Monk Speed Run. 1million exp/min

Hey guys. For thoose who have decent gear and looking for the fastest paragon leveling, here's the Alkazier method applied to TW monks. Who cares WW barbarians? :P

MUST HAVE

1) Build

http://eu.battle.net...gYSk!ZbU!ZaYcca

Left Click: Tempest Rush with Tailwind: 25% Movement speed using with holding space(my hold attack key) between packs.
    Right Click: Fist of Thunder with Thunderclap Start the run hold the right mouse click. You will be surprised :P
    Sweeping Wind with Cyclone: Cyclones helps killing mobs left behid.
    Passives: Fleet Footed (need that speed), Exalted Soul (Sometimes there can be bigger gaps between packs so 250 spirit is cool)

Optional

Serenity: Survive from death scenarios. (rune can be your choise)
    Blinding Flash with Faith in the light : for elite fights
    Mantra of Conviction: Overawe: More damage
    One with everything: If you stack a single resistance, else you can use Seize the initative or somethingelse

2) Gear

2 items with movement speed. Don't forget, you can NOT get more than 25% movement speed from gear.

A helm with experience socketed.

A hellfire ring.

IT IS MP0 which is the fastest way you can farm paragon level and items. HAVE FUN.

(PLEASE JUST USE THAT BUILD BEFORE A COMMENT IF YOU ARE DUAL WIELDER. HOLD YOUR RIGHT MOUSE CLICK TO MOVE AND ATTACK. JUST HOLD IT. THATS MY MAGIC :P)

Nice video, how much damage are you doing? and is this with no Mp?
    really nice video.
    This is MP 0 (NO monster power). It is the fastest way for level/item farming a monk can do and you don't need the gear i have. A decent gear with 50k+ dps can do this. The key is the spec and movement speed.

PS: Sorry for bad video quality, trying to fix it.
    pretty sure i can do it faster than you.. anyone with a skorn and 250k+ DPS can do perma TR and kill all trash with SW/TR and use SSS for packs.. u barely stop for anything
    Quote from manaja

pretty sure i can do it faster than you.. anyone with a skorn and 250k+ DPS can do perma TR and kill all trash with SW/TR and use SSS for packs.. u barely stop for anything

Indeed with a 2H weapon, sweeping wind and Tempest rush does more damage because of their %weapon damage nature. The point is not doing this with 250k+ damage or focusing hard to do it faster. It just takes avarage of 10mins to do. I finished this run in 9mins , i can do it faster but leveling is boring, i don't wanna focus a lot when leveling so i don't care i finish it in 8mins or 10 mins every run.

Thanks for pasing by and leaving a comment.
    You leave so many mobs behind... and are you sure that the gear that drops can have a chance to roll as high as other MP levels?

Good vid, thanks for the input, mate!
    Quote from Fravardin

You leave so many mobs behind... and are you sure that the gear that drops can have a chance to roll as high as other MP levels?

Good vid, thanks for the input, mate!

I don't think i leave so many mobs behind. At least i can say that im pretty sure most of them will die by cyclones while chasing me. Focus is packs in this run and i am pretty sure that you will get more legendary drops by doing this. You can stop farming MP0 after paragon 70.

Thanks for watching and leaving a comment mate!
    Quote from dzurel

, you can NOT get more than 24% movement speed from gear.

last time I checked it was 25%, Blizzard just like bad jokes :)
    Quote from dzurel

Hey guys. For thoose who have decent gear and looking for the fastest paragon leveling, here's the Alkazier method applied to TW monks. Who cares WW barbarians? :P

2 items with movement speed. Don't forget, you can NOT get more than 24% movement speed from gear.

Wrong. You can have 25%

Who cares about ww barbs? those who want to farm with over 80m xp/hour i guess : p
    Currently played toon:
    http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Rage-2973/hero/28310

Profit:
    Flipping/Sniping: 6577€
    Quote from khanbg

Quote from dzurel

, you can NOT get more than 24% movement speed from gear.

last time I checked it was 25%, Blizzard just like bad jokes :)

Actually im having hard times finding ms more than 12% on items. Anyway 25 it is.

Thanks for correction.
    Neither the build nor the video are something new
    This run is exactly what I do, except that I use a 2h Skorn and run on mp1. VERY fast experience and loot with TR.
    Quote from SolusCoda

This run is exactly what I do, except that I use a 2h Skorn and run on mp1. VERY fast experience and loot with TR.

I just posted this to let all fellow monks know it. Every barbarian knows ww spec but i think there are still monks out ther who don't see this before.

Thanks for passing by
    i'm getting a bit more exp doing alkizer on DS build at 110k DPS ( DW)
    It was painful to watch you go so slowly. Only watched the start through the tower.

Permanent TR with a skorn beats this any day. Seven sided strike instagibs elites.
    Thanks for the skorn bla bla. This is the Dual wield farm.
    I've seen a similar build which uses a 2H weapon + spirit generation items, and focuses entirely on tempest rush. This one almost seems more viable for elites though, which is what it's all about right?
    This is just dual wield build, so use brain (its free) and dont compare with 2H builds.
    I use DS instead of TR. Is comparable in terms of farming speed for DW monks, and you don't have to invest in spirit regen gear or similar items. I can farm MP1 with 60m/hour or so and use the same gear to do MP10 ubers (modulo the hellfire ring).

I liked this vid because it finally convinced me to go from MP3 to MP1, despite having close to 150k dps. I probably could do MP2, but on MP3 elites really start to slow you down, which is in no way compensated by the 10% exp bonus from the extra MP level.
    My monk Vin
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes