Act 4 Monk help?

Hi all, can someone please try and help me figure out what to do next with my monk to farm act 4? I take on Act 3 no problem for most packs and have cleared to and done Azmo a couple times from Siege. I'm sitting on 27182 DPS unbuffed, 31260 with blazing wrath. I'm currently dual wielding for a high LoH number(2200).

My Build:
    Fist of thunder/ Thunderclap
    Sweeping wind/ Cyclone
    Serenity/ Ascension
    Blind/ Faith in the light
    Breath of heaven/ Blazing Wrath
    Mantra of Evasion/ Hard Target

Stats:
    Crit chance - 20.5%
    Crit damage - 149%
    DEX - 1732
    VIT - 813
    ARMOR - 4349
    DAMAGE - 27182.43
    HP - 32179
    RESISTS - 798
    Life Per Second - 302
    Life on Hit - 2200
    Dodge(raw) - 46.7%
    Dodge(evasion) - 54.7%
    Damage Reduction - 59.18%
    Damage Reduction(hard target) - 63.49%

Thanks in Advance, any help will be greatly appreciated!
    your damage is good so maybe you could get more survival stats. First get more armor and some HP. If that doesnt do it get other survival stats too.
    Thanks, I guess I'll replace some dex w/ vit and try to squeeze out more resists
    Are you using seize the initiative? Enchantress?

Slow weapons and no added attack speed devalues your LoH, has lower cyclone procs, and has lower spirit generation.

There are a couple more 'hard' type mobs in Act 4 that require really good tactics or high damage reduction. Act 3 has the odd mob like phase beasts or golgors, but I can think of four types off the top of my head that are tough in Act 4 plus regular mobs that stun for an extended period (hello arcane enchanted+horde+molten+teleporter morlu incinerators....two teleports...give me MSLE back please).

It appears that most people stay with Act 3 even though they have the ability to do 4, however I have no actual data. My personal experience is that Act 3 is easier with the same returns.
    What passives are you playing with?
    Quote from KalikooJack

your damage is good so maybe you could get more survival stats. First get more armor and some HP. If that doesnt do it get other survival stats too.

This, also try a shield with high crit chance / dex / armor / resists, you won't lose much damage with this. Also, try DR keen eye (while keeping Thunderclap) but it may requires you to change your play style a bit
    get a shield, 7k+ armor makes a noticeable difference. also you might want to use moe:hard target. rest is fine
    For solo monk after the nerf, I hate to say it, but drop down an act and see how you perform w/ conviction w/ overawe. After changing to that mantra solo'n became easier for me. In groups it also helps to down treasure goblins. With your stats i would suggest more hp (around 40k), more armor and the rest looks fine. I also agree w/ post, try out a shield for tough packs, high dex resist and they can come w/ 10% crit as well.
    Your low armor is definitely a problem. With Hard Target and Enchantress buff, I'm sitting at almost double of yours (without shield). Makes me think you're not using Seize The Initiative.
    Quote from phntstc

Hi all, can someone please try and help me figure out what to do next with my monk to farm act 4? I take on Act 3 no problem for most packs and have cleared to and done Azmo a couple times from Siege.

There is no point in farming act4. Way less elite/champ packs and the first 2 bosses u wont be able to kill with 5 stacks...In regards of farming stick with act3.

For farming act3 i would lower loh to around 1k or maybe 1,5k...U dont need that much loh and try to raise your armor and dps. Higher dps helps alot in terms of farming faster and dying less. ;)

Im farming act3 inferno with like:

MoE / Backlash
    ToF / TC
    SW / Cyclones
    BoH / BW
    Serenity / Ascension
    Blind / Faith in the light

Using my Enc as a follower and im sitting on:

48k unbuffed DPS
    6k Armor
    600 Res
    900 LoH
    33k HP
    26% Crit and 220% Crit Dmg
    25% IAS "+" 3% from Enc
    act4 has some really nasty mobs , packs. basicly u need enough health and u need high dps. Dps is survival, things that die fast don't hurt u. i also do it with 300 loh.

u probably could gain alot of dps, getting weapons with crit damage a socket, and then putting 90% crit gems in it, this prob will add u 20k dps if u get about 600w+200dex or 700 weapon+100 dex..

mobs hit hard, so u need at least 40k if u dont wanne get oneshot on some things..

most important thing is, get an item with pickupradius if u dont have it, this keeps u alive,and u will notice that by doing alot of damage u wont need much loh since the globes will heal u. And when needed u could kite back and pick one up.. Problem with loh is, that it takes up damage stats, so u loose alot of damage. Once u reach 37k unbuffed things die fast, if u play smart on molten and use cooldowns good, u can really play with very little loh. i use an amulet with 8% crit , 400loh,and +life %. i probably will play without loh once i can afford good dps amulet and rings as i will have too much dps hehe
    I'd really suggest playing with mantra of conviction and overawe. I got through Act IV the first time with similar stats as you but about 450 resists and about 2k more dps than you although my health pool was about 10k more than yours. Lots of spike damage in Act IV so low HP makes it that much more difficult. You have to really watch your positioning and be very mobile against the different packs in Act IV. Can't just stand there and tank stuff even with 2200 LOH and a shitton of resists/armor.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes