Pimp my monk. 500M budget.

Hi there,

So here's my monk's profile: h ttp://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/IHateSnow-2591/hero/50902

I can do all MP levels although MP10 solo is a bit rough.

Where would you spend 500M POs to upgrade without sacrifying sustain/regen?
    Just seen the trading of Echo Fury 1320/dex/cd=89/socket, I lay down the first bid of 1M and within minutes the bid went up to 2 billions and the hall remained silence for the rest of the time. This is the highest bid I've ever seen for a single item.

This suggests that even 500M cannot have the best of a single item.

Are you going to invest on one or two end-game items or this is the first round of general upgrade?
    Well to be honest I'm already pretty happy with where I stand now but the quest to pimp a char never really stops.

But because I'm already happy, I may not see some of the flaws of my monk. Most of my gear is already end game stuff, maybe not the ultimate best but still end game.

I've already spent a lot of POs to get to this point and will shell out more in the future, so let's say it's the first round. I'm not interested in being in the top 50 diabloprogress though.
    First of all I'd change your passive: One with everything, since you don't have any elemental resists :)

Dunno if you are waiting for an über hellfire ring, but otherwise rings could be upgraded I guess, but it's a pretty sweet character you got there.

Other than that I would check AH for spot deals, and then upgrade main and offhand for higher dps.
    Why dont you start with Radiant Star Ruby in your helm? :D
    Quote from Ninjafez

First of all I'd change your passive: One with everything, since you don't have any elemental resists :)

Well, he does have like 90 phys res. :P

I'd say look for upgrades on your rings, adding dex to your first and average damage (at least 20-40) and crit to your second.
    Also you could go for nat boots with a high dex/vit roll instead of phys res.
    One with everything is for elemental resists - not physical - according to tooltip at least :)
    Hey there, with the critical hit chance you got every point of critical hit dmg will be a massive boost on your char. What I'd do would be getting a good witching hour (these days you can find a decent for around 100m) rest I would spend on an 3 factor amulet amulet with 85+crit hit dmg.
    Quote from Ninjafez

One with everything is for elemental resists - not physical - according to tooltip at least :)

Physical resist is treated like elemental resists. You can stack that with all resist on a single item and use One with everything to benefit.
    Some very good suggestions there:
    - OWE: this was for running über bosses in coop in MP10, I need the additional res and extra HPs at that level. I run with fleet footed, beacon of Ytar or pacifism at lower MP levels depending on what I farm. For xp leveling, I use fleet footed, exalted soul and psalmody.
    - rings: yeah I'm looking for upgrades there. An uber hellfire would be sweet, an uber Natalya will probably cost me more than 500M. Looking for good deals on those slots (good dmg range, cc, dcc, dex and ias).
    - ruby: yeah I always forget that
    - natalya boots: a very good suggestion there, this is left from when I was using the full inna set with physical res and a 2H weapon.
    - dcc: yeah I'll bring some more if I can find well rolled amu/gloves. I used to run with 577% dcc so I know the value of crit dmg. Not sure I really like tWH as I would lose a lot of sustain... I need a bit of LoH on the amu slot as I do a lot of coops in MP8+
    - weapons: if you can find upgrades on mine for 500M, send me offers
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes