Putting 1000$ into my monk need help picking the right gear.

Ok well here is the story.

I got the game a few days ago and hit level 60 paragon 3 with the help of my friend i fell in love with the game but cant really find any good items cause i'm only able to play on inferno lvl 2.

i need help making a build for around 1000$ i have no idea how the item system works and i have yet to find a legendary. only rare items.

My friend was telling me about end game items and i would be interested i'm buying some if i had a complete set.

Any ways i hope this site and its users can help with my problem.
    In my opinion you're skipping the fun part of diablo if you spend so much money on your gear. Farming your own gear is the most fun party of diablo for me.

But if you really want to spend that much money then you could look at diabloprogess and check one of the top monks for their gear.
    @
    Zealot ok look bro i have some money saved up and i really enjoy the game... just because i want to put real money into it does not mean i need a psychologist

@CrazyEgoist thanks for the tip on that
    [center]I do like working for my stuff but the people i play with have way better gear with the same class as me and i can't keep up with them on the lvl they farm on.
    Just as a heads up, in a game entirely focused on getting new loot, buying that quality of gear will not only trivialize the game to the point of boredom, it will make playing the game pointless as you'll literally never find anything better than it.

If you really do actually love this game like you claim then you should play it, not pay it.
    I sell u my monk for that money.
    http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/phosphorus-1412/hero/17520235
    Quote from ArcaneWeapon

Just as a heads up, in a game entirely focused on getting new loot, buying that quality of gear will not only trivialize the game to the point of boredom, it will make playing the game pointless as you'll literally never find anything better than it.

If you really do actually love this game like you claim then you should play it, not pay it.

But you see what i enjoy about it is running through the strongest enemy's and trying to find legendary items to see how much they can bring in on the auction house.
    Quote from phosphorus77

I sell u my monk for that money.
    http://eu.battle.net...2/hero/17520235

Sorry man but that's not quite what i'm looking for gear wise. i would probably offer you around 250$ for that build.
    i want to sell entire account.
    But you see what i enjoy about it is running through the strongest enemy's and trying to find legendary items to see how much they can bring in on the auction house.

You can farm in an efficent way (which is mp0-3) by spending 0$ on your gear, just play a few days, get a few drops, sell them and buy mediocre items and you're good to go.
    High end items bring NOTHING to the table at the moment, besides growing your epeen, the difference in loot aquired between average and high end characters is trivial, it's all about how much you farm and or rather how easily you get bored.
    Quote from arandan

You can farm in an efficent way (which is mp0-3) by spending 0$ on your gear, just play a few days, get a few drops, sell them and buy mediocre items and you're good to go.
    High end items bring NOTHING to the table at the moment, besides growing your epeen, the difference in loot aquired between average and high end characters is trivial, it's all about how much you farm and or rather how easily you get bored.

Thank you man :). like i said i'm new i have a bit of cash and i like to try and kill the best. but i will most likely just be farming and if you say i don't need top gear i trust your word. i am currently running mp2 and dying alot this is why i wanted to upgrade. would say 250$ be good enough to run through without the risk of dying 20+ times?
    I'd say run mp0 act3 for now. It's basically a matter of days (hours if you're lucky) until you get a few drops and upgrade your gear to be mp2 efficent.
    Dont waste your cash all it will do is drain you of any goals in this game and cause you to get bored in no time.
    Quote from arandan

I'd say run mp0 act3 for now. It's basically a matter of days (hours if you're lucky) until you get a few drops and upgrade your gear to be mp2 efficent.
    Dont waste your cash all it will do is drain you of any goals in this game and cause you to get bored in no time.

Well here is my build so far

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/SnowCaine-1653/hero/29892799

Tell me what you think ill need to upgrade. that would help out allot. i think i have about 18 hours played so far :/
    I feel that if you pay RM for the BIS gear you may miss the opportunity to experience the special feeling and longevity. But if your set on it you might might want to look to diablo progress for a double check.. http://www.diabloprogress.com/
    May the heroes rise from the pit of despair and the bards sing of the day of death renewed to everlasting
    immortality....awaiting your return to the lands of Sanctuary may peace be with you on this day...your day of birth.

The Crew
    Tell me what you think ill need to upgrade. that would help out allot. i think i have about 18 hours played so far :/

Don't know much about monks per se, but from what I see in your profile, you lack crit damage and main stats the most.
    You need to balance crit and crit damage on your gear, getting a lot of one and almost none of the other is pointless.

Note that all your items dont need to be legendary or set for your character to be able to be efficent, well rolled legendaries are really, really overpriced atm, you should aim for a good balance of stats.

Check out this guide:
    http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7005435884
    Quote from arandan

Don't know much about monks per se, but from what I see in your profile, you lack crit damage and main stats the most.
    You need to balance crit and crit damage on your gear, getting a lot of one and almost none of the other is pointless.

Note that all your items dont need to be legendary or set for your character to be able to be efficent, well rolled legendaries are really, really overpriced atm, you should aim for a good balance of stats.

Check out this guide:
    http://us.battle.net...opic/7005435884

Thank you man. Most help i have got all day :).

Do you know what end game items are?. I hear my friend talking about them all the time but google comes up with nothing for me.
    Quote from iNgLewooD64

Quote from arandan

Check out this guide:
    http://us.battle.net...opic/7005435884

Thank you man. Most help i have got all day :).

Do you know what end game items are?. I hear my friend talking about them all the time but google comes up with nothing for me.

If we are being honest, there are really no End-Game items because for now, there is truly no end-game aside from farming and raising your Paragon level. I would be blunt and ask him exactly what Items he is referring to. Is he talking about Lacuni's, Vile Wards, Nats Set, Hellfire Rings, etc.

Truth be told, I think he is referring to BiS or Best In Slot and simply saying end-game.

If you choose to spend money on your gear, all the more power to you. I and many others on here may see it as a short-changing yourself on the point of playing this game, but if YOU do not, then play the game the way YOU want to.

Let me just you you a word of advice on the subject and illustrate a point if you will indulge me:

My best friend has spent hundreds if not over $1000 on this game total, with a large portion going towards his monk. What he has to show for it is a Paragon 37 monk that pushes out over 160k dps, can speed through MP5-6 runs easily, and higher with some time devoted to them.

I have spent ZERO dollars on the game. My Paragon 50 monk does considerably less. Approximately 85-90k dps. All found gear, or bought through the GOLD AH using drops sold. I can speed run MP0-2 pretty efficiently and can survive at MP4. Anything higher is a challenge TBH.

Due to the terrible itemization of the game, on average, he and I find the same crap gear. He has yet to FIND a better piece of gear than I have found myself.

With all that money spent, it will not guarantee better drops. It will simply mean that you are able to run through the monsters faster with less hassle and effort.

I agree with arandan. You should check out the link in his post. Some good tips in there.

Whatever way you decide to go, good luck.
    As mentioned in a previous post, high end gear/items greatly depends on the build you play, and might differ between those. So checking diabloprogress would give you an idea what high end gear could be for a specific build, as it offers you a great deal of specific info. Also keep in mind that play styles may differ aswell for each gamer. I.e, Immo belt (for barb, which i play) could give you an extra % dmg of specific skill like bash or cleave or something else.

ttp://eu.battle.net/d3/en/item/immortal-kings-tribal-binding
    (put an h in front, cos most likely i am not allowed to post url )

Have fun in hunting your gear !
    Are you trolling?

Firstly, select skills for your follower.
    Secondly, fix your build.
    Your gear should be fine for farming MP0, although not efficiently.
    I'd say 1k$ is way too much, you said you're playing with friends that have the same class? Good, best is to get some advice from them or look at their gear.
    EU player here so I don't know about US economy, but I'd say invest 100 bucks into gold (should be 300-400m?) and go shopping with that, pretty sure that'll give you enough to farm mp3 and survive mp7+ well enough.
    Just some suggestions:
    -EF with socket and lifesteal and rare with socket, lifesteal, dex and critdamage 900+ dps
    -vile wards with dex/vit, single res, pickup range - two of those
    -2 piece innas; pants+eihter helm or chest - possibly chest and go for andariels (maybe mempo but that's expensive) get good vit rolls on legs/chest
    -rare belt/bracers with good dex/vit and dual res (+good crit fro bracers) - lacunics and witching hour are the "better" options but less surviveability and more expensive
    -trifecta gloves are expensive, high dex, high crit and critdamage +some defensive stats should do well enough
    -accessoires go damage only, dex, as, crit, critdamage, avg damage - 4 of those and you're good
    -boots either some nice rares with high dex, ms and def stats or nats (+ring if afforable, if not it's a nice goal :D)
    Quote from Merodium

Are you trolling?

Firstly, select skills for your follower.
    Secondly, fix your build.
    Your gear should be fine for farming MP0, although not efficiently.

No i'm not trolling. i came here for advice and that's exactly what i got.

And i thank you all for posting in this thread i have read all repys and gone through most of the details in the link's you have provided me.

And i have decided to put about 300$ for a few better upgrades to quickly run through mp1-3

Once again i thank you all :)

If you guys want to play with me some time i'll leave my id here :)

Snowcaine#1653

Oh! and forgot to mention about the end game items he was telling me about. So pretty much what brian wanted me to do i buy a bunch of shit from the auction house so i can be like #205 or something in the world when pvp comes out?

Yes i know it sounds dumb.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes