Monk Help

Hello guys, i'm an average Diablo player looking for some tips in how should i improve my monk

I'm currently struggling to do Mp5 and i'm pretty low on cash and well i havent had the best luck in the world when it comes to drops

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Kaeron-2249/hero/20030539

Anything i should improve? regarding dps/items

I'm open to any kind of tips!

Regards =)
    I would suggest checking here for advice.

Just at a glance, I would say a lack of IAS is seriously hobbling you.

Also, you're wasting a Passive slot with the passive Combination Strike while not having a combination on your bar. That Passive is for builds that utilize dual generator attacks. i.e. Fists of Thunder and Way of the Hundred fists. Which I would suggest using until you solve your IAS issue. Remove Blinding Flash and use WothF/Blazing Wrath instead to significantly boost your IAS. Equip WothF as your right click and use it intermittently to keep you IAS boosted by a full 15%.

By "struggling to do MP5", do you mean struggling to survive, to kill or both?

Not enough can be said about life regain. Life regain encompasses a number of methods. Life on Hit Life Steal (X% of damage converted to life) and Life Regeneration per second.

LoH is your best bet for now. Once you get your DPS up over that 60k range, adding LS is essential. Without Life Regain methods, your monk will consistently be running for his life and/or dying.

These Elites have too much damage oozing off of their affixes for armor, dodge and resistance to mitigate alone.
    BurningRope#1322
    Moving this over the the Monk forums where people will likely help you better.

I would suggest checking here for advice.

Just at a glance, I would say a lack of IAS is seriously hobbling you.

Also, you're wasting a Passive slot with the passive Combination Strike while not having a combination on your bar. That Passive is for builds that utilize dual generator attacks. i.e. Fists of Thunder and Way of the Hundred fists. Which I would suggest using until you solve your IAS issue. Remove Blinding Flash and use WothF/Blazing Wrath instead to significantly boost your IAS. Equip WothF as your right click and use it intermittently to keep you IAS boosted by a full 15%.

By "struggling to do MP5", do you mean struggling to survive, to kill or both?

Not enough can be said about life regain. Life regain encompasses a number of methods. Life on Hit Life Steal (X% of damage converted to life) and Life Regeneration per second.

LoH is your best bet for now. Once you get your DPS up over that 60k range, adding LS is essential. Without Life Regain methods, your monk will consistently be running for his life and/or dying.

These Elites have too much damage oozing off of their affixes for armor, dodge and resistance to mitigate alone.

I did not know ias was so important, On mp5 is abit of both certain affixes are near impossible specially in act 4 when i get like Succubus with Molten/Plagued

Well but binding flash increased my Dps by alot for a couple of seconds and also blinds them which usually saves my ass when serenity is on CD

So at 60k dps i drop LoH and try and get LS?

Hmm, i'm extremly confused now xD

Moving this over the the Monk forums where people will likely help you better.

Sorry for posting on wrong forum

I did not know ias was so important, On mp5 is abit of both certain affixes are near impossible specially in act 4 when i get like Succubus with Molten/Plagued

Well but binding flash increased my Dps by alot for a couple of seconds and also blinds them which usually saves my ass when serenity is on CD

IAS brings not only more DPS but also a far greater return on LS and LoH. Between an APS rating of 1.85 and 2.2 you will be shocked at the sudden uptempo in life recovery through LoH and LS.

I wouldn't ditch LoH altogether. It still works great at higher MP's and/or with higher DPS. Only, you should add LS to the mix.

I found that at 70k DPS base, just 500+ LoH and 2.5-3.0 LS was sufficient to mitigate Reflect Damage mobs.

As to Blinding Flash;

It does have both a healthy DPS buff and a short lived survival aspect. Though it has an incredibly limited use against Elites, pretty much the only enemies we're really worried about.

My issue with it was the lack of up-time and it's relatively limited blind effect on Elites. If you used a combo build with FoT/Thunder and WothF/Blazing Fists, you would see a dramatic upswing in LoH returns, DPS and even your movement speed is temporarily boosted by a full 15%, allowing you to make haste and get the hell out of trouble.

I would try it to see how you like it. I have recommended it to other people whom struggle with the same issues, as I had it recommended to me some weeks ago. I would say that the ability to kite around smoothly and mitigate your CD is far more effective than a very short blind burst (nerfed against elites by what 0.5 seconds??).

The combo build is linked in my siggy.
    BurningRope#1322

IAS brings not only more DPS but also a far greater return on LS and LoH. Between an APS rating of 1.85 and 2.2 you will be shocked at the sudden uptempo in life recovery through LoH and LS.

I wouldn't ditch LoH altogether. It still works great at higher MP's and/or with higher DPS. Only, you should add LS to the mix.

I found that at 70k DPS base, just 500+ LoH and 2.5-3.0 LS was sufficient to mitigate Reflect Damage mobs.

As to Blinding Flash;

It does have both a healthy DPS buff and a short lived survival aspect. Though it has an incredibly limited use against Elites, pretty much the only enemies we're really worried about.

My issue with it was the lack of up-time and it's relatively limited blind effect on Elites. If you used a combo build with FoT/Thunder and WothF/Blazing Fists, you would see a dramatic upswing in LoH returns, DPS and even your movement speed is temporarily boosted by a full 15%, allowing you to make haste and get the hell out of trouble.

I would try it to see how you like it. I have recommended it to other people whom struggle with the same issues, as I had it recommended to me some weeks ago. I would say that the ability to kite around smoothly and mitigate your CD is far more effective than a very short blind burst (nerfed against elites by what 0.5 seconds??).

The combo build is linked in my siggy.

Well you make a very good point.

My i never tried 2 x Resource Generating skills, how would i use it? i usually just hold left click while rotating other skills
    How would i work with them? and why not just use Woth and drop fists of thunder? Do i alternate between them?

Another question, where should i replace my current gear? whre should i add the Ias im missing? i assume i dont want weapons with less than 1.40 speed right?

Sorry for the spam of questions im a casually player i never looked into much of the theorycrafting behind the skills
    bumpzorrrr
    Always did the dual generator in sequence. 1 FOT, 2 DR, 3 FOT, 1 FOT, 2 DR.......... The combo strike buff only lasts for 3 sec so you need to keep rotating. I like using Deadly Reach for the combo build mostly because it lets you choose between an armor buff and damage buff depending on your gear/MP/build. It's also nice to be able to stand outside a ground affect and still do damage.
    The base weapon speed isn’t necessarily a problem if you have IAS on your gear. Most guys run 1 slow weapon (mace, spear) and 1 fast weapon (dagger, fist). I currently have a spear/dagger. But with the IAS on my gear I’m hitting at 1.8/2.2. It makes a world of difference.
    If you`re struggling with mp5 simply dont do it, the rewards arent worth it if mobs take ages to kill. Looking at your armory get a 2nd inna piece, your legs while giving good dual resists need more dex and vitality, your amulet needs a 2nd dps stat only 7.5 crit dmg isnt enough. Get average dmg on rings and amulet it improves your dps by a lot. In general you lack crit dmg and attack speed. Try getting an echoing fury with a socket and above 950 dps. Tbh you need to have sockets on both weapons.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes