Won Khim Lau stats priority order

I got a question about this monk weapon, what is the priority order to look for if you want this weapon to be good?
    Since you can get 2 random stats and also taking the +% lightning damage as priority.
    - socket + life steal
    - socket + crit dam.
    - socket + life on hit
    - life steal + crit dam.
    - life on hit + crit dam.

and what weapon to swap in my situation? I'm so clueless atm...

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/thePJ-2338/hero/816557

as a sidenote should i get a SoJ also?
    Quote from thePJ

I got a question about this monk weapon, what is the priority order to look for if you want this weapon to be good?
    Since you can get 2 random stats and also taking the +% lightning damage as priority.
    - socket + life steal
    - socket + crit dam.
    - socket + life on hit
    - life steal + crit dam.

and what weapon to swap in my situation? I'm so clueless atm...

eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/thePJ-2338/hero/816557

as a sidenote should i get a SoJ also?

If you're looking for a won khim lau weapon with 25% Lightning to abilities + Socket + life steal or crit damage and over 900 dmg, you must have a huge budget. With where your dps/gear is at, you don't need that much life steal. Getting a high main dps weapon and a won khim lau with a socket, +25% lightning and dps around 950 (don't invest one with lifesteal or crit dmg *yet*) and put the extra funds into other gear that needs updating. Go for the natalya's 2-set (boots/ring is best), a cheap tal-rasha's chest with 9% ias and 100 dex/sockets/life%/vitality (surprisingly cheap upgrade at your level) .... and also any rings/ammy's with high average damage is a huge dps increase like 30-60
    but if i get the tal-rasha chest piece i will lose my set bonus and i really like the 4th set bonus a lot, since i also use it to open doors and such, really speeds up the process (for me) and i don't lack spirit now
    is the nata's set combo u suggest really better then the ice climbers and a ring combo (later on) of hellfire ring / SoJ?
    will look in that high average dam. department for ring's/ammy's also then, ammy is most used for the MF boost atm
    I'm in the same boat, I love the almost-free sweeping winds, it's great for fast farming, allowing more uptime on the mantra conviction buff (side note: I'd also recommend getting a witching hour as a belt, they are sexy). I still keep the Inna's chest and belt in my bags when I want to do paragon experience runs and feeling too lazy to focus on keeping up the sweeping winds buff by attacking destructibles inbetween packs of mobs, it takes a little practice to get used to. The extra dps from the tal rashas and witching hour are extremely helpful when I do mp7-8 runs and do the uber machine bosses. Inna's 4-set is definitely something holding onto but also worth upgrading in the end.

Yes, I'd always get the nat set bonus (7%+ crit) over using ice climbers anyday. As far as stone of jordan, it seems very situational, I've never tested it out myself because I try to keep gear swapping to a minimum as much as possible.
    ok tnx parra, i will look into it and will upgrade the stuff further bit by bit
    If you want to do "hard content" aka endgame in future patches etc., MF and quality of life aspects (such as 4set bonus for opening doors with SW) should be lost. You are losing EHP and DPS for the sake of convenience. Monk 4set is by far the weakest if you ask me, but then again I can't stand having MF gear or other stats I consider worthless.
    Quote from Rhye

If you want to do "hard content" aka endgame in future patches etc., MF and quality of life aspects (such as 4set bonus for opening doors with SW) should be lost. You are losing EHP and DPS for the sake of convenience. Monk 4set is by far the weakest if you ask me, but then again I can't stand having MF gear or other stats I consider worthless.

i think your right for later
    atm my paragon lv is still to low and content i can handle is at MP2/3 so i could use some extra MF to have more chance to find stuff
    and since i'm doing keep runs mostly automaticly opening doors is very convenient (don't like the Alkazar route).
    But yeah if i want to become stronger i need to set the set aside and had to go with stuff your wearing.
    Since i don't have (Diablo 3) friends, getting a hellfire ring will take me some time to be able to get one, but soling it in the futute is a possibility
    if you think in long term, you should get a WKL with life steal + socket for sure, you will need the ls for later mp, i just love the convenience of life steal that allow me to stand in fire, arcane and trivialize most of the game mechanics

usually, u want socket, because the crit scaling is extremely good, unless u got one like mine http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/KD335-1151/hero/24318176

don't go for tal rasha chest, the eph stats are bad, find one that has very high EPH, so u can be more offensive on your other gears, since chest slot can give u up to 300 vit

inna's 3 set bonus is worthless and wasted, that's why i didnt bother going for 3pc or 4pc, and eventually u will want to get a witching hour to max dps sometime down the road

magic find is a decent stat since i m kinda lazy to grind paragon level, so i'd get it on gears if possible, after all u r playing this game for item hunt
    Quote from KdLoL

if you think in long term, you should get a WKL with life steal + socket for sure, you will need the ls for later mp, i just love the convenience of life steal that allow me to stand in fire, arcane and trivialize most of the game mechanics
    yeah that's what i also like with a lot of LS, tried a bit with one high dam. crit weapon without the LS or LoH and was really missing it when fighting elites or boss like Ghom.
    Got to make some choices / gear switches i c and i thought i had chosen the "right" path with set inna and high res and such, oh well it keeps me busy
    Quote from thePJ

- socket + life steal
    - socket + crit dam.
    - socket + life on hit
    - life steal + crit dam.

1. You have to figure out how much life steal you want to go with. For monks there are only two options, 3% or 6%, i.e. either you have to get it on both weapons or just on one

2. If the answer to 1. is 6%, then you want to look for LS + socket or LS + crit. Personally I only allow for no socket if crit > 85%. I also ask for at least 22% lightning skill bonus, and dps > 800 or so.

3. If the answer to 1. is 3%, then LS + crit. In this case I think crit > 50% is acceptable together with the above requirements

4. LoH vs. LS: I don't want to get into this discussion. However one should note that even a bad LS roll is still kinda good (i.e. 2.2% LS), while a bad LoH roll can be something like + 174 life on hit, which is a completely wasted affix on a weapon
    My monk Vin
    Quote from thundersteele

2. If the answer to 1. is 6%, then you want to look for LS + socket or LS + crit. Personally I only allow for no socket if crit > 85%. I also ask for at least 22% lightning skill bonus, and dps > 800 or so.

since i got 2 weapons and together it's almost 6% and works well vs mobs/elites i will need one with those stats you said then, need to collect some money then and a good find on the AH
    but which of my 2 weapons must be switched out then?

on a side note i now got the 2 set stuff of nata's set and a better amu + ring, went from 70k to 80k dps
    You actually would benefit more from using only 1 Life Steal weapon, and some Life On Hit on your Jewelry for survivability, if you're really thinking end-game. Straight crit damage + socket on a weapon is much more valuable. For instance; Shenlong's Fist Of Legend with high Critial Hit Damage and a Won Khim Lau with Life Steal (both socketed) would be an amazing combo. But again like I stated before, Keep your budget focused on easier/cheaper upgrades for right now as I doubt you have about a billion gold to spend on only two weapons (both are easily 500M for top end rolls).

The best way to figure out what direction to go in with your gear is check out Diabloprogress dot com and check out other Monks that have end-game gear, be realistic and and try to find semi-downgrades of what they use (unless you can afford dropping thousands of real $ into the auction house).
    Quote from Parra

You actually would benefit more from using only 1 Life Steal weapon, and some Life On Hit on your Jewelry for survivability, if you're really thinking end-game. Straight crit damage + socket on a weapon is much more valuable. For instance; Shenlong's Fist Of Legend with high Critial Hit Damage and a Won Khim Lau with Life Steal (both socketed) would be an amazing combo. But again like I stated before, Keep your budget focused on easier/cheaper upgrades for right now as I doubt you have about a billion gold to spend on only two weapons (both are easily 500M for top end rolls).

The best way to figure out what direction to go in with your gear is check out Diabloprogress dot com and check out other Monks that have end-game gear, be realistic and and try to find semi-downgrades of what they use (unless you can afford dropping thousands of real $ into the auction house).

well i can't afford billions of gold and real € will never be a option :ninja:
    but is 3% LS enough then if you got high dam? i though u need at least 5 or 6% LS.
    LoH i prefer on amulet (also have) since there is small chance the rings will/can have it
    i will start to save money for a reasonale WKL at first now..
    btw since i'm using nata's boots now i got to much movement speed, should i sell the bracers and go for a good 6% crit one or not?
    Bracers are a toss up, there isn't a huge selection for us, go for a rare item with high crit with your resist, dexterity and vitality, or maybe a pair of lacuni's. Movement speed is another stat that you want for sure, I think 24% is the cap (you can get another 10% from a passive though). Try to avoid finding dead stats on items like Magic find, Health Globe, Life after kill, Gold find, Life per second over-capped movement speed (like you were mentioning) and etc.

As far as life steal goes, it's amazing the more gear/dps you get. I'm still in the market myself but as of right now I don't have any and survive fine on MP6/MP7. I think once you get over the 100k dps mark you'll want to start transitioning into more Life Steal. I'd say 3% life steal on a single item, 500+ LoH on an amulet and maybe 200-300 on a ring is perfect for your range.

Sigh, if only they allowed us to have Life Steal belts like Barb's have
    Quote from Parra

Bracers are a toss up, there isn't a huge selection for us, go for a rare item with high crit with your resist, dexterity and vitality, or maybe a pair of lacuni's. Movement speed is another stat that you want for sure, I think 24% is the cap (you can get another 10% from a passive though). Try to avoid finding dead stats on items like Magic find, Health Globe, Life after kill, Gold find, Life per second over-capped movement speed (like you were mentioning) and etc.

As far as life steal goes, it's amazing the more gear/dps you get. I'm still in the market myself but as of right now I don't have any and survive fine on MP6/MP7. I think once you get over the 100k dps mark you'll want to start transitioning into more Life Steal. I'd say 3% life steal on a single item, 500+ LoH on an amulet and maybe 200-300 on a ring is perfect for your range.

Sigh, if only they allowed us to have Life Steal belts like Barb's have

yeah it's not fair that monks / DH / wiz can't get that LS on belts, there also isn't a legendary or set belt which we can wear who has it right?
    well since i'm using a lacuni with atk spd only i will go for a nice 6% crit rare then, since i'm overcapped on speed, max is 35% with fleet flooded btw but with just 2 items you won't get higher then 34%

a bit of health globe aint bad ( one item) one item with pick radius (like 7) is nice also, and only got some extra MF on the amu and for the time being it helps, if i got below 200% mf i really find nothing, playing at MP3 act 3 atm and works well
    the rest u mentioned is indeed crap although i also see many ppl use life per sec. a lot

atleast i'm having more fun on my monk (since couple of weeks) then i had with my barb which was my main (no WW build) from start. That's also important :Thumbs Up:
    Thanks for the life steal recommendations. I was able to snag a 970 dps WKL with 165 DEX and life steal for 50k this morning, seemed like a good deal.
    Quote from Windir8

Thanks for the life steal recommendations. I was able to snag a 970 dps WKL with 165 DEX and life steal for 50k this morning, seemed like a good deal.

I hope it had a socket, otherwise it's kinda poo. The dps increase with a 100% crit damage gem is too big to pass up on. The average damage on it isn't as important as the stats, Find a perfect 6% lightning damage, 25% skills deal more damage (this one is very important).
    Quote from Parra

Quote from Windir8

I hope it had a socket, otherwise it's kinda poo. The dps increase with a 100% crit damage gem is too big to pass up on. The average damage on it isn't as important as the stats, Find a perfect 6% lightning damage, 25% skills deal more damage (this one is very important). I have a low end one with like 850 that's perfect with a socket if you want, I'm only trying to sell it for a few million but you can have it for free if you can find me online Parra#1124.

I appreciate the offer. Mind if I play with it a bit? I sent a request hehe
    Well i got a 800 dam. WKL now with socket + 43% crit or so and lighting dam 24%, it works very well i must say, i also like the lightning effect coming from the weapon it looks awesome :Thumbs Up:
    farming at MP3 act 3 goes smoothly now, although i miss the extra LS a bit (got 3% now instead of 5.8%) with a bit LoH like u said it should be fine, atm it aint bad either.. well onwards to the next "goal" B)
    Quote from thePJ

but is 3% LS enough then if you got high dam? i though u need at least 5 or 6% LS.

Yes. I have two off-hands - both swords, 850~ DPS, high dex (150/200), crit damage (60/90%) and a socket. The difference is one has 3% life-steal and the other has 960 LoH; I've found that for paragon/MF farming at like MP2 or 3 they're both about on par, although the survivability from the LS weapon seems to be marginally higher due to how much of my damage comes from SW and tornadoes (the fast AS I have hardly matters since 95% of mobs die in 2 hits).

On higher MPs I think the difference becomes less noticeable and if paired with another LoH piece (neck with 500+ or what have you) the other weapon would probably be a lot better. And for PvP the choice is obvious, taking into account damage reductions and everything else.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes