Need help with some affixes (Stone of Jordan)

Hi fellow monks,

if someone could help me with my questions below, I would be very grateful!

As i was farming A3 tonight i got a nice roll on a SOJ (My Roll: 6% to Lightning Damage, +11% Fists of Thunder Damage, +26% DMG to Elites)! By the circumstances, that it is the values all ​​are "passive" damage modifiers​​, i have difficulty evaluate the ring properly.
    1. Which enemies are all categorized as elite?
    2. How to calculate the damage increase for FOT done by the modifier on my Ring (+11DMG to FOT)?
    3. Am I right in assuming that the 6% elemental damage must simply be seen as a DPS increase of 6%?
    Thanks in advance!
    "What medicine does not heal, the fire cures!"

immo (Monk) ~ 215k DPS / 632k EHP
    1. Elites (blue), Champs (yellow), Bosses, and I think Uniques (purple)
    2. If FoT deal 110% than with SoJ you deal 121%
    3. Wrong. It adds 6% to DMG (not DPS), but only to non-elemental DMG. (+6% to weapon dmg before adding elemental affixes and +6% to X-Y dmg from jawelry)
    Quote from Grigori

1. Elites (blue), Champs (yellow), Bosses, and I think Uniques (purple)
    2. If FoT deal 110% than with SoJ you deal 121%
    3. Wrong. It adds 6% to DMG (not DPS), but only to non-elemental DMG. (+6% to weapon dmg before adding elemental affixes and +6% to X-Y dmg from jawelry)

but OP said "6% to lightning damage" so it adds 6% to whatever skill or weapon that does lightning damage.
    +6% lightning damage - means + to base DMG, not directly to DPS - so 1000 DMG weapon gets 60 DMG bonus before INT buff
    +6% to lightning damage - means + 6% to lightning DMG - so if you deal 500 lightning DMG it would add 30 DMG before INT buff, but if you use electrical dmg spell, it adds 6% to that skill dmg (if skill says 350% of weapon dmg as electrical, that sum gets another boost of 6%)

That's my opinion :)
    Quote from Grigori

So it is way better to have weapons with +min/max DMG instead of +elemental DMG? I just didnt really get it :facepalm:

i thought it added 6% lightning dmg to your dmg pool, so if your dmg pool is 100 dmg, it would add 6 lightning dmg. Giving you 106 dmg total. But yeah, i guess you could see it as adds more dmg to light dmg you already had. i dont know to be honest, but i'd like to
    Regards DreamWalker

Donnie: Why are you wearing that stupid bunny suit?
    Frank: Why are you wearing that stupid man suit?
    Quote from immor

Quote from Grigori

So it is way better to have weapons with +min/max DMG instead of +elemental DMG? I just didnt really get it :facepalm:

it adds 6% to min physical damage.
    so it adds 12% to the X from jewelry, but not to Y
    it also works on non-elemental damage on weapons.

that being said you can ignore this since it's being patched in PTR.
    and 6% holy damage will actually give you 1.06x damage once 1.05 comes out.

rare packs, champion packs, and bosses are considered elites.
    granted I've only tested stone of jordan on azmodan, I'm assuming it works on all uniques/bosses.
    Stop feeding yourselfs with bull$hit

Originally Posted by (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

The "+x% Elemental Damage" affix works by adding "x%" of your physical damage to your attack, in the form of the damage type listed.

So, really basic example:
    Your physical damage is 100, and the item adds +3% Fire damage.
    You gain 3 extra damage to your attacks as Fire damage.

Things this takes into account:
    Rings, mojos, orbs (etc) that have an "X-Y" damage affix (e.g. "1-2 Damage")
    The base damage range of your weapon, before any elemental damage is added from the affix
    +Min or +Max affixes on weapons (Note: It doesn't benefit from "+X-Y Elemental Damage" affixes on weapons.)

We realize the current wording for this affix can be confusing, and it's something we'd like to make more clear in the future. If you have any suggestions for how this affix could be better worded, we're definitely interested in your suggestions. Just keep in mind that space is limited in item tooltips, and that whatever we use would need to be translated into all of our supported languages.

http://us.battle.net...c/6413025317#13

Quote from ExecutoR2006

+6% lightning damage - means + to base DMG, not directly to DPS - so 1000 DMG weapon gets 60 DMG bonus before INT buff
    +6% to lightning damage - means + 6% to lightning DMG - so if you deal 500 lightning DMG it would add 30 DMG before INT buff, but if you use electrical dmg spell, it adds 6% to that skill dmg (if skill says 350% of weapon dmg as electrical, that sum gets another boost of 6%)

That's my opinion :)

And you are wrong.
    There are 2 kind of affixes
    first, like SoJ (i.e. Adds 5-6% to Arcane Damage), and
    second, like Won Kim Lau (Lightning skills deal 15-25% more damage)
    So for a monk there is no difference buying a SoJ with lighting / fire / whatelse dmg right ?
    Quote from Grigori

Stop feeding yourselfs with bull$hit

Originally Posted by (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

The "+x% Elemental Damage" affix works by adding "x%" of your physical damage to your attack, in the form of the damage type listed.

So, really basic example:
    Your physical damage is 100, and the item adds +3% Fire damage.
    You gain 3 extra damage to your attacks as Fire damage.

Things this takes into account:
    Rings, mojos, orbs (etc) that have an "X-Y" damage affix (e.g. "1-2 Damage")
    The base damage range of your weapon, before any elemental damage is added from the affix
    +Min or +Max affixes on weapons (Note: It doesn't benefit from "+X-Y Elemental Damage" affixes on weapons.)

We realize the current wording for this affix can be confusing, and it's something we'd like to make more clear in the future. If you have any suggestions for how this affix could be better worded, we're definitely interested in your suggestions. Just keep in mind that space is limited in item tooltips, and that whatever we use would need to be translated into all of our supported languages.

http://us.battle.net...c/6413025317#13

Thank you :cheers:! But to be honest, the tooltiip really suxx :bleh:

Quote from Neivri

So for a monk there is no difference buying a SoJ with lighting / fire / whatelse dmg right ?

No, there is no difference, except Cold SoJ which would give you free slow effect on hit.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes