Bring back the monk in monk, echoing fury best for loh and lifesteal

Howday

So i was doing some groupplay with my skorn, smashing heads in. Running back to other what do i see on the ground, its a legendary mace, good thing i went back im thinking or this baby was a goner.

its a 1063 dps echoing fury with crit damage 55 and 163 strength and lifesteal, no socket. Overal doesnt look that great, checking the ah ,some of these u can get fairly cheap, escpially with no socket.

So i decide to give this toy a ride to check it out. Coming from using a skorn, this weapon is the opposite, this is like attack speed monk before the nerf.

If u have a bit of attack speed on your gear like 11%, this weapon boosts also your ofhand speed. Which means a 1.4 weapon gets boosted to 2.1. the mace itself goes 1.8 speed. Stunlock mode.

Overal this is a great weapon for survival, this scales so good with loh or lifesteal, the insane weapon speed boost is so good.

My weapon doesnt have dex, no socket, so looses alot of crit damage, and its still fucing good. Loose about 3k dps vs a normal rare high crit damage set.

For funs i also picked a won khim lau for 1 million to test it, and although my sheet dps went down quite alot , im just melting things with about 53k dps. That tiny bit of lifesteals giving me 800-1300 healz.
    Feels better then skorn with 77k dps.

If u like play like a superfast ninja, then echoing fury is what u gonna wield...

Share the love
    socket ones are just damn expensive... :/
    Quote from Deadlybonne

If u have a bit of attack speed on your gear like 11%, this weapon boosts also your ofhand speed. Which means a 1.4 weapon gets boosted to 2.1. the mace itself goes 1.8 speed. Stunlock mode.

Could you explain this a bit more? Are you saying the +0.2x attacks per second also boosts the weapon speed of the offhand? Far as I can tell the speed boost is already included in the mace weapon speed. I don't see how the mace goes to 1.8 or a 1.4 to 2.1, nor how the 11% comes into play.
    the mace itself is 1.44 indeed. add another weapon for the dualwield bonus and it gets 1.66 speed.
    the other weapon lets say a 1.4 speed, get boosted to 1.89. If the mace didnt boost the offhand, then the speed would be 1.61

Now add in 5% attackspeed on gloves and 6% attackspeed on a ring. Pretty easy to get.

the mace now get boosted to 1.81 and the offhand 2.07

As u can see people with alot of attack speed gonna be doing sick stuff hehe. But i guess the minimum attackspeed u want on gear would be 11% because then your above 1.8 and in stunluckmode which will help reduce damage.

In plain english, your offhand also receives the 0.24 speed benefit as the mace has. Which makes slow weapons fast or fast weapons superfast hehe.
    Quote from Deadlybonne

the mace itself is 1.44 indeed. add another weapon for the dualwield bonus and it gets 1.66 speed.
    the other weapon lets say a 1.4 speed, get boosted to 1.89. If the mace didnt boost the offhand, then the speed would be 1.61

Now add in 5% attackspeed on gloves and 6% attackspeed on a ring. Pretty easy to get.

the mace now get boosted to 1.81 and the offhand 2.07

As u can see people with alot of attack speed gonna be doing sick stuff hehe. But i guess the minimum attackspeed u want on gear would be 11% because then your above 1.8 and in stunluckmode which will help reduce damage.

Wow, that's sick. Just googled, people seem to agree that Echoing Fury bonus attack applies to both weapons.

Well, I think I'm selling my Skorn, this sounds awesome o.O

Thanks for sharing this!
    My monk Vin
    yes it counts for both weapons.

general rules are:

attackspeed on items > both weapons
    attackspeed on weapon > only that weapon
    attacks per second on weapon > both weapons
    Interesting - I am wielding an Echoing Fury as well and am considering going dual wield but I am concerned with the 9.5% loss of Crit Chance when I give up my shield. Wouldn't that make the Sweeping Wind / Cyclone proc chance too low to be effective? Also, I found that the high chance to fear on the Echoing Fury has it downsides. Enemies constantly run away from you in all directions and some of range mobs then start pounding you from the distance. I ended up switching to Deadly Reach from FoT for that reason. How are others finding that?

Can't post links yet - here is a mutilated URL to my profile: us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Razzuk-1885/hero/21746401
    How does it benefit life steal again? : p
    Currently played toon:
    http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Rage-2973/hero/28310

Profit:
    Flipping/Sniping: 6577€
    very nice, I like this...
    Quote from Razzuk

Also, I found that the high chance to fear on the Echoing Fury has it downsides. Enemies constantly run away from you in all directions and some of range mobs then start pounding you from the distance. I ended up switching to Deadly Reach from FoT for that reason. How are others finding that?

I was getting kinda excited about this weapon, but that does not sound very nice at all.
    Quote from Razzuk

Interesting - I am wielding an Echoing Fury as well and am considering going dual wield but I am concerned with the 9.5% loss of Crit Chance when I give up my shield. Wouldn't that make the Sweeping Wind / Cyclone proc chance too low to be effective? Also, I found that the high chance to fear on the Echoing Fury has it downsides. Enemies constantly run away from you in all directions and some of range mobs then start pounding you from the distance. I ended up switching to Deadly Reach from FoT for that reason. How are others finding that?

Can't post links yet - here is a mutilated URL to my profile: us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Razzuk-1885/hero/21746401

Cyclone proc chance would drop yes, but increased attackspeed covers that pretty good (faster you hit -> more cyclones you produce). Its more about playstyle. Some like S&B others DW. Also DW grants 15% IAS itself, remember that.
    Quote from Huminator

How does it benefit life steal again? : p

Yea, seem like you'd lose out on Life Steal since your DPS is nerfed. Attack speed doesn't affect life steal afaik.
    I have been doing my best to spread the word on Echoing Fury as well.

http://www.diablofans.com/topic/66809-new-top-1hander-for-melee/

Echoing fury has no impact on lifesteal and its effect on sweeping wind is dependent on your gear.

The main thing is the APS applies to both weapons.
    the perfect one are awesome 0.25 !! it also add onto OH

+ WLK would be even better haha, i have read something about this combo echoing fury + WKL

DEF give it a try
    My Profile :d3d:
    Meyrin- US
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes