Monk 1.0.3 Update Guide - Not a Text Guide

Hello again fellow Monks! I've created an up to date 1.0.3 guide, it's shorter than the rest as I've only really covered the new stat priorities you want to aim for as well as which gear you want to go for in general :) Sorry it's a bit late, I've been working pretty hard on getting all of my characters to level 60 to complete the rest of the guide series on my channel!

Check it out on my Youtube channel at:
    http://www.youtube.c...Nmitty/featured

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMd6HlqFZFA&list=UUefx9RJZBwayEBO-aLM6acg&index=1&feature=plcp
    I need some help. On my monk I have 35k hp, 17k dps unbuff, 5k armor, 860 res, 5% critic chance and 75% inc. Crít. Dmg, 1100 loh, dw.

I can do the act 2 but the act 3 i die a lot. I am on ghom and i cant kill him. As i can see on you guide critical chance and % inc dmg become extreme important?
    Good guide which covers most of it , however I dont see cyclone procs giving any benefit from LoH in this latest patch at least.
    That was a very informative video, thanks. Could TryHard or anyone discuss the use of the Scoundrel vs Enchantress? And I have about 31kDPS buffed but about 24kHP --- should I swap out some DEX42 gems for VIT42 ones?
    Glad it's helping!
    Have been testing some more and im not 100% sure since I dont have it on paper, but cyclone does not give any LoH procs.
    Thunderclap however is awesome proccing several times and on aoe.

Do you have any info somewhere that the cyclones should proc LoH?
    Always like your videos, thanks for making those!

Quote from ankilling

I need some help. On my monk I have 35k hp, 17k dps unbuff, 5k armor, 860 res, 5% critic chance and 75% inc. Crít. Dmg, 1100 loh, dw.

I can do the act 2 but the act 3 i die a lot. I am on ghom and i cant kill him. As i can see on you guide critical chance and % inc dmg become extreme important?

What build do you use? I struggled a lot going full offensive at act 2 and try to do the same in act 3. Your resistance seems fine but your 5k armor needs more work. I would put at least 1 - 2k more armor, 20% more crit chance and 100% more crit damage, even at the cost of dmg and loh, switch your build to more defensive if you haven't, MoE hard target and DR keen eye would let you survive better in act 3
    Quote from teoteodore

That was a very informative video, thanks. Could TryHard or anyone discuss the use of the Scoundrel vs Enchantress? And I have about 31kDPS buffed but about 24kHP --- should I swap out some DEX42 gems for VIT42 ones?

I use Enchantress to progress, the armor buff is just too good to give up

Scoundrel is great for farming act 1 and 2, the extra dmg buff after crit is quite noticeable

Which act are you on? give more information for us to help
    Enchantress is amazing for if you're struggling to survive in acts 2 or 4, the extra armor can add up to anywhere from 2-4% reduction which is actually noticeable, her random CC actually helps more than you would think as well! I prefer the Scoundrel as he's higher DPS across the board, 3% crit translates to more tornadoes, if you give your Scoundrel a bow with 3% + chance to CC as well as cold damage on it he slows the mobs a lot which can lead to kiting better in between CDs!
    Love your guides thanks!
    meh. it saddens me to see these video guides these days. you can't make up your mind during break times about how you try a guide on your character and how the OP explains some skills. :/
    very nice guide thnx man
    Live stream goes live next week officially!
    Guide is much appreciated!

I've somewhat followed this guide (already was gearing toward crit, LoH, DW, etc.) and was already running the build. However, I still cannot survive worth a damn in Act 3. Took me many, many deaths to kill a fire chains, molten, nightmarish pack, and I got completely stuck on a phasebeast pack with desecreate, horde, etc...I just couldn't eat the damage from the elites for any amount of time, nor can you really kite a phasebeast.

I'm running:

772 resists
    4735 armor
    ~30k health
    1022 LoH
    25% crit, 221% crit dmg
    22.8k DPS
    1509 dexterity

Weapons are 1.4 and 1.5 speeds.

Only things I can think of are to just keep increasing DPS to hopefully whittle down some packs, or try and get some more resists/armor. I've tried fighting with a shield/evasion w/ Hard Target, but it doesn't seem to help a whole ton.
    I seriously wonder how u even survive with these stats in act3.
    I die a lot :(
    here are my stats:
    802 all resist
    18 crit chance
    65 crit dmg bonus :S
    19k unbuffed dps
    5k armor
    35.5k hp
    936 loh
    using dw 1h swords (both 1.40)
    1676 dex
    but still act 3 is..... -.-'
    The stats recomended here are more suited for progressing in given acts. They don't work very well when it comes to farming elite packs...atleast from my xp. Anyways, thumbs up for your work!
    Quote from Gamanuj

I seriously wonder how u even survive with these stats in act3.
    I die a lot :(
    here are my stats:
    802 all resist
    18 crit chance
    65 crit dmg bonus :S
    19k unbuffed dps
    5k armor
    35.5k hp
    936 loh
    using dw 1h swords (both 1.40)
    1676 dex
    but still act 3 is..... -.-'

Your damage is too low thats probably why. I dropped 400 resists to 612 resists but I am pumping out 34k unbuffed dps. Elite packs die fairly quick in act 3 and I have no problem with any of them
    imo get more critt chance + dmg, sack some hp. Loh is decent. would suggest even more loh for act 3. resist are fine aim 700+
    I used your guides before to help me get going :) My Monk went easy past act 2. Act 3 is a different story I play tank spec and im stuck abt 14.5k dps... and starting to struggle.
    Think I need to rework my itemization on my gears cause I have the stats just lack the DPS. Dont ahve funds for it either... and with 0 MF on my gears drops im getting are sucking so cant even ah stuff :(

Should I just drop my shield and go Duel Weild ?
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes