Help in Gearing my monk, part 3

Since you are good on vit i would go for cr. But its more a question how much gold you are willing to spend. So i would buy whats cheaper.
    Words of wisdom: Don't follow the advice of people who won't have to deal with the consequences.
    Can recommend the 2 set 130dex bonus for innas. And wait for the right peice, since you will wear it for a long time you whant it to be good. Just wait for someone to drop a cold res inna for the same price as without cold res.

I haven't got time to read the thread but here is just a thought after looking at your gear;
    900 LoH with slow APS seems kind of bad, with that high dps you could focus on life steal instead. Getting a faster weapon for more cyclones.
    With 39k life you can afford a ruby in helm.
    That chest armor lacks 3 sockets, or at least 2. Very good defense yes but you should aim for more dex.
    The gloves lack dex, res, vitality for you getting all three as, cc, cd. Get rid of cd on gloves since weapons got you good there and get higher dex, res, vit, and also 8 cc and as.
    With 800 LoH on weapon the skull grasp becomes pretty bad. I mean you dont really have a hard time with elites with that dps right? so sell it and get some money to invest in +6as,4cc,dex ring.
    Good shoulders, good bracers, good belt, great ring
    Amulet LoH AGAIN :) didnt see that untill now. You can get enough life regen from 2.5-3 life steal with that dps. try it!
    And last get ms on boots. with fleet footes and innas temperence will get you to 24, and then this game starts to be fun :)
    Just a thought :)
    Quote from gaeddan

Can recommend the 2 set 130dex bonus for innas. And wait for the right peice, since you will wear it for a long time you whant it to be good. Just wait for someone to drop a cold res inna for the same price as without cold res.

I haven't got time to read the thread but here is just a thought after looking at your gear;
    900 LoH with slow APS seems kind of bad, with that high dps you could focus on life steal instead. Getting a faster weapon for more cyclones.
    With 39k life you can afford a ruby in helm.
    That chest armor lacks 3 sockets, or at least 2. Very good defense yes but you should aim for more dex.
    The gloves lack dex, res, vitality for you getting all three as, cc, cd. Get rid of cd on gloves since weapons got you good there and get higher dex, res, vit, and also 8 cc and as.
    With 800 LoH on weapon the skull grasp becomes pretty bad. I mean you dont really have a hard time with elites with that dps right? so sell it and get some money to invest in +6as,4cc,dex ring.
    Good shoulders, good bracers, good belt, great ring
    Amulet LoH AGAIN :) didnt see that untill now. You can get enough life regen from 2.5-3 life steal with that dps. try it!
    And last get ms on boots. with fleet footes and innas temperence will get you to 24, and then this game starts to be fun :)
    Just a thought :)

Exactly my thoughts. I am planning (if i keep playing enough to get the gold because RL takes a lot of time :D):
    Inna's pants
    Armor
    Amulet
    Skull Grasp
    Gloves (they will cost a lot)
    Boots (the same as mine, but with move speed)
    2nd ring (no point in the CR on point i think... i can get a better ring if i loose the Cr, remains to be seen) or weapon (better weapon with more speed)

Edit: At the moment I have 14kk and waiting to sell items worth 25-35kk so i just have to wait for those Inna's
    depends on your cash ;D
    IMO Inna pants and belt is the best combo. +8% light damage from belt is amazing. Belt with a single resist is also pretty cheap

Edit: or if you really have cash to spend, get a witching hour belt with dex. . .
    Quote from strakh

IMO Inna pants and belt is the best combo. +8% light damage from belt is amazing. Belt with a single resist is also pretty cheap

Edit: or if you really have cash to spend, get a witching hour belt with dex. . .

Its amazing when u have a wep with ONLY pys dmg...
    http://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo3Strategy/comments/wrejh/has_anyone_figured_out_how_adds_x_to_element/c5g1mb6
    Words of wisdom: Don't follow the advice of people who won't have to deal with the consequences.
    Quote from ilumm

U dont need ms on boots if u get inna´s pants and switch a passive. ;) Saves you a big chunk of gold.
    Quote from Shinna1989

Quote from ilumm

U dont need ms on boots if u get inna´s pants and switch a passive. ;) Saves you a big chunk of gold.

Actually you can go over the max MS with the monk passive.
    Quote from Shinna1989

Quote from strakh

Its amazing when u have a wep with ONLY pys dmg...
    http://www.reddit.co...element/c5g1mb6

According to your Quote and to the fact that my main hand only has physical damage and my off hand has only physical damage and holy damage it seems the Inna belt is great for me (except it doesn't give MS)
    Quote from ilumm

Quote from Shinna1989

Quote from ilumm

Actually you can go over the max MS with the monk passive.

I know u can go over the 25% cap with the passive...But is it realy worth it? Do you farm that often? Im farming on a daily base and im good with just the passive and the pants.

According to your Quote and to the fact that my main hand only has physical damage and my off hand has only physical damage and holy damage it seems the Inna belt is great for me (except it doesn't give MS)

Yes a wep with only pys dmg benefits greatly from this affix. Its a nice dmg upgrade.
    Ok. I am having a problem:

I have my eyes set on Inna's pants with either vita (50-80) or CR (30-50), but none of them can be found on EU at 33million (my current sum), even at biding.

I see the following possibilities:
    - Buy Innas pants with nothings on them (or armor) as they are cheaper, but i see this as a waste because i will have to change them eventually
    - Save for Vita or CR Inna's pants
    - Buy Innas belt with CR or Vita (the belt is cheaper and will give a lot of dmg as all my dmg is either physical or holy).

What do you guys and gals think?

Edit: Current gear: http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Ilumm-2341/hero/15102566
    Quote from ilumm

Ok. I am having a problem:

I have my eyes set on Inna's pants with either vita (50-80) or CR (30-50), but none of them can be found on EU at 33million (my current sum), even at biding.

I see the following possibilities:
    - Buy Innas pants with nothings on them (or armor) as they are cheaper, but i see this as a waste because i will have to change them eventually
    - Save for Vita or CR Inna's pants
    - Buy Innas belt with CR or Vita (the belt is cheaper and will give a lot of dmg as all my dmg is either physical or holy).

What do you guys and gals think?

Edit: Current gear: http://eu.battle.net...1/hero/15102566

The "Adds x% to holy" works ONLY for the pysical dmg of your wep(min dmg of the wep + bonus dmg on rings and amu). A wep with elemental(regardless if its holy or not) affix is pretty worthless.

See: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6413082606?page=1#4

The pants should be a way better upgrade in terms of dps. The belt was like a 4k dps upgrade and the pants like 9k. So i would prefer the pants over the belt. I would go for a vit roll on the pants since you will loose alot from your current pants. Maybe replace your gloves first and then safe your gold for some good pants. I got mine for 37mil dirt cheap and was a 1d12hrs instant b/o. :)
    Inna's Pants have been bought.
    I switch to the speed passive as well.

I think the Sage gloves are next as the gloves+boots are good and they give a nice +35 to all stats.
    I dont think sage is worth it just for the +35 set bonus. Your boots arent that bad so i would go for some good rolled rare gloves. +150dex, some vit, some res and like +8 ias and cc. TriForce are nice for sure but imo you need other stats atm then just some ccd on top. ;) I got mine for 12mil like 1 week ago. After upgrading the gloves i would try to get my hands on a new amu. I guess echoing fury and a new chest should be next upgrades then.
    The Sage gloves are actually great: a pair with 8crit chance, 20-27crit dmg, 6-8ias, armor, 80+vita, 90+ dex are acceptable. I actually do not need res atm (758 all ress), but some vita would be nice because i try to keep my life at 30k at now it is under.

The armor comes after the gloves most likely. I presume good rolled rare is best here.

Why echoing fury? They are quite hard to get with Dex, Crit Chance and Socket... (none on Europe Gold AH atm).
    Got mine without ccd for like 40mil. Its hard to find to weps with high enough dps, ccd and socket without elemental dmg on em...dex on top makes it even worse and much more expensive. Thats way i got my weps without ccd on em...
    My weapons are already quite great (only some holy dmg that goes well with the Inna belt).
    Quote from ilumm

My weapons are already quite great (only some holy dmg that goes well with the Inna belt).

Its not going well with innas belt...ONLY the pysical min dmg of the wep gets boosted. No matter if its holy or fire elemental dmg. You need weps without any kind of elemental dmg to max the dmg from "adds x% to elemental dmg". Thats why your offhand isnt that great when using innas belt.

Echoing fury is great cuz the x.xx aps from the wep gets applied to the offhand as well and is a huge dps boost. Depending on your current gear its worth like +15% ias which is worth like 2 items with ias on em.
    Quote from Shinna1989

Quote from ilumm

Its not going well with innas belt...ONLY the pysical min dmg of the wep gets boosted. No matter if its holy or fire elemental dmg. You need weps without any kind of elemental dmg to max the dmg from "adds x% to elemental dmg". Thats why your offhand isnt that great when using innas belt.

Echoing fury is great cuz the x.xx aps from the wep gets applied to the offhand as well and is a huge dps boost. Depending on your current gear its worth like +15% ias which is worth like 2 items with ias on em.

1. So Echoing Fury is a good off-hand not main hand. I should look for crit dmg and socket in it and not worry about it's actual damage, am I right?

2. Also, what should i change next? I was thinking between chest/gloves and amu.

3. I could also just save up money for 1.0.5 so I can fare as good as possible against the uber bosses and the "players x". At the moment i can clear A3 fast in solo (more MS and MF would be the only things to help).
    Well echoing fury can roll very high DPS, but it can't roll high crit damage because it's ilvl 62. Whether you call it main-hand or off-hand doesn't matter unless you use Wave of Light.
    My monk Vin
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes