Is Inna's worth it for monks?

Inna's set has great bonuses for 2 items (130dex) and for 5 items (in case you are using sweeping wind).

The helm, Radiance, is quite great, but you pay a lot for only a little extra (the main difference is max 6%crit and not 5%).

The Pants are not that great because, at best, you can find them with all ress or your ress or vita. The problem is that they give a lot in terms of damage, but not survival.

The belt cannot give res, dex and vita (unless you pay a lot, a real lot). All for an extra 1.0% crit and for the holy dmg which is hard to explain? Seeing as Inna's is made for Sweeping Wind, i am quite confused about how damage you get with the +% holy dmg

The armor is quite good, but yet again very expensive compared to a similar armor but of rare quality.

The 2-hander... now...i never played 2hander as a monk.

My main problem here is that if you get all the items at a good quality they are worth it. But that quality is worth several hundred millions. For several dozens you can something which is at worst 10% weaker (except for the sweeping wind costs).

I am interested in your opinions here, both on the full set and on using only the helm and the chest armor for the 130 dex bonus.
    The set is great but as you already mentioned they are worth a shitload of gold. With good rolls(incl. res and vit rolls on some pieces) you will end up sending like more then 1 billion i guess. The helm is kinda cheap but realy good legs, chest and belt cost a furtnue.
    Words of wisdom: Don't follow the advice of people who won't have to deal with the consequences.
    i want the helm just because it has sick dex on it which is nice damage boost and good helms are hard to find.

but no its not worth it since if u can afford the gear your already owning content, the sweeping winds thing is nice tho, speeds up farming.

its not needed but your probably clean content a bit faster with the set.
    is the armory outdated? I can't neighter find a hint to 6% crit for the helm nor a 5th set bonus (that would increase holy damage).

If they did not update the set bonuses I just prefer the DH-set (7 % crit for 2 and 130 dex for 3 items (3 could be worn by monk too).
    Legs are amazing. Get your DPS high enough and resists become less important. It gives crit/atk speed and run speed on a slot that doesn't normally have it. Stack resist on your chest, shoulders, wrists, etc.
    to the op yes it is fine
    Picking up the pants and helm was a 10k dps boost, with only a loss of ~50 res (didn't have resist on helm at the time, only legs). So, trading 50 resist for 10k dps is very much worth it imho, assuming you can still stay above 600 resist.

Profile for those that are curious: http://us.battle.net...0/hero/14198432
    Quote from Gerta

is the armory outdated? I can't neighter find a hint to 6% crit for the helm nor a 5th set bonus (that would increase holy damage).

If they did not update the set bonuses I just prefer the DH-set (7 % crit for 2 and 130 dex for 3 items (3 could be worn by monk too).

You are looking at the wrong set.
    http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/innas-radiance
    Worth getting with endgame gear? Maybe if you don't want/need double resist rolls or mf gear for now. Worth spending 50M a piece? No, i'd wait until things come down to a more reasonable level. I don't know about your gold aquiring rate but i've yet to find a 100s of million gold weapon, earning maybe 0.5-0.75M per hour.
    I recently bought a well rolled inna's helm wich by itself was a very good upgrade for me. As someone mentioned above finding a good helm with a socket, high crit, 150+ dex, vita and some resist is surprisingly hard, so inna's helm is a good choice in my opinion. If you can't afford one with high resist look for +armor, +life % or life regen, those stats are also helpful and a bit cheaper.

I am planning on getting inna's pants as well. I will lose alot of resist, but the attack speed is godley and most importanly 12 % movement speed. Moving faster makes farming faster and makes it easier to get high kill streaks. I don't care for the other pieces, they seem inferior to me compared to well rolled rares.
    I bought helm and pants for 30 mil each. Was pretty much everything I had, but the dps upgrade was huge. The movement speed is the biggest factor though, when it comes to the pants (though you can get it on other legendaries too of course).
    I use WoL and SSS, the +holy dmg on belt itself makes it worth it for me, though I have yet to afford one of those...
    Unless you have unlimited resources, it is not worthwhile.

In terms of gold or US$, you simply can get more DPS investing in weapon.

After 1.0.4, weapon price dropped significantly, you can start bidding a 1000+ rare weapon with as low as 1 million.

Before the patch, you couldn't find anything similar with 10M.

On the contrary, price on gear and jewel goes up.

To beef up resist beyond 600 with decent amount of dex, vit, cc, cd, AS will cost more than before.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes