Need tips for gear/build

Hi, I have been using the website for a while and thought now is the time to ask people for their opinions and help to chose new gear. My profile is at eu.battle. net/d3/en/profile/koleny-2969/hero/14185163 (can't post urls but heroes name is bjaerv). My goal is to do as much damage as possible and survive higher monster power levels. Right now I'm always doing mp4 for keys and it is going really good, I could probably go higher with the gear I have but I would like to get some tips what items I should upgrade and what stats to get for survivaval/damage for as high mp as possible (mp10 is pretty much the goal of course). I have been thinking about getting two pieces of natalya's to get the crit% bonus from the set.
    As you can see I'm going for a crit/cyclone build right now but maybe I have to change my strategy for higher mp? Like changing mantras etc. All help is appreciated!

Thank you for your help
    Regards Koleny
    I have been thinking about changing inna's head for a natalya head, ice climbers for natalya shoes, chest piece for inna's chest. I don't have the money right now but do you think it's an good idea? It's mostly for the 7% crit dmg, I'll get more survivability this way, lower my dex but I'll get higher critchance and higher movements speed. Does this sound like an good idea? I'm pretty sure higher crit gives more damage then the dex I lose as it scales really good with crit damage.
    go to the rate my monk thread man
    MP 10 you want much higher EHP. Whether you stack health or resists/armor I don't care, probably both need to go up. You will also need some more LoH (or 6% LS).

Also you don't wear that stupid hellfire ring on MP10. It's never going to be efficient for exp farming, so it's a waste to wear that ring if you have better dps rings. Similarly I always switch to a %Life gem in the head when I go for high MP.
    After a quick look at your profile I'd say your priority should probably be some new weapons now..

resists are all ok, hp is a bit low. LoH is fineish with the 3% lifesteal, when you change the weapon though I would say pick up some more LoH.

Resolve? huh?

I saw a spreadsheet on the maths from blinding flash - take combination strike and WotHF instead.
    Link: http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/koleny-2969/hero/14185163

On gear: Nat's Helmet? Yours offer 5.5% crit and 182 dex plus some vitality and resist, Nat's can't get those stats. You can either pick Inna's or Mempo's there. If you want the Nat's bonus there's only one acceptable solution: boots+ring and that ring with crit cost a fortune... Actually you're talking about gear choices that are fare out of your league judging from your current equipment.

shoulder: double resist
    pants: higher resist
    chest: double resist or Inna's with single resist or high vita
    helmet: higher resist + more vitality
    gloves: more dex and a fifth stat (all resist, vita, crit damage)
    bracer: vita (probably your weakest slot) or lacuni for the runspeed but decently rolled are super expensive
    rare ring: a fifth stat (average damage, vita, attack speed, %life, all resist)
    amulet: higher average damage, more dex, a fifth stat (attack speed, fire resist, all resist, vita, %life)
    belt: two strong rolls but no defense at all, always look out for a piece with resists and/or vita
    boots: base vita, those 11% life are barely enough to sacrifice 12% runspeed. You want at least vita in addition to it's normal stats to make up for that or drop them for some regular boots with high dex, high vita and double resist plus movement speed
    weapon(s): second 100% emerald, more of everything. Probably the most expensiv spot - if you have to you can get life on hit on jewelry and focus here on more dps solely ignoring life regen stats to keep the price reasonable

tldr;
    a) get resists up, 450 is just to low.
    B) get vita up, more effective health is important to surive *any* reflect pack
    c) get damage up, several ways to achieve that but i'd focus on defense first due to lacking in that department a lot
    Quote from MxoxoSSG
    Resolve? huh?

I saw a spreadsheet on the maths from blinding flash - take combination strike and WotHF instead.

Care to elaborate? Resolve is 20% less damage taken for the whole party while you attack stuff, that's fine. It's not like 'Seize the Initiative' is that strong after the 50% nerf. And blinding flash is just awesome, it's a 30% damage buff to your sweeping wind AND a crowd control spell on a rather short cooldown. I could see him take deadly reach/foresight over the heal, it's slighty more damage and adds some utility for packs with lots of nasty affixes - but he's only at 100k dps so stacking more dps and having a heal on a short cooldown (healing for ~ 20% of your current hitpoints) isn't to bad either.
    Quote from thundersteele

MP 10 you want much higher EHP. Whether you stack health or resists/armor I don't care, probably both need to go up. You will also need some more LoH (or 6% LS).

Also you don't wear that stupid hellfire ring on MP10. It's never going to be efficient for exp farming, so it's a waste to wear that ring if you have better dps rings. Similarly I always switch to a %Life gem in the head when I go for high MP.

Yeah I know that I shouldn't wear a crappy hellfire ring at mp10, but as I said I farm 4-6 right now for keys rather easy and I'm FAR from being able to go MP10, It's a work in progress and will take some time. Going higher MP I do change my gem although I am trying to Tempest Rush farm right now so I get higher paragon level and get items to sell which is the reason I have the ring (and also because I'm having no big problems with packs on the MP I play right now so I can use the ring). But yeah, my EHP is rather low right now which I will try to upgrade eventually.
    I can't quote you Ballon as even if I remove the link it says I can't post URLs, but here is my response to you:

About Nat set bonus, I realized rather quickly myself that the only reasonable combination would be the ring and boots and as this is work in progress I hope that eventually I will be able to get good natalya's in both slots (which by playing the game, you will eventually be able to afford it... or find it xD). I really appriciate your timespent for analyzing my gear and giving me tips. I know this will take time to upgrade, but nothing comes easy right? Also as you said that Seize the initiative has been nerfed, do I have any better choice? I'm not planing on jumping into mp10 anytime soon, it's kind of my long time goal with the game so I can keep myself motivated to keep on playing! I hadn't been playing since 1.03, I missed 1.04 and now I started playing 1.05 and got all this gear just during this time and because of this I have missed a lot of nerfs etc, I just continued playing as I used to before all buffs to legendary items etc.

Is there a possibility that you are willing to post your profile so I can take a look at it?

Other then MP10 I have been thinking about buying a skorn with decent crit damage and lifesteal to be able to tempest rush farm act 3 faster then I can right now which I hope will lead to more magic find fast -> more legendary items to sell (also getting legendary items while farming). Is this a good idea? I have been doing it with the gear I have right now which has been working rather OK, but as two 1h weapons drain a lot of spirit during tempest rush the runs varies in effectivity.
    I have the same problem atm us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/godmui-1786/hero/19435885 can anyone take a look at this and give me some advice?
    I feel underpowered and dont feel like I am able to do more than mp 3 what upgrades and tweaks can I make
    @koleny
    I don't see how posting my profile give you any advices on your current situation, it's all a matter of time/dedictation/dropluck until you basically end up in the same position.

There are seveal useful passives depending on your playstyle and setup (i love beacon of ytar for higher monsterpower, feels rather powerful having blind/serenity/heal on a shorter cooldown compared to another 15% dodge bonus or 1500 extra armor). You don't want/need a skorn for tempest rush build, you simply can't afford running through mobs with it (unless you're willing to sacrifice a ton of dps and pick up spirit regen gear) - you only use it to get from on pack to another and beat them the old fashioned way. The longer it takes you to kill those packs the better - you need those times to regain spirit.

@godmui
    You either posted the wrong link or something is off there - with that gear you can beat monsters on mp3 without any skills, just your bare fists. All there's left to do: pick up more resist (chest, helmet) and get a decent second ring besides finding some sort of life recovry - i'd look for a weapon with lifesteal but on mp3 mobs should die fast enough so you can just stay alive via health globes left behind.
    Quote from ballon

I don't see how posting my profile give you any advices on your current situation, it's all a matter of time/dedictation/dropluck until you basically end up in the same position.

There are seveal useful passives depending on your playstyle and setup (i love beacon of ytar for higher monsterpower, feels rather powerful having blind/serenity/heal on a shorter cooldown compared to another 15% dodge bonus or 1500 extra armor). You don't want/need a skorn for tempest rush build, you simply can't afford running through mobs with it (unless you're willing to sacrifice a ton of dps and pick up spirit regen gear) - you only use it to get from on pack to another and beat them the old fashioned way. The longer it takes you to kill those packs the better - you need those times to regain spirit.

Too see what you ended up with as you seem to know what you're doing. But if you don't want to then I won't force you. Thank you for the tips on passives. I picked up a skorn rather cheap on AH and it does wonders for me as I don't need exalted soul for more spirit anymore, I pretty much never run out of spirit with the skorn. I now use fleet footed instead. Also if you kill your mobs to fast, isn't that a good sign? Just use higher MP and you'll get more exp + magic find.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes