Help me improve my monk 1 billion budget

My fellow monks :)
    I have 1 billion to spend on upgrades
    I want to farm mp7 or mp8 ,( i do not care for ubbers) if 1 billion does not get me there I prefer to cash out and continiue farming mp 4 as i do now.
    As I know probably half of that gold will have to go to weapons upgrades so i need your help on that one , upgrading armor is pretty much straight forward no big questions there
    I have read that echoing fury + won khim lau is probably the best combo for weapons
    i am thinking EF 1200+ dps + 1 socket + 150 dex + 10 AS and WKL with 3 life steal + socket and at least 15 % lightning skills
    am i right or i am making a big mistake here , is 3 life steal on off hand plus 700 loh on amu enough to survive on mp7-8
    thank you
    oh my battle tag quickben#2586
    I would recommand double lifesteal weapons and getting a better neck as well. LOH devalues on higher mp and with good dps even more since you run cookie cutter which means no loh from cyclones.
    Words of wisdom: Don't follow the advice of people who won't have to deal with the consequences.
    Quote from Shinna1989

I would recommand double lifesteal weapons and getting a better neck as well. LOH devalues on higher mp and with good dps even more since you run cookie cutter which means no loh from cyclones.

is 1000+dps EF with 2.5 lifesteal + socket + 150dex and WKL with the same stats (800-900dps) going to do the damage i need for mp7

i can get them for 500mil without looking for bargains
    come on guys is it worth spending 500+ million for 1000dps EF with 2.5 ls socket and dex and won khim lau with the same stats except the dps ?
    If I were you man, I would focus a whole lot more on improving your EHP. 223K EHP with an AR of 387 isnt going to cut it in MP7-8.

Once your EHP is ~500K then you can go about looking for weapons. Import your character into d3up (which is how I know your EHP) and start looking for gear that will improve your EHP.

Not that I am a master monk but here is my monk: http://d3up.com/b/204500

I switch things around often but as you can see, I dont use a EF yet Im pulling >160K DPS unbuffed. If you plan your spending correctly you could get to >150K easily.
    Quote from locoenough

Quote from Shinna1989

is 1000+dps EF with 2.5 lifesteal + socket + 150dex and WKL with the same stats (800-900dps) going to do the damage i need for mp7

i can get them for 500mil without looking for bargains

If you dont intergrate skills like explo palm into your build then those will do the job pretty good in terms of weapon damage. EF tends to be annoying when using explo palm and the mob gets feared to africa an.

But like HG_Johnny already mentioned: You will need the armor to support the monsterpower level and weapons. ;)
    Words of wisdom: Don't follow the advice of people who won't have to deal with the consequences.
    thank you both , i do not want to sound cheeky , but upgrading armor is easy compared to the decision i have to make about the weapons. i think 500mils for armor will get me pretty much there in terms of ehp 650-700 Allress 6k armor 40k hp a little bit of strenght here and there , i think i will have these stats for the rest of the gold - around 500mils may be more
    i have to say my ehp is bit higher because at the time you have seen my profile my belt slot was empty i am having a witching hour with 50+ ress 50+vit there but it has 180 intel and i am currently selling it at the AH , planning to buy a similar one buth with dex
    and sexton i am happy with my current build and i do not see myself changing it anytime soon :)
    thank you again both for the advice

HG_Johnny do you farm mp7-8 with that stats?
    My forumname is shinna. Sexton is my rank. :P
    Quote from locoenough

thank you both , i do not want to sound cheeky , but upgrading armor is easy compared to the decision i have to make about the weapons. i think 500mils for armor will get me pretty much there in terms of ehp 650-700 Allress 6k armor 40k hp a little bit of strenght here and there , i think i will have these stats for the rest of the gold - around 500mils may be more
    i have to say my ehp is bit higher because at the time you have seen my profile my belt slot was empty i am having a witching hour with 50+ ress 50+vit there but it has 180 intel and i am currently selling it at the AH , planning to buy a similar one buth with dex
    and sexton i am happy with my current build and i do not see myself changing it anytime soon :)
    thank you again both for the advice

HG_Johnny do you farm mp7-8 with that stats?

No. I go with a bit more life sustainment when I actually farm. That, and I keep with the Inna's 4 piece set for the SW cost reduction. I can Farm MP9 just fine with this setup when solo, MP10 in a group with 3 other monks.

http://d3up.com/b/154171
    thanks a lot , you guys were really helpfull
    AH on sunday is really empty :( :( :(
    you can delete this topic i've got my answers
    thanks again to everyone that have answered my call for help
    :)
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes