look for. I don't want to change gear mid-fight, but would like to get the most out of that skill. Could someone please help me understand what attributes are important?
    Quote from Basho

I just started using Sweeping Wind and after reading this topic now realize I don't understand this snapshot stuff and it's implications for what gear to look for. I don't want to change gear mid-fight, but would like to get the most out of that skill. Could someone please help me understand what attributes are important?

If you don't want to change gear... simply use what's giving you the highest dps.
    Quote from Temsen

Quote from Basho

If you don't want to change gear... simply use what's giving you the highest dps.

Also, you can snapshot your skill-driven buffs, like Breath of Heaven's damage buff, as well as the blind skill (forget the name).
    Quote from Temsen

It's an automated process.
    You do one keystroke and get several actions out of it. Essentially you can call it a bot.
    Blizzard's general stance is one keystroke = one action, anything else might be a bannable offense. Of course it is true that it is (probably) undetectable, that doesn't make it 100% legit, though.

1. no read or modify any of the game files means its no bot, no trainer
    Result to the game is some clicks, i could use my finger, my car key or a script to make those clicks
    Maybe i play on a touchscreen monitor so i use my nose to open inventory!!!
    How i use my keyboard or mouse has nothing to do with blizzard.

2. http://steelseries.com/products/games/diablo-iii/steelseries-diablo-iii-mouse
    Official Diablo 3 mouse support modifier /keyhold macros!
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes