Please, tell how to improve!

Hey all!

I started to play again when 1.04 was released and It's pretty fun now when your monk can survive against pretty much all champs on all difficulties. I'm trying to progress but mostly focus on getting my paragon up and getting some better gear.

My route is act 2 - Black Soulstone (without killing kulle) and it's going pretty good, although I want to be able to farm act 3. I'm getting about 5M exp in 40 min. I'm mostly trying to focus on getting my spirit up and then just nuke everything with my WoL.

I need help on how to improve my gear combined with my playing style. I was main tank back in WoW so my style is quite aggressive, I love to rush in and just AoE everything and that's why I like my current spec.

Just post some tips on what I need to replace (gear) or if I need to change something. I don't have that much cash atm but it's alright. Maybe you can just give some advices on which caps/gaps I have to fill out!

"War is created, peace is obtained"

‎"Inferno difficulty is very, very, very hard. Internally we had this super hardcore test team, and we got it to the point where they thought it was challenging enough. And then we doubled it." - Jay Wilson
    http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Xpert-2119/hero/11252429

facerolling act 3 with that crappy weapon
    well u have three kind of items, items with stats, items with crit chance and offensive items.

u get as much dex , vit and resist on your stat items, and the same with items with crit chance

for your offensive items, u can`t be picky and might drop vit, resist to have alot of dps.

u wanne go more damage dealer, how tanky u wanne be will affect your dps,
    Ty for answers but I need more details.. I suppose.

‎"Inferno difficulty is very, very, very hard. Internally we had this super hardcore test team, and we got it to the point where they thought it was challenging enough. And then we doubled it." - Jay Wilson
    A major survival upgrade would be in your shield. Your current shield only have a 10 % block chance, but you can easily get one with 20-25 % (28 % is the max). In addition, picking a Sacred Shield (ilevel 63) would be beneficial, since it has the highest block amount.

Update: You might also consider picking another passive than fleet footed. I would suggest Seize the Initiative, because it does add quite a bit of armor.

Even if you are having no issues surviving at the moment, these 2 changes will allow you to gear more offensively without losing your current survivability.
    Quote from SwamySalami

A major survival upgrade would be in your shield. Your current shield only have a 10 % block chance, but you can easily get one with 20-25 % (28 % is the max). In addition, picking a Sacred Shield (ilevel 63) would be beneficial, since it has the highest block amount.

Update: You might also consider picking another passive than fleet footed. I would suggest Seize the Initiative, because it does add quite a bit of armor.

Even if you are having no issues surviving at the moment, these 2 changes will allow you to gear more offensively without losing your current survivability.

Ty about the shield, I'll have to find something better. What do you think about the belt, should I keep it?

Yes, I'm aware of my passive, it's basically because I'm farming act 2 and don't experience any problems, in other words, i'm facerolling it.

Belt is: String of ears with 20% dmg reduction from melee.

Unless you are having big issues with melee damage, a nicely rolled ilevel 61-63 belt could give you quite a damage boost and more well rounded defensive stats (i.e. less melee reduction than the SoE, but more spell and ranged reduction). A ilevel 63 belt can give up to 200 Dexterity and Vitality I believe, up to 12% Life and up to 80 All Resistance and 60 of another resistance. That is not to mention the other random stats such as magic find or bonus armor it may have.
    Quote from SwamySalami

Unless you are having big issues with melee damage, a nicely rolled ilevel 61-63 belt could give you quite a damage boost and more well rounded defensive stats (i.e. less melee reduction than the SoE, but more spell and ranged reduction). A ilevel 63 belt can give up to 200 Dexterity and Vitality I believe, up to 12% Life and up to 80 All Resistance and 60 of another resistance. That is not to mention the other random stats such as magic find or bonus armor it may have.

A very constructive answer. +1

I should basically try and experiment, just need some cash for that.

Thanks!

• To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes