Best Monk Weapons, Help.

So this is my monk

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Kaeron-2249/hero/20030539

I know he kinda sucks, i'm working on it xD

But my question is, what kind of weapons should i aim for? Should i go for lightning weapons? is there a certain combo i should be using as weapons? Like Won Khim Lau, or something like that?

Regards
    you don't have to look for lightning weapons. The damage type on weapons is mostly irrelevant, although there is a clear advantage for non-elemental damage weapons (like Echoing Fury)

Won Khim Lau is different, since it directly boosts lightning skills. It's a good weapon, but it's almost impossible to afford one with good rolls.

Echoing fury with dex and a socket is a very good choice to get started.
    My monk Vin
    High dex, crit dmg, life steal and a socket.. The more dps the better... Those are good monk weapons.
    Currently played toon:
    http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Rage-2973/hero/28310

Profit:
    Flipping/Sniping: 6577€
    Quote from thundersteele

you don't have to look for lightning weapons. The damage type on weapons is mostly irrelevant, although there is a clear advantage for non-elemental damage weapons (like Echoing Fury)

Won Khim Lau is different, since it directly boosts lightning skills. It's a good weapon, but it's almost impossible to afford one with good rolls.

Echoing fury with dex and a socket is a very good choice to get started.

its really hard to get half decent weps with crit damage dex and a socket with a budget of 3 mil xD
    Last time I checked well rolled WKLs were kind a expensive, but its definetly a good offhand weapon. If you get WKL, you dont have to have lightning damage on weapons, because WKL adds damage when used with lightning SKILLS (like FoT and SW cyclones). Rares might be cheaper than WKL so if youre tight on budget, aim for a good rare. For Mainhand Echoing fury is the best, as it grants AS-bonus to offhand too.
    Quote from KalikooJack

Last time I checked well rolled WKLs were kind a expensive, but its definetly a good offhand weapon. If you get WKL, you dont have to have lightning damage on weapons, because WKL adds damage when used with lightning SKILLS (like FoT and SW cyclones). Rares might be cheaper than WKL so if youre tight on budget, aim for a good rare. For Mainhand Echoing fury is the best, as it grants AS-bonus to offhand too.

even if im loosing the 10% attack speed from my Sever?
    a main hand with non elemental damage and won khim lau offhand is probably one of the best combos
    won khim lau's +5-6% lightning damage only affects physical
    Quote from Kaeron

Quote from KalikooJack

Hmm, your battlenet profile shows you doesnt have a Sever, its propably not updated yet then. But if you have it and have 10% increased attack speed on it, I would still switch echoing fury for Main hand.

Heres how echoing fury works:
    if echoing fury has +0,24 attacks per sec, then your offhand secretly gets +0,24 attacks too! So if your offhand displays 1,3 attacks per sec, it really does 1,54 attacks per sec. And that my friend is huge difference in total attack speed and DPS offcourse. :)
    Quote from KalikooJack

Quote from Kaeron

Quote from KalikooJack

Hmm, your battlenet profile shows you doesnt have a Sever, its propably not updated yet then. But if you have it and have 10% increased attack speed on it, I would still switch echoing fury for Main hand.

Heres how echoing fury works:
    if echoing fury has +0,24 attacks per sec, then your offhand secretly gets +0,24 attacks too! So if your offhand displays 1,3 attacks per sec, it really does 1,54 attacks per sec. And that my friend is huge difference in total attack speed and DPS offcourse. :)

derp im an idiot, i meant sky splitter but my brain said sever for some fucking reason -_-
    Quote from Kaeron

derp im an idiot, i meant sky splitter but my brain said sever for some fucking reason -_-

Thats ok. :D but as I previously said echo is the way to go. I paid 40mil for my echo few weeks ago (check my sig) and I think prices have come down a bit since then. Some people dont like it because of the fear effect, but its only an issue with higher MP levels and not a big deal even then.
    It might not be a huge DPS boost, but I noticed your gloves and rings are a bit lacking in crit hit chance. Maybe look for some upgrades, possibly with attack speed too?
    One question, the offhand isnt supposed to be a fast atk speed weapon? Can anyone explain me that pls?=P
    Quote from Belzebuss

One question, the offhand isnt supposed to be a fast atk speed weapon? Can anyone explain me that pls?=P

I'm not an expert, but I believe that for monks, both weapons are equally important.
    One time monks hit with one hand, the next time with the other.
    So yeah, another disadvantage compared to barbarians.
    Quote from Belzebuss

+attacks per sec affix is stronger the slower offhand you have. ;)
    Weapon speed is already factored into the overall weapon DPS, hence it is a trade off of attack speed and weapon average damage.

Moreover, weapon speed only affects the weapon under consideration, whereas dex and cd are global attributes.
    Quote from MONK_P100

Weapon speed is already factored into the overall weapon DPS, hence it is a trade off of attack speed and weapon average damage.

Moreover, weapon speed only affects the weapon under consideration, whereas dex and cd are global attributes.

LOH is global atributte? I mean, I get heals only if I hit with a LOH weapon? or both weapons? even if I dont have LOH in the other weapon.
    whatever you do with your weapons, always check a decent damage-calculator first!

i'm using http://theasiangamer.com/diablo-iii-browser-based-damagegear-comparison-calculator/

if you play around with some weapons (more dps, more dex, more critdamage etc), you will get a feeling for what matters most and where to save your money.
    i.e. dps is expensive but does not do that much. 50 less for half the price is what you are looking for ;)
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes