Help in Gearing my monk, part 3

My monk is currently: http://eu.battle.net...1/hero/15102566 (updated)

Stats (updated)
    Dmg. Unbuffed: 63.771
    Crit Chance: 37.5%
    Crit Hit Dmg: 301
    Life: 39.6k
    Dodge: 41.8%
    All ress: 839 (73.43%)
    Loh: 1298
    Armor (with enchantress): 6622 (68.82%)

My main problems here are the following (updated):
    - I would like to get the bonus from Inna's 2 parts (+130dex), especially from the pants, but i the only way I think I can do now is by replacing the gems in the pants and the amulet with +vitality.

- My Attacks per second went quite down (1.59). Will this be a problem for a SW build?

- My LoH went too high so I will need to change the amulet again i think with one with less (or without LoH)

For the moment my plan would be:
    - shoulders like mine but with vitality

- Buy Inna's Pants with CR (and replace the emeralds with +vita gems for the moment)

What do you think?

As such, please help me.

I play on the EU server. Ilumm#2341
    What's your damage like? I currently only have around 550 all resist and 0 life on hitand I have no problem fsming act 3. My damage is just over 60k unbuffed... Maybe you should try getting some more damage if ours lower then say 40k
    As can be seen in my profile, 47.5k unbuffed, without the scoundrel.
    The amount of res and loh needed for farming act3 fast and safe depends on your dps. U need those values cuz of your current dps. With lets say 70k dps unbuffed u wont need that much since even elites are dead while your cds are running.

You are stucked on upgrades cuz your offhand kinda limits your whole gearset atm. The 5% lightning dmg is a waste cuz your weapons mostly got elemental dmg. So this 5% isnt much at all.

See: http://www.diablofan...c-blue-clarify/

Whats left on your offhand is: dps+dex+socket+16% extra dmg for lighning skills.

Basicly get a new mainhand and offhand and replace your neck which results in a nice dps gain. Aim for +1k dps mainhand with lots of dex and open socket. For sure u can get one for like 30mil. Get an offhand with dex(as much as u can effort), crit dmg(at least 60%), +500 loh and open socket. I found mine with those stats and close to 800dps for like 9mil. Buy a new neck with +120 dex, crit chance and crit dmg. If you are still good on gold replace the rare ring as well. A ring with +80dex, +7ias and crit hit dont cost a furtune.

In terms of 2pc innas. The pants are sick and a great dps boost. ATM you cant wear them cuz your shoulders and gloves dont have vit at all. So replace those next and then go for innas pants. Dont worry to much about resist. Even with like +600 res you can farm act3 without dying much. All you need is dmg. Dmg is king always! ;)

P.S. Stop using the scoundrel! Enchantress > Scoundrel anytime in any terms!
    While you make a valid point you miss 2 important things:
    1. The offhand is sick in terms of damage dealt with SW (this can be felt just by using it ingame). Edit: However that is good only for mobs mostly. Direct damage is better for elites so i see your points
    2. The Scoundrel gives a little more dmg than the enchantress on direct attacks and the 3% makes SW proc more often. Edit: Can you explain why enchantress or link a thread?

I changed my:
    Mainhand
    Offhand
    Amulet (bought a one with LoH because it was cheap)
    replaced my emeralds on the amu and pants with star emeralds.

I will ask for more advice after the items come (bought through the RMAH) and the profile page is updated.

Regarding gloves: gloves like mine, but with 50-80 vita cost a huge amount. I am better of buying a better gem in helm.
    Don't forget the enchantress can give you a 15% armor boost as well. As Shinna stated, a main hand replacement shouldn't break your bank at all, The same weapon with 100 dex instead of int would provide a decent gain. I would also make it a point to get rid of the first ring; fire resist isn't your main. You might end up losing 1% or so on your crit rate, but a 3% 100+ dex ring shouldn't be too expensive at all, if you're concerned about losing that life on hit, switch to life steal on your main in addition to a crit, socket, and dex. Lastly, those gems in the pants and amulet are a cheap upgrade.
    I bought a beffy one hander with 1100dmg, socket and 230+ dex (no crit chance and 50% would have meant loosing around 150dmg and around 20-30 dex).

The ring has been changed: Dex (90), Cr (48), Ias (8), Crit Chance(4.5), +Life (4%), armor(~150) (quite cheap)

Changed the offhand to one which steals lots of life and has good dmg (835), crit hit dmg *62), socket, vita (~40) and dex (174)

The gems in the amulet and pants have been changed to stars (~1euro each, the next ones were 2.5-3euros for an extra 12dex i thought it wouldn't be worth it).

I am now bidding on shoulders with vita as well.

After all the items come and i test them (and after i sell my former items) I will see if i can go for the Inna Pants or i still need something else.

The only problem is that now i ended with too much LoH (over 1k) actually :D
    The items came. As said in my first post which is updated:

My main problems here are the following:
    - I would like to get the bonus from Inna's 2 parts (+130dex), especially from the pants, but i the only way I think I can do now is by replacing the gems in the pants and the amulet with +vitality (34.5k life).

- My Attacks per second went quite down (1.59). Will this be a problem for a SW build?

- My LoH went too high so I will need to change the amulet again i think with one with less (or without LoH)

For the moment my plan would be:
    - shoulders like mine but with vitality

- Buy Inna's Pants with CR (and replace the emeralds with +vita gems for the moment)
    Actually i'd start to drop LoH entirely if you mainly run solo, 1-2 items with +healthglobe healing and a piece with pickup radius is enough. For group play just have a weaker weapon but with lifesteal ready and you're set.

Inna's Pants seems like a must with high dps PLUS runspeed on them, you can also get some vitality via your amulet slot (for now, until you want to invest many millions into getting another dps stat on it). But they should have either resist or vitality to make up for the huge loss on that slot. What's up with your chest? Double resist and high armor is nice but it only offers 150 stats, that's rather low for a lvl 60 piece.
    Quote from ballon

Actually i'd start to drop LoH entirely if you mainly run solo, 1-2 items with +healthglobe healing and a piece with pickup radius is enough. For group play just have a weaker weapon but with lifesteal ready and you're set.

Inna's Pants seems like a must with high dps PLUS runspeed on them, you can also get some vitality via your amulet slot (for now, until you want to invest many millions into getting another dps stat on it). But they should have either resist or vitality to make up for the huge loss on that slot. What's up with your chest? Double resist and high armor is nice but it only offers 150 stats, that's rather low for a lvl 60 piece.

I still consider 700-800 LoH is needed and it would be hard to convince me otherwise. However my current off hand and the skill grasp provide over 900 LoH so I have more than enough.

As said I will get more vita through the shoulders (100+) and for the moment through some gems so i can wear Inna's Pants when i buy them.

After that I will invest in another chest armor most likely because i agree with you here. The new chest armor should give extra damage (through dex) and more vitality.

So in short:
    Shoulder
    Inna's Pants
    Chest Armor.

P.S. The link to my profile has not yet been updated by blizzard.
    Regarding gloves: gloves like mine, but with 50-80 vita cost a huge amount. I am better of buying a better gem in helm.

Your current gloves arent bad. Dont get me wrong BUT there are two problems:

1.) They lack both vit and some res which you need badly atm f.e. to switch the gem in your helm to a ruby for better paragon grinding or getting more dex from sockets later on.
    2.) They are far from max rolls in terms of cc/ccd/ias

So getting gloves with lets say:

9 ias
    +9 cc
    +150 dex
    some vit and res

will end up better in terms of your whole gearset. Sure u miss some ccd but its easier to find good innas pants without spending a fortune on those cuz you dont need either vit or res on those. ;) Loosing like 29 ccd for maybe 3 ias + 2 cc and like +50 dex from socket is a good trade.

So lets compare scoundrel and enchantress:

Scoundrel: flat 3% cc
    Enchantress: 3 ias(as long as she is alive) + 15% dmg for 3sec every 15sec and 15% bonus armor

15% armor with your gear is worth like 80 all res!
    15% dmg for 3sec every 15sec is kinda strong. It ends up in a 2% flat dmg buff
    3% ias isnt bad considering your aps with the new weps.

In the end the enchantress wins by far in terms of dmg and support.
    the biggest damage increase u can get is definatly an amulet with crit damage on it 50percent+ a good amount of dex and +- damage

gonna cost 10 mill for a decent one but if u buy correct u can easily add 9k damage there.

when your doing this kind of damage u can easily survive also with lifesteal. for future weapon upgrades u might find better deals with lifesteal then loh.

besides amulet get a chest with three sockets, u can gain another 130 dex there so about 5k dps.

if u have about 16 mill to buy a better chest and amulet, its easy to get another 14k dps there. thats alot of dps for a small amount of money.

when u reach that damage, try playing without your loh weapon and u will notice when playing good that things die fast and u wont need loh. loh or lifesteal is handy on bosses or mobs with reflect damage so that still makes it valuable in small amounts
    A nice tip is using this site when upgrading gear:

d3jutsu.staticloud.com

shows stat changes etc before buying an item. Most effective that way =D
    I prefer http://theasiangamer.com/diablo-iii-browser-based-damagegear-comparison-calculator/

Accurate in terms of dps/dmg and easy to use.
    Quote from Shinna1989

Doesn't seem to work on EU.. also I don't think it shows EHP?
    Sure it works on eu.
    Can't get it to import char : (
    Thanks for all the tips.

Just now has blizzard updated my character sheet.

Today I am working on shoulders (the bid ends in ~7h)
    After that i need to sell some of the items i am not using anymore as I am a little low on money.
    Quote from strakh

Can't get it to import char : (

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/?-

Enter your battletag to search for your heros. Click on the hero i.e. your monk. Copy the URL from your browser and paste into the calc to import this hero. :)
    Bought the shoulders (can be seen on my profile).

My question now is: Should i buy Inna's pants with CR/Vita or some random stat so i get them cheaper?

I would go for CR so i can loose the ress on the the ring and the amu.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes