Build for farming on MP0

Thought I would add my thoughts on this after I was inspired by Druins infinite TR post to dust off the monk.

So after reading it I got excited about this build and dropped 45m in a complete new gear set to try it out, considering 25m of that was the Skorn, SoJ and Xeph ammulet it really wasnt that bad for a complete overhaul head to toe.

Started out running with blade storm as I didnt think I had enough crit at the time (no crit on first Xeph) and also submission. Started out ok but was a little rough, was starting to feel like I wasted gold but wasn't ready to give up. So I switched to Cyclone and Overawe, huge difference, things died much much faster and my LS was much more effective, and this was running 22% crit at the time.

After having some success I've definitely decided to run with this build and have stopped playing my barb for the most part (except key runs and ubers, Hota/Rend is to OP for those :P). Spent a little more since then which actually lead me to something I wanted to add. Cold damage SoJ's are very effective for cyclone on this build, the slow tends to keep the mobs in the cyclones damage radius as they are chasing after you.

If you can afford the spirit regen pieces (Xeph's, Inna's Helm, Soj) I would definitely recomend going cyclone and overawe. You want to aim for about 6 spirit combined from them IF you are using a 2 hander with very little AS to get infinite TR. You will lose spirit due to using other abilities, but your going to stop to mop up elites faster anyways so it charges fast.

Currently back and forth between Deadly Reach and Fists of Thunder. Any damage boost is nice, but almost feel its not needed and I'm wasting more time stopping to refresh it. Also love Fist of Thunder for ranged elites that like to run around.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/adhal-1845/hero/3347001

Link to my profile if you want to see how Im currently building, Need some better luck on Hellfire rolls though ;o/
    I'm currently using this http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/monk#afXSYk!UcZ!aabacc for mp0, with 34% ms I works like a charm.
    Do people use Templar for helping keep up TR? I got an Inna Helm with 2.48 spirit regen and also a Xeph Ammy with 1.5 spirit regen. Will that be enough with Templar and using 2 hander with the right passives or do I need stone of Jordan as well?

Do people use Templar for helping keep up TR? I got an Inna Helm with 2.48 spirit regen and also a Xeph Ammy with 1.5 spirit regen. Will that be enough with Templar and using 2 hander with the right passives or do I need stone of Jordan as well?

Yes templar helps, but you will most likely need a SoJ unless you plan to stop to attack packs.

Bare minimum spirit regen you need to not lose spirit is around 11-11.5ish since you are going to get a bit of AS no matter what from inna's pants. So basically you will need around 6 SR from the 3 pieces.

However as Schmii pointed out you can use Circular Breathing and/or Inner Storm and the cost of some damage and go witout SR on gear.

Yes templar helps, but you will most likely need a SoJ unless you plan to stop to attack packs.

Bare minimum spirit regen you need to not lose spirit is around 11-11.5ish since you are going to get a bit of AS no matter what from inna's pants. So basically you will need around 6 SR from the 3 pieces.

However as Schmii pointed out you can use Circular Breathing and/or Inner Storm and the cost of some damage and go witout SR on gear.

Yea if I use Zeph Ammy I lose 7% crit chance, 57% crit damage, and 28 max damage. I dont think its worth losing all that. SoJs are just stupid when looking for the correct one. I want one with spirit regen and crit to TR why cant I search for that. I guess I will be forced to scroll through 50 pages of SoJs until I find a good one.

Also heres the math with my Inna's and taking all spirit regen runes and passives:
    2.48 from Inna Helm
    0.33 from Inna 3 piece
    3 from sweeping wind with inner storm
    3 from mantra of healing with circular breathing
    2 from chant of resonance
    ------------------------------------
    10.81 spirit regen before factoring in 35% from The Guardian's Path and another 12% from Templar.

so if thats 47% of 10.81 which is 5.08 and that gives me a total of 15.89 unless that math was wrong.

All my future monk's gear is on my WD right now listed below. Also should I sell my Skorn and maybe get one with less LifeSteal and more DPS? Looking at my gear will that be good enough for perma TR? Also remember since its a WD Its not showing my Innas which is like 145 dex some random vit and 6% CC.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Dabrixmgp-1694/hero/28660774
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes