At what DPS i can have LS only in one weapon?

Here is my monk http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/thesikaleon-2805/hero/8513459

I can play easy MP10 farm or ubbers with almost no deaths

Playing with wizard partner i dont use serenity but have Cyclone Strike so all mobs at one place for perma cc and fast killing.

I have two weapons with lifesteal.

Thinking to replace my main hand fist with EF or my WKL with a WKL (critical damage + socket)

My goal is to kill faster but still survive as easy as i do now.

So keep LS at only one weapon what DPS i should have?
    Can work only over 200k unbuffed?
    Imo its not a question about what kind of dps you need. Its more about how much heal you need to deal with the incoming damage i.e. how much ehp do you need for mp10...

Tbh atm you are kinda fuked in terms of getting more dps since +50% of your vitality sitting on gloves, rare ring and your neck. Those items are supposed to give you way more damage then your current items offer and you cant replace em easily cuz the whole balance of your current set will be gone.

I would just save up alot of gold and then rebuild the entire set.If you wanne stick with fire res then keep the wh and lacunis. Those are nice.
    i know that if i have much gold i can boost way more my DPS
    so far i made a monk capable to survive easy against Refelect Damage at MP10

I have 41.6 k life, 720 res and 5,7 LS

Question is at what DPS i can survive with just 3 LS ?
    at about 150k ish paper dps you can survive with 3% lifesteal alone. varies a bit with mitigation and playerskill.
    however, you wont have funny times with RD with only 3% lifesteal, because its kinda impossible to reach the mitigation to nullify RD with 3% lifesteal alone. so you would have to put quite some math into figuring out what other sustain you need to handle RD.
    Quote from thesikaleon
    Question is at what DPS i can survive with just 3 LS ?

Depends heavily on what is comfortable for you. You already mentioned you play with a CM wizards, this way you don't take much beating and only deal with ground effects on a regular base. What happens if you play alone? It's rather tough to give such a specific statement, some players might be able to survive with 3% lifesteal and Serenity/Ascension just fine (or they just have totally different defensive stats) but if you have to use Cyclone Strike a lot it might not cut it. Or they just play differently (other positioning, etc) and it won't work out. So if you just buy a new piece for couple of hundred of millions and find out that it won't suit you, ouch!

My advise? Buy a similar weapon to your mainhand without lifesteal (should be 1M or less) and just try it out, there's just no easier and cheaper way :) Of course a better weapon might add another 100% crit damage or something like that and push your paperdoll dps noticeable but you should get a general idea of what your character is capable with only 2.x%-3% lifesteal this way.

Quote from Shinna1989
    Tbh atm you are kinda fuked in terms of getting more dps since +50% of your vitality sitting on gloves, rare ring and your neck. Those items are supposed to give you way more damage then your current items offer and you cant replace em easily cuz the whole balance of your current set will be gone.

Adding a second trifecta stat to amulet will cost some gold but no fortune. Finding slightly better gloves (more dex and/or crit damage) shouldn't be an issue as well. Actually i don't see why he'd have to rebuild his entire set, it looks rather decent to me and i love his chest (400 stats + 150 resist!). On the long run he should reach for other Inna's pieces (double resist on helmet or resist + sweeping wind or fists of thunder damage; resist on pants).
    Just use a calculator and see and what DPS your leech will be the same as it was before you dropped the leech from the weapon.
    @ballon thanks for help (post up :Thumbs Up: )

I dont always play with wizard but if i play with then i dont use serenity.
    I also tried ubbers MP10 in a 4 players party (me, wizard, hunter, hunter) without serenity. We had 2 full runs (6 ubers) and i had not a single death.

Quote from ballon

My advise? Buy a similar weapon to your mainhand without lifesteal (should be 1M or less) and just try it out, there's just no easier and cheaper way :) Of course a better weapon might add another 100% crit damage or something like that and push your paperdoll dps noticeable but you should get a general idea of what your character is capable with only 2.x%-3% lifesteal this way.

This way i will try 2.8 lifesteal at 135k DPS and I maybe get the wrong result. But i guess will give me a point..
    My advise? Buy a similar weapon to your mainhand without lifesteal (should be 1M or less) and just try it out, there's just no easier and cheaper way Of course a better weapon might add another 100% crit damage or something like that and push your paperdoll dps noticeable but you should get a general idea of what your character is capable with only 2.x%-3% lifesteal this way.

+1
    The truth is you can never have LS on only one weapon and feel the same as having it on two weapons no matter how much DPS you get.You will see a decrease in survability when switching to only one weapon with LS, and you will also have some problems with Reflect Damage packs but as long as you are careful it should work at any point above 100k DPS.
    Remember to get at least a weapon with 3% LS if you want to try this out.
    imo get 3% LS and 800-900ish life on hit if its cheaper, atm i use an offhand with 3 LS 800ish life on hit and 78% critical hit dmg some dex and a socket, before this i used one without the extra critical hit dmg and mp9 was pretty easy (ubers) however i have pretty high res/vit to go with that 750-800 res and 60kish life and if we have another monk with res aura or barb with res shout gets almoste 1k res

i havent tried 5+ LS becuse its damn expensive anyway heres my d3up profile : h**p://d3up.com/b/153263
    Quote from ballon

Adding a second trifecta stat to amulet will cost some gold but no fortune. Finding slightly better gloves (more dex and/or crit damage) shouldn't be an issue as well. Actually i don't see why he'd have to rebuild his entire set, it looks rather decent to me and i love his chest (400 stats + 150 resist!). On the long run he should reach for other Inna's pieces (double resist on helmet or resist + sweeping wind or fists of thunder damage; resist on pants).

Pls show me a neck with

+200dex
    +100vit
    and trifactor(good stats)

which is "fairly cheap". I highly doubt you will find anything for less then 300mil on eu servers. Same applies to the gloves. Again high dex with viit and decent trifactors are above 300mil. The vit roll makes em so costly...

The easiest way would be building a snapshot monk and just roflstomp mp10...
    Quote from Shinna1989

Quote from ballon

Pls show me a neck with

+200dex
    +100vit
    and trifactor(good stats)

which is "fairly cheap". I highly doubt you will find anything for less then 300mil on eu servers. Same applies to the gloves. Again high dex with viit and decent trifactors are above 300mil. The vit roll makes em so costly...

The easiest way would be building a snapshot monk and just roflstomp mp10...

He didn't say buy a trifecta amulet, but get 1 additional stat on it (either CHD or AS).
    Quote from Turtel

He didn't say buy a trifecta amulet, but get 1 additional stat on it (either CHD or AS).

And then it results in a trifactor cuz he already got avg dmg and crit chance on his neck?
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes