Guide: How to gear your monk step by step 60k dps easymode act3

Quote from terdroblade

Can someone give me some advice on my next upgrade. got 6 mil to spend. Terdroblade#2988
    ty in advance

For dps: I'd go for a glove change with dex 120+, cc 7+ and either ias 6+ or cd 30+ and then the black treasure ring next.
    For defense: Look for higher vit on pants
    I want to ask you if you could have a look at my profile, because i have the idea i'm on the right path, but still only have 44k dps.
    Yesterday i found my 1st legend which was actually worth lots of money (set piece for a barbarian), netting me 21 million. I know want to spend it to improve my monk (even although i realize patch 1.05 is coming):
    http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/MagiusPaulus-2893/hero/2060867
    I think i miss some basics as explained in this topic. I might have focused a bit too much on resistance, although i think 700 res is about right. However, dps is lacking and especailly my rings are a bit random. Any advice how i can (fairly cheaply) improve some things here?
    Especially the helm seems like it can improve. I have much faith in the 6% Fist of Thunder bonus it gives, as it is the main source of damage next to the cyclone. Or should i just put more dex on it and forget about that bonus?
    Lots of questions i know, but would be appreciated if you would like to answer some of them at least.
    Many thanks in advance :)
    everyone can do high dps, the question is how good do you play so u can survive with low amounts of defenses. High dps and defense is very expensive and thus impossible to achieve. If u wanne do very high dps then you'll need to slowly lower your resitances untill a certain point. However more dps also increases your defenses. The weird situation is when u lower your restance and increase your dps, your basicly gonna have the same survivability.

Patch is coming soon, so would just recommand to save up your cash, i probably make a new thread for 100k dps after patch, since the new items will give a major damage boost. Escpially the new rings and amulets and maybe even cheap enough legendaries to use,

All your items need upgrading,but mostly your amulet. But its better to save money and buy 1 good item u dont need to upgrade for a while then having 3 crappy items. But your very close, try to get 55k dps,a better amulet add 8k dps, better rings..and some more dex on other items and your near 60k
    How about me, take a look at my profile on the thread I created?
    Quote from Deadlybonne

All your items need upgrading,but mostly your amulet. But its better to save money and buy 1 good item u dont need to upgrade for a while then having 3 crappy items. But your very close, try to get 55k dps,a better amulet add 8k dps, better rings..and some more dex on other items and your near 60k

Tx for the feedback mate. The amulet was for a quick MF change, the one i have now has quite some more dps (although it is the legacy Ourobos unfortunately).
    I guess waiting for patch is best, but because i have a few days off i wanted to play right when the patch goes live :) Also, could yu say something about the bonus skill on the helmet (increase fist of thunder damage)? Is it worth sacrificing dex for, or not so?
    skill bonus are not that great, so i wouldnt look for it, but if an item has it, its a small bonus. Sweeping winds bonus might be better, fist of thunder damage is pretty weak if u don't have sweeping winds up. a bonus like that will probably end up as bis gear. Since thats gonna be the last affix u can use to boost a bit more damage.

Dex will be better since its gonna boost all your damage
    Just wanne mention that this gear setup, 60k+ dps works well in MP3, a bit harder on MP4

Overal im running MP4 with 30000hp and 460 res and lifesteal and pickupradius.

I would recommand taking a friend when getting keys since higher MP is easier then alone.

ps: reflect damage seems to be most annoying
    It looks that we have to add 10k DPS for each MP level starting from 40DPS at MP1.

I just got a key in act 1 at MP2 playing alone, and it is only my second attempt in the Field of Misery.

It is just a matter of chance, and it is up 10% per MP level, so we have equal chance playing more frequently at lower MP levels.
    gonna bump this since people start asking same questions again hehe
    You might have to make some amendments for 1.0.5 and price updates for some legendary and set items for 60k+ dps level.

Some notes on DPS, resist, armor and survivability at low to medium MP levels might be helpful too.
    Looks like you are spending a lot of gold, how much does all of this gear total?
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes