Resolve vs Seize the Initiative?

Hey all.

Assuming that you have One with everything and 1 other passive (Beacon,Guardians path, fleet footed etc...) which one is going to give you more survivablity? For my monk i get about 5% damage reduction increase from Seize the initiate all time vs 20% damage reduction when i deal damage. On one hand when you are criting hard with cyclones It could be said that I am reducing damage from almost everyone, on the other hand i dont think this effects things like molten,arcane enchanted etc... Anybody know or have opinions? Thanks XD
    The 5% vs 20% damage reduction have to be taken with a grain of salt. I take my own monk as an example, I have 55% armor reduction without StI, 62% with it. This means, incoming damage drops from 45% down to 38%, which equals an effective damage reduction of about 15%, while the 20% from resolve always reduce the damage by 20% (if we ignore stuff, which would interfere with this calculation, like Crippling Wave + dmg reduction rune), but as you say, resolve does not reduce damage from all sources and it doesn't affect enemies you didn't damage yet.

In my opinion, StE is still generally more useful.
    StI

Kuken already explained how to properly calculate the effect of damage reduction abilities. In addition one should note that StI scales with gear, as you get more dex it becomes more efficient.
    My monk Vin
    Resolve only works vs Melee attacks.. Not since patch 1.0 have melee attacks done dmg.. Its all the other shit that hurts, moten, arcane enchanted,,, all the crap, as since Resolve doesnt work vs that. sTi is the way to go.
    Currently played toon:
    http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Rage-2973/hero/28310

Profit:
    Flipping/Sniping: 6577€
    Quote from Huminator

Resolve only works vs Melee attacks.. Not since patch 1.0 have melee attacks done dmg.. Its all the other shit that hurts, moten, arcane enchanted,,, all the crap, as since Resolve doesnt work vs that. sTi is the way to go.

i noticed that also, also why i always use seize, my brother is still using resolve because he "feels" that is works better then seize for him, guess he didn't see the influence of those molten/arcane etc.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes