yet another TR gearcheck

I had slowly improved my total dps without sacrificing too much survivability. last was the skorn with Lok and pretty ok dps. Next in plan was a Nat torso with 150+ vitality. what else should i change to get even more dps?
    right now im around 101k unbuffed.
    http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/freeze-2351/hero/4397467
    Nat Boots and nat ring.
    First suggestion (not directly dps related but will help get there in the end):

You have PLENTY of resist for low MP (only need 400 or so total with OwE and a decent HP pool), so I would suggest dropping FR on your gloves and pick up more Vit there to help improve your HP a bit.

Next, to boost DPS, you should look at an ammy similar to your current one, drop FR though and pick up high dex and shoot for 10 CC.

Now I know that others will say CC is useless for TR builds, which is not necessarily true. See Druin's highly detailed thread at the official forums: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7199912895

Other thoughts:

If you have another HF ring WITHOUT attack speed, use it. IAS makes your spirit spent on TR higher, so you need more spirit regen.

Also your spirit regen is a bit low (probably have to stop once in a while to refil on mobs?) so I would suggest getting north of 4.2-4.5 SpS to help out there.
    @Turdragin. first of the HF is the first one i got, working on getting a second one now.

i do stop once in a while but atm im farming mp2 for keys and around 6-7 elites with only stoping 1-2 times. if i put chant of resonance instead of exalted soul i am above what i consume already, i figured 100 more spirit is better ?

Some people in youtube videos i saw were around 160k? With the same res and a bit more vit than me, i dont get it. is it related to CD ?
    Thanks for the feedback.
    Quote from freeze1

if i put chant of resonance instead of exalted soul i am above what i consume already, i figured 100 more spirit is better ?

Actually, you need more SpS than TR consumes so you'll have spirit to use on refresing SW and SSS. So, in this case, having addtional SpS is better than an extra 100 spirit because you'll be able to more reliably fire SSS and such.

Quote from freeze1

Some people in youtube videos i saw were around 160k? With the same res and a bit more vit than me, i dont get it. is it related to CD ?

The sheet dps numbers are indeed likely showing the boost from high CD. But also keep in mind those guys are also rocking some VERY high dex numbers (close to max from Inna's chest, belt and helm, and also vile wards). They are also likely picking up a bunch of All resist so they don't need OwE, likely on their helm, braces and gloves. One other thing to consider is high Plevel gives a decent amount of vit as well (2 per level) so Plevel 50 is an extra 100 vit.
    @freeze 1 - I agree pretty much entirely with Turdragin. I don't think it's right to say that CC is unimportant to TR, most obviously because it factors into DPS. Additionally, it does so without increasing the cost of TR like IAS. For this reason, Nats set, aside from its exorbitant price for a decent set, is not ideal. (Sadly, I note the IAS on your hellfire is also not ideal). You also want to hold onto your Zumis, which I think are great with the black damage of the skorn. Ideally you want to have a +8% pair. Other than running lots and lots of infernal machines to try and get a CC hellfire, I would suggest upgrading your SoJ given that your current one isn't doing that much for you. Ideally +6% damage, higher bonus to elites, 2+ spirit regen, and either TR crit bonus or SW damage bonus.

As for skills, again agree with Turdragin - in your case chant of resonance ahead of exalted soul.

Happy TR'ing.
    i have noticed that with elites if i stop and use DR i usually 2 hit them with 2 crits above 500k, i also recharge my spirit a bit, is it advised to stop ?
    Quote from freeze1

i have noticed that with elites if i stop and use DR i usually 2 hit them with 2 crits above 500k, i also recharge my spirit a bit, is it advised to stop ?

TR = never stop.
    I find running with Flash and SSS enough to deal with elites.
    SSS and theyre dead. If SSS is down, flash and run through them twice and they're dead. The only packs this doesn't work on, and need to run maybe 3 times, is extra health golgors and tremor beasts.

Your biggest mistake is to look at other TR monks' dps on sheet. Trust me when I say it means nothing.
    It is merely a guide, but a straight dps increase does NOT mean it's better. Attackspeed is a dps increase and its extremely poisonous to the build.
    CD is a dps increase on sheet, but in reality, it does very little for TR.
    Your main stats for TR is +dmg, +dex, +cc, and +%elemental dmg.
    The aim is to get your basic damage so high that you oneshot everything, while maintaining spirit to never NEED TO STOP for spirit to catch up.

Also aim to not use OWE, as it takes up a slot, that could much better be used. Movement speed, Guardian's Path, Chant of resonance, cooldown reduction. That's the prime passives, in order of importance.
    You can VERY easily get to 350-400 allres without using double resists, and thats all you need.
    Furthermore, I do ubers on mp10 in my TR gear, with only skills changing, with the same 430 allres - Just means you have to play more intelligently...
    Agree with the others. Get a new hellfire, zuni boots, better soj (first priority spirit reg), amu with dex. And try MoC - submission instead, you don't need to spam it and it has a huge radius.

Edit: wheuis> I'd like to see your gear, can u post a link?
    Quote from metalsvinet

Edit: wheuis> I'd like to see your gear, can u post a link?

Sure.
    http://us.battle.net...65/hero/4378063
    Just got the gloves a few days ago (still trying to find an equal with Allres instead of Fire... grrrr)

For Ubers I change TR to FoT:Thunderclap, SW to Cyclone rune, Mantra to Overawe.
    passives I change Guardian Path to Resolve and Chant Resonance to STI.
    Sold my Zuni boots to upgrade my Skorn to LS (with patch coming - TR becomes VERY viable for mp5~ farming with LS).
    You use skorn for mp10 ubers? I got a new hellfire chevk it out. Its quite decent for the second roll. Show me ur mp10 gear pls.
    Nat Ring and Boots are semi for TR imo. You need to sacrifice too much edps for that combo imo.

One ring should be your HF ring, except you are Para 100, the other should be a SoJ with Spirit Reg.

Spirit reg from Inna helmet is imo mandatory and a Xeph amu should enable you to you MoC.

That will bring you more effective dps than a Nat Ring with boots and MoH for Spirit reg.

And Nat ring brings ias and more ias than Inna pant should be avoided, cause of spirit drain.
    Quote from freeze1

You use skorn for mp10 ubers? I got a new hellfire chevk it out. Its quite decent for the second roll. Show me ur mp10 gear pls.

That is my MP10 gear, as I've said previously.
    And yes, skorn for ubers.
    It's a different playstyle than the regular "hold down one button and press another once every 3 sec". You need to stay active, stay out of shit on the floor, dodge shit that can be dodged, etc.
    It's no laughing matter to try and Skorn ubers with only ~430AR... it's 100x more exciting, technical, and at least 1000x more fun when you get it right.
    Someone already mentioned this, your resis is bit high, drop it in exchange for higher dps
    Your bracer could get an improvement for example
    Also, try to get a 2.0+ spirit regen Inna's Radiance, I get that 2.0+ spirit regen SoJ could get expensive
    Don't go for the 2pc Nat Set UNLESS you have to, also, get some pick up radius :)
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes